BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Houghton is the best we can do Id rather have Sparky back!!! He did a great job here & only left cause we had no money to spend!! Still knows most of the players & should be able to have an instant impact!!

I hope that this is a well thought out decision & if so I should think that they already know who they will put in place!!

If we end up with someone like Houghton or Megson I think it says alot!!!

Keeeeeeeegan!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My choice would McClaren or Jol!!! Maybe Hoddle but not O'Neill tho!!!

Shearer could be possible option with a experience Number 2 like Steve Clarke!!! If Shearer was manager he would want full control over transfers and be the main man at the club!!! so can't see that happening tbh. BUT HIS APPOINTMENT WOULD PLEASED MOST FANS BECAUSE HE IS A ROVERS LEGEND AND HERO!!!!!

Shocking decision to get rid of sam but whoever comes in I hope they keep up his good work in bringing the youngsters through into the first team squad personal choice would be Jol experience in europe and premiership or Bilic bit of a gamble but could get the best out of Kalanic. If we go for someone like Houghton or Curbishley I can only see this as a backwards step

Bet Roy Keane would be pleased about that!

Not:-

McLaren

O'Neill

Hoddle

Souness

Megson

Sven

Zola

O'Leary

Jones

Dalglish

Holloway

Hughton

Shearer

Curbishley!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would take the following

- di Matteo (highly unlikely)

- Jol

- Lambert

- Poyet

How about Henk ten Caat, whatever happened to him?!

Just get Guus Hiddink in, problem solved.

Seriously though, no way are Venky's stupid enough to sack Sam for a rookie or someone with a lower profile than him.

And Sam is quite a well-known guy.

I have a feeling it's Svennis, not sure if I like it though.

Just occured to me that sacking Big Sam means he's almost bound to go one of the bottom teams. Who's betting against him keeping whoever it is up ? Maybe at our expense. It also occured to me that we were getting in first before a few more Premier League managers get the chop, at least we get first pick this way. As for candidates- Shearer ! You've got to be kidding, he showed nothing at Newcastle, they went down without a whimper. We'd be better of with Grayson at Leeds or Keith Hill at Rochdale if we want an ex-Rover, which I don't. Martin Jol is probably the stand out candidate at the moment. I'm not sure the Holloway magic would work at a club like ours but he's doing a great job for Blackpool.

Archived