BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

How we'll probably line up:

Robinson

Salgado - Nelsen - Samba - Olsson

Emerton - Jones - Pedersen

M. Diouf - E. Diouf

Roberts

How I'd line up:

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones - Givet

Emerton - Pedersen

Hoilett - E. Diouf - Olsson

Kalinic

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Brilliant so you criticse the fact that Sam has gone and want everyone to have a knee jerk reaction, then you go on to predict us to win 2-0 with 2 goals by the guy Sam would't play recently.

Or did the joke go over my head?

Venkys can do one for me. I have finished with the Rovers now.

Did you ever chant, "Rovers till I die"? If you did, it must sound fickle now.

We do not know what these ambitious plans are yet that the Venky's have.

Might be worth going to now.

If ever this team need extra support it is on saturday v whu. Wife and I will also be there. As painful as the sacking of Sam is, the club, the team must come first. We all have to move on.

what is important is 3pts on saturday.

Get behind the lads on saturday.

Strangley it is one of those times that it is not just the club, the team, but the supporters who need a gee up.

Support the team, support the Rovers.

That is our priority, we can do nothing about anything else Rovers related.

WE ARE THE ROVERS,

I can't help but feel the major concern over the last 12 hours events is the effect on the players.

Sacking Allardyce and the reported interest in Maradonna (best to wait and see really) will send a message to the squad. Other than Robinson, Samba , Jones and perhaps Olsson most may well be wondering about their future. With the implied intention behind yesterday's news it's hard to see the team having much motivation.

Win or lose I didn't enjoy going to matches under Sam and rightly or wrongly I am feel more excited and more optimistic about Saturday's game than I have been for eighteen months or so.

If we get stuffed 4-0 I might have to hold my hands up to the "There is no alternative for us to big Sam and we can't play attractive football without being relegated" brigade.

However I can't really see why we can't adopt a change of tactics, formation, (possibly even incorporating our 6m forward) AND get a positive result.

Bring it on.

What a load of ######.....dont turn your back on our club and get behind the lads,they might need us more than ever now.

Rovers 2 West Ham 0

Att 24,500

You cannot reason with fickle supporters. It really is amazing that on a Rovers MB we have to encourage people to remain true to the club. Some people support Rovers if the club make the choices that they themsleves want. If they don't then they are off.

Win or lose I didn't enjoy going to matches under Sam and rightly or wrongly I am feel more excited and more optimistic about Saturday's game than I have been for eighteen months or so.

If we get stuffed 4-0 I might have to hold my hands up to the "There is no alternative for us to big Sam and we can't play attractive football without being relegated" brigade.

However I can't really see why we can't adopt a change of tactics, formation, (possibly even incorporating our 6m forward) AND get a positive result.

Bring it on.

Steve Kean will have em sorted for the weekend. The players - the team that Sam built - should play on saturday the best they have ever done. This lot may only have a few games left playing together, before the transfer window opens.

If ever this team need extra support it is on saturday v whu. Wife and I will also be there. As painful as the sacking of Sam is, the club, the team must come first. We all have to move on.

what is important is 3pts on saturday.

Get behind the lads on saturday.

Strangley it is one of those times that it is not just the club, the team, but the supporters who need a gee up.

Support the team, support the Rovers.

That is our priority, we can do nothing about anything else Rovers related.

WE ARE THE ROVERS,

Absolutely second that. I'm not coming all the way from Holland to boo those chicken-lovers - I come to support Rovers. This is a must-win!

West Ham must be the luckiest club alive. Their revival starts saturday at Ewood--as usual!

There are rumours that Sam will end up at either West Ham or Wolves. We can assume he'll save either of them------- at whose expense? :angry:

That is where the supporters come in. It is essential that we get behind the team on Saturday. It will still be Sam's team playing.

Even though it is only for 2 months we must support Steve Kean - like it or not, he is in the hot seat. 3pts on saturday is a must, not protests etc. If we are shell shocked etc at what is happening, what about the players.

Impossible to predict the score because we have no idea how kean is gonna line them up.

I just cant see us lining up like usual.

----robinson----

salgado--samba-jones-olsson

Hoilet-Goulon-Pederson-Diouf

----Robert-Kalinic---

They want attack football afterall.

Just watched the video on the Rovers site of the players at last night's disabled supporters Christmas party.

Judging by the look on their faces, they are clearly a bunch that are hugely demotivated right now. Considering the event they were at, hardly anyone cracked a smile.

That speaks volumes to me. They are all clearly shell-shocked by what's happened and Steve Kean has got a hell of a lot of work to do to get them up for Saturday.

Just watched the video on the Rovers site of the players at last night's disabled supporters Christmas party.

Judging by the look on their faces, they are clearly a bunch that are hugely demotivated right now. Considering the event they were at, hardly anyone cracked a smile.

That speaks volumes to me. They are all clearly shell-shocked by what's happened and Steve Kean has got a hell of a lot of work to do to get them up for Saturday.

Players are always upset when a manager is sacked - "Disappointed, What a great bloke he was" etc.

Then, after the new bloke has been in charge a week or two all you ever hear is how much more enjoyable training is than it was under his predecessor etc etc.

I agree the reaction of the players on Saturday is key regardless of the result. If they play with spirit and abandon then we should be ok.

If they look demoralised and demotivated there may be a problem.

arrange a demo at the Wham game against T'indians based on the ten days of Christmas:

1. The Riverside all walk out 5 minutes early;

2. Waggy will run naked through Rishton

3. Abbs will stay sober and keep off THE CAPS

4. Jackson will pi$$ himself;

5. Gordon will embrace people of Indian faith;

6. Hughsey will announce the game is called off;

7. Den will stop making sensible posts every couple of weeks or so;

8. the EDL will join the Blue Brigade with a chant calling for a boycott of halal chicken and mushroom pies;

9. Nicko will deliver The Hand of God to Ewood, and;

10. 1864 keeps off the ale (where are you 1864Roverite ?).

Archived