Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM GONE

Hughesy

503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

whether you liked Allardyce or not this has come has a shock , and the timing id terrible , its a big ask to get a manager in , assess the squad and bring in players 3 weeks before the window opens

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I'm ashamed to be associated with Rovers.

Big Sam might not be everyones cuppa tea. But for the new owners to sack him and Macca without warning and without a proper explanation after all that they have done for us is a disgrace.

They know f**k all about football and f**k all about Rovers.

You can shove your chickens up your arse and f**k off home.

Newcastle Rovers

Shocking decision. Timing is so suspect. These guys dont know how to run a football club and they must have some people in their ears (Kentaro). No one can dispute that its one of the worst sackings ever. And to think we used to laugh at clubs like Newcastle when they did this. Oh my.

I doubt John Williams will be at the club for much longer. He is the last piece of the OLD Blackburn Rovers.

I guess those blinded by hatred for Allardyce will be happy tonight, but lets see how they react when Mr. JW is off.

Ok he kept us up but we looked pretty desperate at times, I'm actually a little worried but pleased overall.

It'll be interesting to see who we get, and how the style of playing may improve.

I`m with you AS

Sam was a sort of safe option but I`ve always said the football was dire. Just hope we are not in for a period of instability.

We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club.

What on Earth is that comment mean't to mean ^

Can only guess that the owners want Rovers to be attractive on the pitch in order to sell them in India.

Under Sam that wan't going to happen.

I don't know what to think. I hope they know what they're doing!

But for the new owners to sack him and Macca without warning and without a proper explanation after all that they have done for us is a disgrace.

Who is to say that there wasnt warning? Who is to say they(Venky's & BFS) havent had meetings over the last few weeks about exactly this?

I've got to say that I am shocked about this. Big Sam hasn't been everyone's cup of tea and that includes me at times. However, the guy has done a fantastic job with us by keeping us in the Premiership with nothing to spend. He deserves a lot better than this. This was one of the things that I was worried about when the new owners game, who admitted that they didn't know much about football. They have an idea that we should be playing open attractive football, but without seeming to understand that we need the players to do that. These foreign owners just seem to have unrealistic expectations for the teams that they buy. What more could Sam have realistically achieved? I think that there is something going on behind the scenes with this Kentaro crowd who've been advising on players and I wouldn't be surprised if Sam was digging his heels in regards to potential signings, so the owners went with these guys and decided to get someone in who would sign their players. And that's what I'm nervous about. What manager is going to want to come here and be dictated to about transfers, by people who have such little knowledge of the game that they have hired advisers?

I thought that the way Chris Haughton was treated was disgraceful and this is just as bad. It's embarrassing in fact. The guy has worked miracles on a shoe string, and despite not winning everyone over, he has got results and has got us within touching distance of the top six. To get rid of the guy before he has had a chance to strengthen the team is a huge risk.

After the initial shock I can honestly say I look forward to finding out who they install as manager.

Big Sam did a terrific job keeping us up when he came in, and towards the end of last season he had us playing well and we finished strong.

However this season has been very hit and miss, I sometimes find it a chore to go up and watch.

It's a ballsy decision the owners have made, and I believe they have someone already in place as this appears to have come out of the blue what with all the transfer talk over the past weekeknd.

Thanks Sam, good luck moving forward.

Jason Roberts was just on TalkSport(where he'd heard it first amazingly so even the players weren't told). I know he had a falling out recently with Sam but I thought he was telling when they asked Roberts...

"So did you and the guys like playing for Sam and that that style of football"

Roberts, paused , ummed and ahhhed for a long time before saying like "Um listen, we all have our preferences and just get on with what we're told" or something. Clearly the players weren't happy with sam's style and I wonder if a few had muttered their discontent beforehand.

• Backroom

Got to be Maradona time?

I honestly think that's possible, Venky's want to market us and would want to take us 'on tour' in India at some tage I imagine, they may think a name like Maradonna will attract people to the club.

I am shocked. Bad timing, he wasn't doing a bad job - yes I sometimes hated his style of football, but we were a whisker off 6th.

Many thanks to Sam for saving us in 2009 and the job he has done. There have been some great memories.

Obviously Venkys didn't fancy giving Sam the money to spend, so they prob think it's better to give him a pay off (£1m that's a guess) than giving him £1m to spend on players.

It will be a interesting few days, they must have someone lined up to take charge before the West Ham game.

If we stay in the league, I'll go to the Stoke away game next season and actually see us have a shot at goal now!

Archived