BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goodbye Sam - message to Venkys

jim mk2

Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?  

1. 1. Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?

• Yes, we need better if we are to progress
    • No, realistically he's as good as it gets and was doing ok
    • Maybe, I'm not sure, but I believe the club know what they are doing.
    • Other

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sacking Big Sam is not necessarily a bad idea, but the timing is terrible. It only makes sense to destabilize the season if we're going to appoint a brilliant manager and sign 5 or 6 high quality players in January. I don't get the impression that the money will be spent to make up for the possibility of massive deterioration of the season. I conclude that this will most likely prove to have been a bad idea.

Big Sam is a solid, mid-table obscurity kind of guy. He came here and, all things considered, did a damn good job. I am very thankful for that, while acknowledging that we're not going to progress very much under his management. But, it'd be better for BRFC if he saw out the season, IMO. We will not progress this season, and, again, I'm afraid of serious regression.

Friends don't ask friends to take a dive, or lighten the damage. Warriors go at it, friends or not. Afterwards they can clean up the blood and go for a drink.

That's nice, but whether he wanted to or not, Fergie needs to realize that he played a notable part in his friend getting sacked.

That's nice, but whether he wanted to or not, Fergie needs to realize that he played a notable part in his friend getting sacked.

Management is a man's game. I think they both knew that going in, so I doubt they have any hard feelings or reservations.

You simply should not discuss transfer issues with a sports agency without consulting your club people first. Everyone knows the agencies interest and motivation is in the sale and transfer of players. The agencies have no interest in the club.

We know this is Venkys first venture into English Football. They know nothing about owning and running a football team. If they decide to listen to a sports agency before they listen to the club's people then the likely outcome is that the owners will make money, Kentaro will make money and Blackburn Rovers will simply be a conduit for this to happen.

We were sold at a steal to a business that has never owned a football club and one of the first things they decided to do was to listen to the one group of people in the game that is purely in it for the money.

Big Business is killing our football team. I am at a loss as what I can do about it. I feel helpless, let down, utterly disappointed and most of all, embarrassed that this has happened to us and we're letting it happen.

Thanks Sam, I'm sorry this has happened to you again, you don't deserve it. You'll have my support, wherever you go.

Diabolical what is happening to our club.

I look forward to the day when Venkys tenure is over.

May it be soon.

We'll be a shambles and somewhere in the lower leagues, if we're lucky, by the time that day comes.

I suspect that there's going to be a lot of money greasing wheels and no actual wheels turning at the club for the forseeable future.

People have been saying that a higher profile club will go pop one of these days. I think that the High Court would have no qualms about wrapping us up.

He did but remember Jack was a local man not a foreigner. Dont underestimate the racial and xenophobic undertones to alot of the anti Venkys crowd.

It's not where they're from or the colour of their skin, but what they do that will dictate their standing amongst the fans.

If they now go on to appoint a "big name" and give him wads to spend in January then the nature of Allardyce going will eventually be forgotten.

However, to play the race card when a manager has been sacked when he had done no wrong is a bit sad. Och Aye Don Mackay went because he tried and failed to sign Newell and Lineker. Jack decided he needed a big name to get big names.

Allardyce wasn't really given a chance. I wasn't his greatest fan by a long stretch, but he deserved to go through until the end of the season.

You simply should not discuss transfer issues with a sports agency without consulting your club people first. Everyone knows the agencies interest and motivation is in the sale and transfer of players. The agencies have no interest in the club.

We know this is Venkys first venture into English Football. They know nothing about owning and running a football team. If they decide to listen to a sports agency before they listen to the club's people then the likely outcome is that the owners will make money, Kentaro will make money and Blackburn Rovers will simply be a conduit for this to happen.

We were sold at a steal to a business that has never owned a football club and one of the first things they decided to do was to listen to the one group of people in the game that is purely in it for the money.

Big Business is killing our football team. I am at a loss as what I can do about it. I feel helpless, let down, utterly disappointed and most of all, embarrassed that this has happened to us and we're letting it happen.

Thanks Sam, I'm sorry this has happened to you again, you don't deserve it. You'll have my support, wherever you go.

Totally correct so far as I am concerned.

Never mind what these people are doing to our club, this is rank bad business practice by the Rao family.

Don't talk nonsense jim. Sam has no recourse for wrongful dismissal unless the Club fail to pay off his correct contractual notice entitlement.

As you well know I suspect.

He might have a technical case for unfair dismissal but any compensation due would be completely insignificant to a man of his wealth - he must have earned well over 4m pounds from his 2 year stint at Rovers alone.

Do you support Blackburn Rovers Football Club or Sam Allardyce?

That is a question one or two on here should be asking themselves this morning. As I said before gutted for Sam. But it has been done, there is no going back. Onwards and upwards. What is important is getting behind the players V whu on saturday. A new manager syndrome may be beneficial for Rovers over christmas.

They must have mentioned their plans when going through the fit and proper test (venky's) with the prem. They must have mentioned the Kentaro involvement. Which must mean it is acceptable by the prem.

Fans like or dislike of things to do with football, has not mattered for a long time. Players lost the reality of life ages ago, so have owners, managers, agents. Did not a player say recently that a nurse should be on footballers wages? That player should be told that football players should be on nurse's pay scale. Will that ever happen/ Never.

Football is about business and it has been for years. A successful football club is one with the best business plan.

The Venky's Board has given assurances to BRFCI that Venky's:

(a) will commit funds on a consistent and systematic basis to future transfer and/or loan activity;

(B ) intends to continue to support the existing management team and staff, and that it is committed to

the future development of, and investment in, the Club’s academy and youth infrastructure;

© will continue to support, promote and extend the Club’s local community and CSR activities (VH

and its subsidiaries have their own trust engaged in significant charitable work);

(d) will seek to extend the Blackburn Rovers name and brand into India, the rest of south-east Asia

and beyond;

(e) will seek to develop and improve commercial performance across sponsorship, the Club's kit deal

and general merchandising activity;

(f) will seek to enhance the fan experience at Ewood Park itself on match days (and non match

days) and to maximise season ticket sales and any remaining match day ticket sales;

and

(g) intends to improve the Club’s media platforms (for example the Club's TV channel) and to

become more active in the social media space)

These were the assurances given by Venky's in the official offer for the club...

Maybe you should care more about your club than building a stock pile to potentially gloat with.

Jim's more interested in being proven right than the welfare of the club. Some kind of Rovers fan eh?

Managers come and go but Rovers have and always will be there (hopefully). The point is, I was a strong supporter of Sam Allardyce because in the present financial climate I believe he was (and is) the best man for the job. Looking at the candidates to replace him I cannot see any of them doing a better job and the mooted £5 - £10m that the new man will have to spend in the transfer window is not going to make that much difference. Of far greater importance is the effect on the players of Sam's departure - to judge from their reactions yesterday they are dismayed as anyone at his sacking and how they perform on Saturday should be interesting to say the least. So to answer your question, I supported Sam Allardyce because I think he did and would have continued to do a very good job for Rovers.

Archived