BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boltons Finances

AndyC

Seems to me Bolton are more dependent on Eddie Davies than we were on Jack!. Should he grow tired of it or anything else happen to him, the whole edifice would come crashing on them! There's clearly no business plan or the debt wouldn't be growing exponentially as it is.

The author of that article is right, Bolton fans should just enjoy it while they can.

I continue to find it nothing short of baffling that now, when it is plain for all to see that administration and plummeting down the divisions is no longer restriced to Scottish First Division teams, that any football club can attempt to operate under these sort of conditions. No foresite or sense of responsibilty whatsoever. Are the people running Bolton really so ignorant as to the reasons that nearly half of the Premiership clubs from the late 90s and early 2000s are struggling between the Championship and League One? Are they really stupid or desperate enough to be coasting along under a "ahhhh, the same thing probably won't happen to us" mentality? Oweing the money to a benefactor rather than a bank definitely offers some breathing space, but if was I a Wanderers fan I'd still be cacking myself reading these figures.

Seems to me Bolton are more dependent on Eddie Davies than we were on Jack!. Should he grow tired of it or anything else happen to him, the whole edifice would come crashing on them! There's clearly no business plan or the debt wouldn't be growing exponentially as it is.

The author of that article is right, Bolton fans should just enjoy it while they can.

Rovers have always appeared to be a well run football club these last 17 years but lets be honest 47er, without the generosity of Jack Walker our own debt would probably at or around the same level.We have always done well in selling players on for more money but

I'm also sure Jack literally wrote off millions of pounds worth of club debt (converted into shares?)

That said, its a frightening position for Bolton to be in,a club so similiar to Rovers in all but name and of course SUCCESS! ^_^

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived