BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Venky's a chance...

I have only just got home from work so I might have missed any important facts which have come out from Venkys and the club in the last few hours so apologies if that is the case.

Venky's are our new owners. They've decided to get rid of our manager because they want to bring better quality football as well as having the ambition to get us to the top 4 or 5 in the league. Why are people so against this without seeing what happens first?

I'm a big fan of Big Sam, not just as a manager but also as a person. Of course the way he suddenly went wasn't great and it was a shock to everyone in football but if he wasn't the man they wanted to lead Blackburn in this new era then what else could they have done? Left him in the job and spent their money in the transfer window and then sack him?

We have a very important transfer window coming up. I think it was a few years ago around this time when Big Sam came into the job and after a successful transfer window, he managed to help Blackburn avoid relegation. We could get a new manager in, bring in some great signings and end battling for a chance to play in Europe.

Of course we don't know what will happen and at the moment we are all guessing what will happen, with rumours flying about everywhere, but I really think it's important to remain calm and wait until we see what happens regarding a new manager and what happens over the transfer window.

Our owners want to bring exciting football to the club. I'm hopeful they will deliver. Under the old regime and Big Sam, we weren't aiming for 4th or 5th. Now that is our overall aim. Exciting times could be in front of us. Let's get behind the club and give them a chance.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hardly get to watch Rovers anymore anyway unless it is on Arsenal or Liverpool TV, the ocst of pay TV over here is just getting ridiculous, so TBH it won;t matter one way or the other if we are relegated.

I say let's roll the dice and see how high or low we can go.

we should start to do some self assesement for a start

1) we are not a big club, we are not generally supported around the globe

2) we do not have a squad of stars to begin with

3) we are currently lying not too much above relegation zone

4) we are not loved by the media

5) we do not have a beautiful reputation to begin with

6) Unfilled stadium

So what do the Venky do?

1) They anger the fans

2) They broke their initial promise

3) They showcase their stupidity through various avenues

4) They sack the Manager WITHOUT a replacement

5) They tell the world that they part ways with the manager due to different vision moving forward - just before many many crucial fixtures

6) They seek advice from bloodsuckers, and may even hand the transfer dealings solely to an agency which had clear conflict of intrest with the club.

7) They show no respect to the current management

8) They have ZERO concrete plans communicated to the public

9) They show no respect to the fans and public with their interviews - naive goals for the club, crazy excuses , basically making statements without preparation (do they take us for chickens they had, back in india? - not questioning the logic behind the slaughter?)

10) Showed no improvement in their knowledge of the game and the league itself

And what do Venky have?

1) Transfer budget not comparable to the top 5 Club

2) A incompetent PR team

3) a horde of angry fans, subordinates and probably even players

4) KENTARO

5) an unproven PL coach leading the team for the next few months

6) Chickens.... many many many chickens

So finally the target

1) Top 5 finish with champions league qualification ( which was previously top 10 and europe qualification )

2) Exciting football to be played immediately

3) global recognition ( yeah maybe - we are a global laughing stock now)

So what should the fans do?

1) Give them a chance

2) "my club is in safe hands"

3) "Great times ahead!"

4) "i m excited with maradona!"

i am not against the sacking of SAM ( never been a fan of him ) but ..........

Mike Ashley is a saint compared with our new owners (at least he do not have unknown ulterior motives)..... and just last week i was laughing at the plight newcastle is in.... what goes around comes around, it seems.

we should start to do some self assesement for a start

1) we are not a big club, we are not generally supported around the globe

2) we do not have a squad of stars to begin with

3) we are currently lying not too much above relegation zone

4) we are not loved by the media

5) we do not have a beautiful reputation to begin with

6) Unfilled stadium

So what do the Venky do?

1) They anger the fans

2) They broke their initial promise

3) They showcase their stupidity through various avenues

4) They sack the Manager WITHOUT a replacement

5) They tell the world that they part ways with the manager due to different vision moving forward - just before many many crucial fixtures

6) They seek advice from bloodsuckers, and may even hand the transfer dealings solely to an agency which had clear conflict of intrest with the club.

7) They show no respect to the current management

8) They have ZERO concrete plans communicated to the public

9) They show no respect to the fans and public with their interviews - naive goals for the club, crazy excuses , basically making statements without preparation (do they take us for chickens they had, back in india? - not questioning the logic behind the slaughter?)

10) Showed no improvement in their knowledge of the game and the league itself

And what do Venky have?

1) Transfer budget not comparable to the top 5 Club

2) A incompetent PR team

3) a horde of angry fans, subordinates and probably even players

4) KENTARO

5) an unproven PL coach leading the team for the next few months

6) Chickens.... many many many chickens

So finally the target

1) Top 5 finish with champions league qualification ( which was previously top 10 and europe qualification )

2) Exciting football to be played immediately

3) global recognition ( yeah maybe - we are a global laughing stock now)

So what should the fans do?

1) Give them a chance

2) "my club is in safe hands"

3) "Great times ahead!"

4) "i m excited with maradona!"

i am not against the sacking of SAM ( never been a fan of him ) but ..........

Mike Ashley is a saint compared with our new owners (at least he do not have unknown ulterior motives)..... and just last week i was laughing at the plight newcastle is in.... what goes around comes around, it seems.

You must be privy to the plans the new owners have. Until we know more, I suggest we wait awhile until we start the condemn them post. At this moment all they have done is remove a manager they consider not suitable for their plans. Now we wait to hear those plans.

I cant believe there are people on this board who are saying give venkys a chance. They are completely clueless and are destroying the club. I was against this takeover from the start, and I said they would ruin our club. RIP BRFC

you have hardly been proven right, all they have done is sack probably the most unpopular manager in the league. I listened to talksport yesterday and West Ham fans were ringing in saying they rather go down then watch Sam's football, idiots but still.

Am I willing tro give very ambitous owners worth 100's of millions a chance, hell yeah

you have hardly been proven right, all they have done is sack probably the most unpopular manager in the league. I listened to talksport yesterday and West Ham fans were ringing in saying they rather go down then watch Sam's football, idiots but still.

Am I willing tro give very ambitous owners worth 100's of millions a chance, hell yeah

Open to debate but whatever they are worth it is certainly not in cash.

Make no mistake, Rovers' future prosperity is totally tied to the business performance of the VH group.

Giving someone a chance is hardly the sentiment shown by the new owners concerning the manager.

Take this as a scenario - 3 mins to go at Bolton , Nelson wins the header against Davies , Dunn lumps it forward and Diouff belts it in the bottom corner.We win 2-1 , we move up to 24 points ,equal with Sunderland and the only teams above us are Man U,Arsenal,City,Chelsea and Spurs.

Do you still sack the manager ?.

Have they really had time to assess the true situation at the club ?

I agree totally with most fans who would demand a more attractive style of football - but lets change things from a position of security - when premiership safety is assured.A poor run of results over xmas/new year would be disasterous .Then who do you blame ? you can't blame the previous management for securing 21 points before xmas -it would be a vey strange situation to be in if failure to stay in the premier league was due to changing the manager for the worse !.

Giving someone a chance is hardly the sentiment shown by the new owners concerning the manager.

Take this as a scenario - 3 mins to go at Bolton , Nelson wins the header against Davies , Dunn lumps it forward and Diouff belts it in the bottom corner.We win 2-1 , we move up to 24 points ,equal with Sunderland and the only teams above us are Man U,Arsenal,City,Chelsea and Spurs.

No - but they would sack him the next time you lost. It's a similar scenario to Hughton and the Barcodes. Once owners decide it's time to change there's nowt you can do.

All wrong, of course.

I agree totally with most fans who would demand a more attractive style of football - but lets change things from a position of security - when premiership safety is assured.A poor run of results over xmas/new year would be disasterous .Then who do you blame ? you can't blame the previous management for securing 21 points before xmas -it would be a vey strange situation to be in if failure to stay in the premier league was due to changing the manager for the worse !.

although I agree with you on most levels, you need to accept they didn't like him.

I don't think they would have sacked Sam if we had won but they wanted to anyway!!!

And why wait until the West Ham game because if we won it would have been harder again.

Bolton lose was an oppertunity they needed to get him out.

Whether it was yesterday, next week or the month after, he was always going to go, you know that.

They did not like Sam, its their club, new ideas and new era.

Up to now I've had nothing to complain about as even though I feel for Sam his tactics were unbearable. But if its true that mean has been appointed till th end of the season then we really do have clueless owners and we are in trouble. We might as well have kept Sam than use a first team coach who no one has heard of

Without wishing to sound rude that's a case of Aunty, balls uncle etc.

We didn't win 2-1 we lost 2-1 against ten men and tbh made a right horlicks of it once Bolton went down to ten men.

The owners have taken an overall view and whilst I'm currently in the minority it's not a view I'm uncomfortable with given our away record under Sam. I always felt we were a gnat's chuff away from being in serious trouble if our home form took any sort of turn for the worse.

All that said I agree with your last paragraph, I would probably have left him in charge until near the end of the season and not renewed his contract.

It's not my money either though, what's the point in leaving Sam in charge over January and giving him a huge amount of money to waste (?) in January on a lone beanpole type like Crouch or Davies only for a subsequent manager to come in and go in a totally different direction altogether?.

Make no mistake, Rovers' future prosperity is totally tied to the business performance of the VH group.

you are in a win win situation Philipl, if you are right you can say to everyone "I told you so" and if your wrong then you don't mention it and we spend a load of money and everyone is happy.

I'm not saying your right or wrong, but I want to wait and see, if they are stupid enough to think they can get 4th or 5th and higher with 5 million, what makes you think they are not stupid enough to spend £20-30 million on players?

they just spend £46 million on a football club and do they even watch football?

I mean nothing would surprise me at the moment.

all of their comments do not make ANY sense without making a lot of money available.

So my conclusion either they have money to burn or they are dumb as ....

I can't decide but time will tell, but I am hoping they are smart.

Pretty obvious to all now that by this weeks actions, Rovers are purely a secondary vehicle thats been purchased to help promote the main business Venky's to expand its chicken business in the Uk and Europe.

Surely there must be some serious discussions going on with Kentaro about the backlash from the supporters, to the sacking of Allardyce. Kentaro are going to have to pull some really top, top players out of the bag to keep the fans onside from now on, signing your Boyds and Geovanni's of this world wont help their cause one bit.

you are in a win win situation Philipl, if you are right you can say to everyone "I told you so" and if your wrong then you don't mention it and we spend a load of money and everyone is happy.

I'm not saying your right or wrong, but I want to wait and see, if they are stupid enough to think they can get 4th or 5th and higher with 5 million, what makes you think they are not stupid enough to spend £20-30 million on players?

they just spend £46 million on a football club and do they even watch football?

I mean nothing would surprise me at the moment.

all of their comments do not make ANY sense without making a lot of money available.

So my conclusion either they have money to burn or they are dumb as ....

I can't decide but time will tell, but I am hoping they are smart.

Chris what are you wittering about?

I have said they don't have much cash.

Unless you think Maradona will accept payment in chicken shares denominated on the Mumbai Stock Exchange, I have not equivocated at all in my statement.

Whether they have more cash in the future depends pretty entirely on VH Group generating itfor them in the future?

And they have written cheques for £35m if their public statements are correct assuming the £5m they promised within 15 days arrived on time.

I just heard an inteview with one of the co-owners.

The Maradona rumour is just that, they have no interest in him.

Its amazing how public they are, they really are putting on a show.

it was also suggested that Sam was partly sacked due to his negative attitude against big teams.

it was as bit of an unsettling interview, I lost a little trust there.

Archived