BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

Glenn, I've been listening to Sky Sports Radio since this rumour started and they are running nothing. If the site has "pretty solid info" it should be posted on here. There is nothing on the web.

At present this is just devastating rumour. If you have something put it up here. Please.

In fact they've just done the Rovers / Allardyce story again and no mention of JW / TF

sky sports showed the venkys representatives arriving earlier and claimed that they were discussing john williams and tom finns compensation package

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true this is indeed bad news at a time when the Club needs some stability.

However if the situation is as it is being reported and no-one is making John and Tom leave the Club I would feel disappointed in them for walking out at such a delicate stage. They are the ones letting the Club down.

We as supporters will still always be left to pick up the pieces regardless of who the owners, manager, Chairman or Chief Executive are.

It does beg the question of exactly what the hell did the Trustees actually discuss with the Rao's before pocketing their 23m though.

:rock:

sky sports showed the venkys representatives arriving earlier and claimed that they were discussing john williams and tom finns compensation package

If they resigned there would not be compensation. If they were sacked that is a different matter.

Shame we dont have any independant supporters association to make a few comments / arrange protests

Bet Vinjays over the moon now.

In the short lived BRISA era (Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Association) of 2005, which a few of us on here set up- myself, Ste B, Glenn, Paul, preston blue, Den, CN174 (Clare) and others it never got off the ground as we realised that we had no issue with the club and it really did have the best interests of the fans at heart.

NOW is the time for the fans to be organised- if there is a masterplan and Venkys pull it off, fantastic but the fans still need to be heard as the 'family club' of ours is now dead and we need a voice.

Xenophobia has been present with isolated members on this board before, but most people were willing to give Venky's a chance.

I hope that`s not aimed at my good self? :huh:

If you trawl through my posts over the last month or so, you will find i have said very little about the whole take-over saga.

I`ve kept my thoughts to myself & even said "let`s give the new people a chance to prove themselves".

Admittedly they`ve not got off to a good start have they? Sacking a 'proven' premiership manager & then losing the best chairman in the game in a 16hr period isn`t gonna warm them to the fans.

....but they simply must have a plan, mustn`t they? :unsure:

My only hope for the club i`ve supported ALL my life now lies in the hands of Indian businessmen who 'say' they know what they`re doing. Are they gonna pull a rabbit out of the bag & save the day or destroy the club we love?

I am gutted & upset about the last 24hrs, but pray there is a 'master plan' we`re all too dumb to see.

PRAY PEOPLE PRAY......

If they resigned there would not be compensation. If they were sacked that is a different matter.

depends on the notice period Paul. If they resign they are still bound to work their notice unless the employer/owners agree to PILON (pay in lieu of notice). I expect that they will have a 12 month notice period which is normal with someone at their level which therefore means that large (to us !!) figures are involved.

we could always ask the Riversiders to leave say 5 minutes early to show their disgust. That will look good on the telly.

Gallows humour at its best :tu::lol:

depends on the notice period Paul. If they resign they are still bound to work their notice unless the employer/owners agree to PILON (pay in lieu of notice). I expect that they will have a 12 month notice period which is normal with someone at their level which therefore means that large (to us !!) figures are involved.

True hadn't thought of that

• Backroom

Just gutted if true, I expected it but still this is a million times worse than Sam going.

In honesty I always thought John would eventually step down when the new owners came in but this could be terminal to the club.

Please join the group " John Williams is the heart of Blackburn Rovers! " on Facebook to show that we want him to stay! Lets get many members!!

He can't stay! There is no point in him staying within the club when he has no ability to control any aspect of the running of it. All it would serve is to make him look worse and he won't put up with that. JW has something that Venky's don't, Integrity! I would rather have him running the club than Mrs Desai and her morons.

What, after they've just sacked a perfectly decent manager because they want to foist all sorts of rubbish players on their books onto our payroll?!

Its all based on rumours TGM. Yes they sacked Sam, but many on this board would done the same if they bought the club. Just look at the video at skyports.com. Actually quite a few Rovers fans agreed with the sacking.

What's the point. Even if 20,000 Rovers supporters shout support on Saturday for the old regime, it will NOT make a darned difference.

True. But it makes a statement, especially as the media will dive onto this. And in the end, a club without fans, isn't a club.

Its all based on rumours TGM. Yes they sacked Sam, but many on this board would done the same if they bought the club. Just look at the video at skyports.com. Actually quite a few Rovers fans agreed with the sacking.

"Rumours" which were anticipated weeks ago by nicko and which have been reported by numerous media outlets.

Obviously a few Rovers fans agreed with the sacking, thats because some of our fans are idiots.

Sky Sports News understands that JW is at Ewood now negotiating the terms of his departure as he's said to be 'unhappy with the direction the club is taking' ....

"Rumours" which were anticipated weeks ago by nicko and which have been reported by numerous media outlets.

Obviously a few Rovers fans agreed with the sacking, thats because some of our fans are idiots.

Sacking Sam isn't a bad decision at all, although the timing is suspect. If Martin Jol were to come in then no-one could argue that isn't a positive, upward move.

However, JW leaving is a far, far bigger blow, and that coupled with the rumoured list of players is what people should REALLY be worried about.

Sky Sports News understands that JW is at Ewood now negotiating the terms of his departure as he's said to be 'unhappy with the direction the club is taking' ....

Makes you wonder why he wasn't necessarily so unhappy when the Trust were running the Club into the ground but still.

We were here long before John Williams and we'll be here long after.

I'm still unclear as to why Tom and John want to walk out. Subject to appointing the right sort of replacement there are many compelling footballing reasons both for and against the retention of Allardyce imo.

However, JW leaving is a far, far bigger blow and what people should REALLY be worried about.

"unhappy" is an under-statement.

Such a tragedy that it was the messengers who were getting shot at when we were saying this was what was going to happen with Kentaro being involved.

Archived