BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] !st Battalion Duke of Lancaster Regiment parade through Blackburn

I`m surprised there`s no thread for this occasion yesterday.

Did anybody else attend the parade/march? :huh:

I took a couple of hours off work to show my appreciation & respect to the lads & was amazed by the numbers who lined the streets of Blackburn town centre in the snow & sub-zero temperatures. The look of pride on the faces of the marching troops as the crowds cheered them was brilliant.

Smellygraff link to event....

It wasn`t just Blackburn folk there either. I saw a couple of people with Blackpool woolly hats on & even a girl in a Bumley hat!

"YOU`RE THE PRIDE OF LANCASHIRE!!" was the song of the day :tu:

I`m surprised there`s no thread for this occasion yesterday.

Did anybody else attend the parade/march? :huh:

I took a couple of hours off work to show my appreciation & respect to the lads & was amazed by the numbers who lined the streets of Blackburn town centre in the snow & sub-zero temperatures. The look of pride on the faces of the marching troops as the crowds cheered them was brilliant.

Smellygraff link to event....

It wasn`t just Blackburn folk there either. I saw a couple of people with Blackpool woolly hats on & even a girl in a Bumley hat!

"YOU`RE THE PRIDE OF LANCASHIRE!!" was the song of the day :tu:

People arn't commenting because it's a good news story. Blackburn came out of the day well ... and that doesn't fit the agenda of many on here who were more than likely itching for a Luton Mk2 to fuel their divisive agenda.

People arn't commenting because it's a good news story. Blackburn came out of the day well ... and that doesn't fit the agenda of many on here who were more than likely itching for a Luton Mk2 to fuel their divisive agenda.

^_^

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=73396

btw A good show by all accounts but with an aside... my colleague from work went to support the troops but she admitted to a feeling of intimidation when she found herself surrounded by a number of EDL members on Northgate.

I've only just notied this thread ES (not that I am a Blackburn 'knocker', but I guess I was one of those you meant )

Fantastic day for the town, I was worried when the snow was coming down that it would bring down the numbers, but Lanky types are obviously made of sterner stuff.

Great to see such a positive Blackburn story on various news outlets.

Great to see such a positive Blackburn story on various news outlets.

Quite decent news pieces on regional BBC & ITV channels. Also made page2 of The Sun (with photo) :tu:

Jal,

An Infantry Battalion ( Which is what the Duke of Lancaster's is.) is normally made up of five companys of around 130 soldiers, A, B, C, support and headquarters company, making a battalion around 650 strong. The parade through Blackburn will have been completed by one company and I would think different companies would bee covering different towns/cities, the regiment has the freedom of most towns in the north west. The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment is an amalgamation of : Queens Lancashire Regiment, King's Own Border Regiment and the KIngs Regiment. I served with 1st Battalion Queens Lancashire Regiment for ten years. Hope this is clear enough.

Archived