BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goodbye Sam - message to Venkys

jim mk2

Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?  

1. 1. Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?

• Yes, we need better if we are to progress
    • No, realistically he's as good as it gets and was doing ok
    • Maybe, I'm not sure, but I believe the club know what they are doing.
    • Other

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree Jim,

people can say what they want about Big Sams playing style, this was way too early.

This is not the Rovers way of dealing with managers.

And this is absolutely not the behaviour of The Club Jack Built!

Of course I'm curious of who the next guy will be, but I'm ashamed today and feel sorry for Sam.

There's only one Jack Walker, and you just proved that to be correct, Venky

Completely agree Jim,

people can say what they want about Big Sams playing style, this was way too early.

This is not the Rovers way of dealing with managers.

And this is absolutely not the behaviour of The Club Jack Built!

Of course I'm curious of who the next guy will be, but I'm ashamed today and feel sorry for Sam.

There's only one Jack Walker, and you just proved that to be correct, Venky

Someone said earlier that Jack Walker did something very similar when he appointed Kenny. Is that the case or not?

I'm appalled by Venkys. Sam has been at the club 2 years, has the respect of the players, took us to a top half finish and a decent cup run on no money, caused the big boys to sweat (especially at home) one more than one occassion, and saved the club from relegation. In every rational sense he was a succesful manager.

He deserved a hell of a lot better. Next time owners talk out of their rear about loyalty, I'll have a laugh.

And if they wanted a new manager, why couldn't they have been professional about it? Quietly cut a deal with Sam and whomever they want to be the new manager, and then "promote" Sam the first day of January to the director of football, chief scout, or head of the youth academy (for which he's done wonders)? We have some important games over the next several weeks and the squad does NOT need the instability they've created.

I hope Sam gets the England job. I suspect that he'd be magnificent in the role. Better, if and when Bradley steps down, I hope the powers that be hire Sam to manage the USA national team.

at least these ###### could have told him after the Bolton game, or given him a few more games. 4 wins in our last 7 games aint bad. Thanks for everything Sam

at least these ###### could have told him after the Bolton game, or given him a few more games. 4 wins in our last 7 games aint bad. Thanks for everything Sam

I have to agree with most ppl on here I'm really ashamed right Now to be a rovers fan over this sacking. I don't feel it was deservered what so ever. I don't know who they have in mind to replace Big Sam but it better be someone good or were screwed. I really wish they would have waited till the end of the season before throwing the club in chaos as I'm sure all of this will show in the pitch come game time. Thank you Big Sam for everything you did for us and best of luck and best wishs on your next appointment.

Someone said earlier that Jack Walker did something very similar when he appointed Kenny. Is that the case or not?

If the chicken farmers have lined up a new manager that actually wins us the league in a couple of years as JW/KD did I will of course be the first to admit I was wrong.

A big difference between then and now is how much further JW was able to get us following his takeover compared to today (already established top half team in the top division, the crazy monies needed to have a crack at the top is way more than Venkys can afford, etc)

That said, you are of course right in saying that JW actually did something similar. I just don't think the two situations can be compared

The mainstay of this club over the last decade or so has been John Williams. I cannot for the life of me believe he would have let things happen the way they have had Venky's not got a more than suitable replacement lined up.

If JW resigns tomorrow, then I will feel we're screwed :lol: , until then onward and upwards.

I do worry about the future for us. People are saying Jol but he, like a lot of the other names being mentioned, would not be an improvement for me.

The timing too, we are about to enter a period of a lot of games in a short period of time, risky to expect a new manager to come in and hit the ground running.

I am disgusted by our "New Owners" actions, Today has confirmed what I was dreading...........They are clueless! Why sack Sam now? The league is dangerously tight and we are no way near safe yet! Big Sam had his knockers but he has spent pittance and pulled off some top results finishing higher than teams like West Ham ,Sunderland, Newcastle, Birmingham, Bolton etc who have all spent alot more than us!

will this come back to haunt us? :unsure: I think so!

Don Mckay had done a great job on a limited budget, but was sacked and replaced with Dalglish when Jack and the money arrived. Lets hope this one turns out as well.

Don McKay was given every chance by Jack but unfortunately the Linekar debacle forced his hand. We needed to have a manager who commanded respect from the press and media and his fellow professionals. This morning we had that.

Don Mckay had done a great job on a limited budget, but was sacked and replaced with Dalglish when Jack and the money arrived. Lets hope this one turns out as well.

Before Don got the sack he'd try to buy Lineker only for the media * who can forget Baddiel and Skinner spoofing about Beckenbaur * to mock us.

Dalglish was brought in to raise the profile and convince everyone that we were serious.

In today's market, Venkys would need £100m+ and I've seen no evidence of that.

It smacks more of a clash of ego's between Anderson and Allardyce than a plan.

I do worry about the future for us. People are saying Jol but he, like a lot of the other names being mentioned, would not be an improvement for me.

The timing too, we are about to enter a period of a lot of games in a short period of time, risky to expect a new manager to come in and hit the ground running.

You forgot about the new manager syndrome

We needed to have a manager who commanded respect from the press and media and his fellow professionals. This morning we had that.

Come off it. Whether you agree with his tactics or not, he was an arrogant toss pot off the pitch. Looking for anyone to blame but himself. Read any post match interview in which we lost. It was the striker's fault, it was the defence's fault. Then read interviews from after we've won and it was all him.

He is seen by the media as a joke, Fergie's little bum chum. Stupid comments about him being good enough to manage anyone. And every fan but some of ours, hates him. Go out, ask them.

Sweeping generalisations aside, he was a manager who probably, marginally got more out of us than we got out of him. We were on the ropes, he was on the ropes but he's probably going to come off better from this saga by playing the martyr. C'est la vie.

I missed the message to Venkys bit. Is it too late to say "get the f*** out of our football club"?

They said we would see changes a month after taking over - well they have changed things.

Your comments about the venky's getting out of our club, pathetic, too early to make such a stance.

Come off it. Whether you agree with his tactics or not, he was an arrogant toss pot off the pitch. Looking for anyone to blame but himself. Read any post match interview in which we lost. It was the striker's fault, it was the defence's fault. Then read interviews from after we've won and it was all him.

He is seen by the media as a joke, Fergie's little bum chum. Stupid comments about him being good enough to manage anyone. And every fan but some of ours, hates him. Go out, ask them.

Sweeping generalisations aside, he was a manager who probably, marginally got more out of us than we got out of him. We were on the ropes, he was on the ropes but he's probably going to come off better from this saga by playing the martyr. C'est la vie.

Filed this one away with all the others for the roll call of shame which will be brought out to remind so-called fans of their stupidity when the dismissal of Sam comes back to haunt us.

I'm still wondering about the chairman's role in this. He showed a reluctance to sack Souness before he jumped ship to Newcastle and was slow to bin Ince so I cannot see him being happy with the speed and callousness of this move. Perhaps he's past caring because he's also heading for the exit (voluntarily) soon ?

Archived