BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Experienced Premier League Striker Target...

Hughesy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you remember how poor he was before Coyle had taken over? Our style of football is similar to what Bolton played when this guy was awful!

Or was it just he was awful because he was not suited to having long balls pumped at him all day, and now Bolton are playing football it fits his game more and gets the best out of him?

Seems a lot like Niko's situation to me ....

Or was it just he was awful because he was not suited to having long balls pumped at him all day, and now Bolton are playing football it fits his game more and gets the best out of him?

Seems a lot like Niko's situation to me ....

Perhaps we could screwsell him to Bolton then

ELMANDER MAKES BOLTON VOW

He said of Coyle: "He gives me a lot of freedom. This time last year it was very hard to play football, but when Owen came in and took over, it made a huge difference for me.

"Owen is honest, and I appreciate that. He is the best manager I've had. I will not talk about Gary Megson, but I can say the manager we have now is much more positive. He is always quick to praise the players and that was something Megson was not so good at. I have my confidence back. I have a manager who really believes in me."

Duncan Shearer ?

Duncan Shearer was the most cynical yet smartest piece of business we ever did. If you remember, Swindon were going great guns with Shearer scoring for fun and our signing him effectively crippled their drive for the play-offs. In the event we suddenly had an awful run of results and just limped into the play-offs; had Shearer stayed at Swindon, they would have taken the 6th slot we needed to get up with.

Back to the current list, if the physios do an honest job on RSC and pass him, he is the player I would want. But that is a massive if.

A key factor for me in selecting a seasoned striker is going to be one who links well and makes others play well around him. On that basis Robbie Keane looks the best bet to help Kalinic, Hoilett, Morris and Olsson develop into truly dangerous PL players.

Don't take this the wrong way Philip, but when was the last time you actually watched Keane play?

If anything he would actually have the opposite effect on the players you mentioned because not only is he a pretty lazy player off the ball he also is completely useless without Doyle at international level, so how he would benefit Niko is beyond me! :blink:

ELMANDER MAKES BOLTON VOW

He said of Coyle: "He gives me a lot of freedom. This time last year it was very hard to play football, but when Owen came in and took over, it made a huge difference for me.

"Owen is honest, and I appreciate that. He is the best manager I've had. I will not talk about Gary Megson, but I can say the manager we have now is much more positive. He is always quick to praise the players and that was something Megson was not so good at. I have my confidence back. I have a manager who really believes in me."

I will not talk about Gary Megson....except for in the next two sentences.

This would be my choice of signing. 'The new Dennis Bergkamp' sounds hollow now but as long as SA could focus him on his career and get him to re-invent himself he'd be our best option in January. After falling from grace since going to Spurs he has much to prove. Too much ability for the right wing and would be the ideal and natural replacement for David Dunn in the attacking midfield role.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8728773.Blackburn_Rovers_eye_return_for_Bentley/?ref=mr

I will not talk about Gary Megson....except for in the next two sentences.

Brilliant :D

This would be my choice of signing. 'The new Dennis Bergkamp' sounds hollow now but as long as SA could focus him on his career and get him to re-invent himself he'd be our best option in January. After falling from grace since going to Spurs he has much to prove. Too much ability for the right wing and would be the ideal and natural replacement for David Dunn in the attacking midfield role.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8728773.Blackburn_Rovers_eye_return_for_Bentley/?ref=mr

I agree, he would have played in that position a long time ago if it hadn't been for his excellent crossing ability.

Whenever I saw Bentley play in midfield he seemed pretty ineffective to me. He's another who doesn't seem to find the time and space to run the show there. I was thinking about Simon Barker the other day- when he was on the ball he had that great ability to turn away from trouble and not into it, I don't think Bentley has that. Tugay was another player who did this brilliantly.

Over-rated (Cole).

Product of the English media hype.

Overrated can´t deny but has played PL for long time. It´s always a mystery if player from abroad can make it in PL. Look how Boselli has done at Wigan or how long it took from Elmander to get used to English game. If one striker policy is Rovers´future we could sell Niko in summer.

How about Carlton Cole? He isn´t Grant´s favourite but has done very well previous seasons. He was linked clubs like Arsenal not so long ago also. He would cost much but is a guaranteed double figures goal scorer.

He needs to get a shift on then. Almost half the season gone and he's scored 1 in the Prem.... and they lost that match too.

Archived