Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM GONE

Hughesy

503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

Jason Roberts was just on TalkSport(where he'd heard it first amazingly so even the players weren't told).

Just happened to me as well on a much smaller scale. The Bee rang me up for a comment at about 5 past 5 and told me immediately before they interviewed me.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless they have an obvious and clear upgrade on Sam to come in with immediate effect this is a shocking and potentially disasterous move. Even the, this isn't how Blackburn Rovers roll.

I've had a love/hate relationship with The Expert but whatever you think of him, he's done nothing to warrant this.

Perhaps we can swap him with Jose at Madrid.

Suprised at the timing of the sacking.

Not suprised they have sacked him,with hindsight he was a dead man walking the moment Venkys took charge.

They plainly had no faith in his type of football,neither did they want to trust him with money.

Hopefully they have a new manager lined up,with the right transfer funds.

The appointment they make,and the January transfer window,has suddenly taken on a whole new level.

Nelsen sounds shocked and gutted on SSN right now.

He's clearly worried about his own future as all the current crop should be, it could just be the best thing to happen to us in the long run.

We've survived the Hughes and Ince era's, we'll get over this and with a few million in our back pocket we should hopefully be going places again.

Exciting times ahead either way, all the best Sam and thanks for your good work.

After thinking about this for a while since my initial post the writing was on the wall I think. At the end of the day Sam was a great manager for a club with little ambition and very limited resources. To all extents and purposes this was the old Blackburn Rovers (some may argue a better Blackburn Rovers, but only time will tell on that front) under the guidance of the Walker Trust.

At the end of the day the new owners see the future differently and are approaching it with the ambition that we've been lacking for years now, and love him or hate him Allardyce was never going to fit in with their plans and ambitions for the future. He's simply not that type of manager.

The timing is a concern but hopefully things will work out. Lets just hope we've got some great times ahead, maybe we can actually look forward to some excitement again.

Shocked and stunned and stand back in amazement.

I've never been a fan of Big Sam, but if he was looking at a winger, a schemer and a striker then that sounds to me like he wanted to play attacking, fast paced and interesting football. Sadly he never got chance to let that materialise. He got us out of the doldrums 2 years ago and i'm afraid it's bad timing.

It's quite clear to see this lot want a head coach, not a manager.

My thanks go out to Mr. Allardyce.

Not happy at this at all. I think to be honest though everyone's already said the many reasons why this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I will however say one or two positives, despite the fact this sacking worries me greatly, as I feel that at least might offer something new to the discussion:

1. Clearly we have a lot more money to spend than we thought we did, with talk of spending £8-10 million on midfielders and strikers. Although Sam was always the best option we had on a shoestring, I guess this does change the parameters somewhat and Sam's record at big money signings is mixed (not bad, but not great either).

2. It will unite the supporters and maybe we can all get behind whoever comes in - right now we've had a good manager who has unfortunately still divided the supporters in a way Hughes never did.

3. I must say our fans are a lot more reasonable than what seemed to be the case in the last few weeks. The booing at Wolves, the amount of Anti Sam rubbish that was posted; yet when it has come down to it there's a lot more reasonable voices saying what a bad decision this has been.

But it worries me a lot that the model on which our club has been so successful; ie no rash decisions, having JW involved in most of the major decisions (I can't think this will have been the case here) etc is being ripped apart. Yes we'll have more money to spend it seems, but then there's enough clubs who've spent more than us who have been a lot less successful than us over the years. I feel like we're losing some of the things which made me so proud of our club over the last few years.

No doubt multiple forum members will be jumping around in joy at this annoucement. I just hope it isn't a case of not knowing how good you've got it. The new owners made it clear they wanted the team to play "attractive football" and in that sense the announcement might not be such a big suprise, maybe the timing of it is during a part of the season where we can really kick-on. I await with interest who we've got lined-up to come in (presumably we have somebody lined-up) before I can make a proper judgement on this decision.

For all Big Sam's haters out there he did a great job here and without him I firmly believe we may not even be a Premier League club right now. His style of play was mostly negative and unattractive but it did get the results when we needed them most.

As in yesterday and 2 weeks ago at Old Trafford.

I've never been a fan of Big Sam, but if he was looking at a winger, a schemer and a striker then that sounds to me like he wanted to play attacking, fast paced and interesting football.

Too little, too late. How long have this team desperately needed an attacking midfielder/playmaker? Sam was too busy bringing in 8foot basketball players and 300 right-backs.

Archived