BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could honestly see Sven getting the job ( i imagine Vinjay's head would explode ) like him or not he has got the worldwide profile Venky's are looking for , maybe Shearer might come as no2

Rijkarrd would be a great option, but im not sure he would be tempted with Rovers. Im sure if he was to try his hand in the PL it would be with one of the bigger clubs.

Jason Robers on Sky Sports News, he sounds delighted Big Sam has gone. Not surprised really.

Jason Roberts did not sound as though he was happy. He said he may not have got on with him, but would not have wanted him sacked.

I would be happy with Hughton and a quick raid of one or two newcastle players at the same time.

i could honestly see Sven getting the job ( i imagine Vinjay's head would explode ) like him or not he has got the worldwide profile Venky's are looking for , maybe Shearer might come as no2

Shearer's managerial skills are suited to a No. 2. ;)

I think I'd stop watching us if we were sacking Big Sam to replace him with somebody like Hughton or Dowie.

Martin Jol is currently the bookies' favourite and I could see it happening, but I'm sure there'll be an 'impact' appointment.

That said, if that appointment is Diego Maradona, our club officially becomes a laughing stock...

Chris Hughton has ruled himself out - Nothing to say he was in running anyway.

@Chris_Hughton - "Before any speculation is started, I would like to rule my self out of the running for the #Blackburn job! It's not for me."

In the spirit of that Tweet,I would like to formally declare my self out of the running for Cheryl Cole's next boyfriend, It's not for me.

Do people actually put money on some of these selections.....Megson!?!?!? INCE!?!?! ALEX FERGUSON!?!?PHIL BROWN!?!? Give me a break.

Well i'm quite upset to see him go because it seems to me like a lot of hard work down the drain. He has his critics but nobody can argue with our league finish last year and current position given our resources. Not to mention some excellent youth he has given chances to.

Good luck Sam and thanks.

Now...they sacked him because they want attractive football and obviously don't trust him to spend their money.

For me it's a simple solution....Ian Holloway

The guy plays attacking football, players and fans love him. The respect he has from players at Blackpool and everywhere else in the game is immense. He is getting paid pittance and Blackpool and is working for a total tight fisted clown in Oyston. Holloway knows he is gonna lose his players next year because Oyston wont budge on wages....he wouldn't even buy under soil heating! I'm sure Holloway would come. It's his big opportunity and he has earned it....will probably bring Adam and Vaughn with him aswell. Reminds me of the Coyle situation last year

Martin O'Neill, Martin Jol and Chris Haughton would be the standout names for me. Martin O'Neill would be my first choice, but I don't see him being a yes man to the owners and this Kentaro group who seem to be running the show. Can't believe the timing of this.

The guy plays attacking football, players and fans love him. The respect he has from players at Blackpool and everywhere else in the game is immense. He is getting paid pittance and Blackpool and is working for a total tight fisted clown in Oyston. Holloway knows he is gonna lose his players next year because Oyston wont budge on wages....he wouldn't even buy under soil heating! I'm sure Holloway would come. It's his big opportunity and he has earned it....will probably bring Adam and Vaughn with him aswell. Reminds me of the Coyle situation last year

And what if Holloway is yet another one-minute wonder? I remember Phil Brown received similar plaudits when Hull hit the PL scene. Now look at both parties. I think Holloway is a gamble that we can't afford to take. Holloway has shown he can lead a group of underdogs like Blackpool, but what about an established PL club with ambitious owners looking for high-profile players? He'll be out of his league.

Archived