BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

And what if Holloway is yet another one-minute wonder? I remember Phil Brown received similar plaudits when Hull hit the PL scene. Now look at both parties. I think Holloway is a gamble that we can't afford to take. Holloway has shown he can lead a group of underdogs like Blackpool, but what about an established PL club with ambitious owners looking for high-profile players? He'll be out of his league.

How is he a one minute wonder? Blackpool wasn't his first job mate just because they weren't premiership clubs doesn't mean they were easy jobs.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Beckham, player Manager role, you heard it here first :rolleyes:

Sven wouldnt be a bad option, we did try and bring him once before many moons ago. He could certainly attract high profile players, someone like Hughton will struggle in that department.

Megson, that will never happen

An inexperienced appointment such as Tugay or Shearer would be a disaster, however much of a legend either man was at Ewood.

I'm certain that we'll be seeing an established 'name' taking over our club. I would find it incredulous if the Venky boys sacked the established Sam to replace him with someone seen as a risk. I also wouldn't be surprised at all to see a quick appointment, what with the sudden nature of the sacking. This one reeks of Kentaro whispering tales of exciting football into the Rao's ears to suit their own agenda i.e. a Kentaro "yes" man. I just pray it isn't Sven. He'd be off at the drop af a bra.

Of the name's listed, I guess Jol is the one to jump out as being a positive move at this stage.

How is Chris Houghton a stand-out name?

Look at how he turned newcastle around. He got them promoted, Rovers may have beat newcastle, but newcastle stuck 6 pass villa, 5 pass sunderland, beat chelsea. He has man managed players like Barton, carrol. nolan. I would want Rovers to go for hughton and try and get carrol from newcastle as well.

It all depends on these plans the Venky's have. Until we know what they are, I hold judgement.

Did you watch them at the weekend?? AWFUL

To be fair no I didn't see it I've been to busy watching Sams awfull football.

Laudrups teams have a reputation for playing attractive football and this season he has managed draws against Real Madrid and Barca

Hold on. Hughton took charge of a Newcastle team that SHOULD have been promoted. It's not like he got Blackpool or even Wolves promoted or a team that no one expected to do well. Even this season their squad isn't that bad and it isn't surprising that they aren't rooted to the bottom. He didn't deserve the sack, but I wouldn't like to see him here.

Always liked Jol. Thought he did well in the transfer market and combined good football with building solid teams. Every Spurs fan that I know loved the guy and they all say that they would take him back in a shot.

Whilst Spurs fans did like Jol they also had doubts over him managing difficult characters - he is apparently a nice guy however also a lot of money was spent during his time at Spurs.

I would not be getting too carried away with his potential appointment.

Archived