BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2018/22 World Cup bids

Cannot wait for Qatar 2022. Will be an amazing experience, with my father already having several properties over in Qatar, it will be ideal for me.

Shame about England not getting it. Wonder how much money was spent behind the whole bid? unsure.gif

I'm made up for you. :closedeyes:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

qater? cant even spell it, apart from blue n white rover,who can name a town,team or a qaternese/ish/golian player ...and they said the gulf war was about oil money.

What are you on about?

It's great to see Qatar get the 2022 World Cup. If you don't like it, tough! It's happening, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Bitter.

It's great to see Qatar get the 2022 World Cup.

From your very personal viewpoint.

From the standpoint of 99.9% of fans though, they will be wondering what the motivation is for awarding the World Cup to a nation that doesn't appear to have the infrastructure or football heritage to support it. You don't have to be a hard-bitten cynic to think there's other reasons for this.

Who will be host next, Burma?

What are you on about?

It's great to see Qatar get the 2022 World Cup. If you don't like it, tough! It's happening, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Bitter.

If it was a pan-Arabia bid, games in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Bahrain etc then I could defintely have seen the merit. But just Qatar? come off it!

Tiny nation with no football heritage- England, Spain, no chance for a legacy- South Africa, Brazil and no dormant potential fanbase that could be galvanised by a World Cup- US, Australia, Japan/Korea.

You have a personal stake in Qatar and I am sure you are looking forward to it, but in my opinion it is another massive example of FIFAs corruption.

From the standpoint of 99.9% of fans though, they will be wondering what the motivation is for awarding the World Cup to a nation that doesn't appear to have the infrastructure or football heritage to support it. You don't have to be a hard-bitten cynic to think there's other reasons for this.

What did South Africa have?

It's about spreading football across the globe. Money probably was involved I'm not denying that, but Qatar itself is a magnificent country. The people their are fantastic and it will be a great experience not only for myself, but for the thousands traveling.

They may not have the infrastructure, but I guarantee by the time 2022 arrives, Qatar will have the best facilities in place to host a fabulous World Cup.

Agreed. The two highest risk bids, one from a country rife with corruption and bundles of easily hidden mafia money, the other an oil-rich state with plenty of rich sheikhs with easy access to large amounts of money.

Why did they win exactly?

What did South Africa have?

It's about spreading football across the globe. Money probably was involved I'm not denying that, but Qatar itself is a magnificent country. The people their are fantastic and it will be a great experience not only for myself, but for the thousands traveling.

They may not have the infrastructure, but I guarantee by the time 2022 arrives, Qatar will have the best facilities in place to host a fabulous World Cup.

What's South Africa got to do with it? It hardly backs up your case, it wasn't the best tournament ever now, was it?

Football's already spread across the globe, I'm people in Qatar have heard of football. I'm sure it's a great country if you play by their rules, but in no way should it host a World Cup, it's not big enough.

It's nothing to do with spreading football,a nd all to do with back-handers, I think most people would agree on that.

What are you on about?

why am i bitter? do tell me what footballing history they have ? sporting history? as for south africa there were a few players knocking about in the big boys of the footballing world,how many from qater? great? why just because your family has property there doesnt make it great ffs,i have a house in rishton doesnt make it great tho,having said that rishton is probably more qualified than qater and im not joking.

Personal greed, politics, corruption, oil and money are the winners today.

Unfortunately, the losers are the fans.

I totally agree with that and that the way I feel. We had the best bid BY FAR and the BEST GROUNDS IN THE WORLD. We give the best presentation this morning and we had Prince William, Becks and Cameron there. And we only got 2 votes from the Fifa people and went out in the first round. It just show that FIFA KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL AND ARE CORRUPT. I hope that the ENGLISH media expose the corruption behind Fifa and Uefa. And that blatter is absoulte idiot!!!!!

Qatar daily temperatures in June, of 108 degrees. Don't expect too much football to be played. This is one world cup that the players will definately want to avoid.

IT WILL BE OK ALLERDYCE WILL BE IN 20TH YEAR OF ENGLAND MANAGER THEY WONT NEED TO PLAY FOOTBALL...hhhhhooooof

• Backroom

Qatar daily temperatures in June, of 108 degrees. Don't expect too much football to be played. This is one world cup that the players will definately want to avoid.

There is talk of air conditioned covered grounds I believe.

To be perfectly honest I don't care that we didn't get it really, I think it should be spread around. Never been a Wc in the middle east until now.

Was it Qatar that Sam was linked with a move to?

I totally agree with that and that the way I feel. We had the best bid BY FAR and the BEST GROUNDS IN THE WORLD. We give the best presentation this morning and we had Prince William, Becks and Cameron there. And we only got 2 votes from the Fifa people and went out in the first round. It just show that FIFA KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL AND ARE CORRUPT. I hope that the ENGLISH media expose the corruption behind Fifa and Uefa. And that blatter is absoulte idiot!!!!!

We? new york? mmmmm...messing with ya :P

cameron is the reason we didnt win,as jim pointed out he ferks everything up !!

Personal greed, politics, corruption, oil and money are the winners today.

Unfortunately, the losers are the fans.

I'd add 'allegedly' to the first bit but completely agree with both... In my opinion, and I stress this is my opinion, FIFA and the World Cup has little to do with fans. It is all about money and money making. Everything from 'well-placed' companies and chief executives in positions to directly and indirectly affect World Cup votes to payments, in kind and direct, for votes all in the name of profit and wealth, allegedly. It's always the fans who lose out. I'm a fan of football and a fan of a proper World Cup. I'd love to see a World Cup organisation that was completely independant of any outside influence, unfortunately (allegedly) FIFA is not such an organisation.

I have to ask the question, how come the Motherland of football (as we have been called today) has only ever hosted one World Cup?

• Backroom

Out of interest chaddy what the hell does beckham being there have to do with anything?

As for the stadiums we may have the most but probably not the best by 2018.

Forget Panorama, a load of numpties from Birmingham might well have just blown our chances of hosting the World Cup.

Errr!! Would it be possible for some kind person to actually tell us what the said numpties in Birmingham have done to put the England bid at risk?

Not surprised that Russia with corruption rife got 2018, and not too disappointed, I would have been more so had Spain been appointed.

Uefa should have an agreement in place that they have just the one nomination that goes forward to this Fifa charade. We cannot control worldwide fifa delegates, yet we should have more success over uefa.

England's turn should then come before that of, Germany, Spain, Italy, France and now Russia.

So for 2026 and then 2034, we would be up against the Dutch, Sweden, Portuguese, I can't think of any other major European football nations, which if we cannot use our financial clout to host then tell them all were to stick their international football.

Archived