BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"unhappy" is an under-statement.

Such a tragedy that it was the messengers who were getting shot at when we were saying this was what was going to happen with Kentaro being involved.

Philip, even if 500 people on this board barraged you with abuse for what you and a few others were saying, it doesnt make a difference as the key people who should have been open-eyed were the people that took the decision to sell the club to the new owners.

What was done was done.

Shame we dont have any independant supporters association to make a few comments / arrange protests

Bet Vinjays over the moon now.

We do have the Fans Forum Ste and we're both on it. It's not the same as BRISA and it might not be the right body to organise any protests but I'm quite happy to prepare a statement from the Forum as and when the situation is officially confirmed if other members agree. I will contact Forum members by the usual route but would welcome any comments from people on here as well.

Is BRISA dead or merely sleeping? I know there were some funds sitting around from the memberships that were taken but were they given away?

True. But it makes a statement, especially as the media will dive onto this. And in the end, a club without fans, isn't a club.

Er I hope that this is not what you want.

We support the club. We may not like the choices made, but the club comes before any individual.

"unhappy" is an under-statement.

Such a tragedy that it was the messengers who were getting shot at when we were saying this was what was going to happen with Kentaro being involved.

You changed your position more times than Jenna Jameson.

The "messengers" weren't getting "shot" at for having concerns about agents running our club which is something a lot of us were concerned about, they were getting "shot" at for trying to make inferences based on the owners' body language and sitting position.

We do have the Fans Forum Ste and we're both on it. It's not the same as BRISA and it might not be the right body to organise any protests but I'm quite happy to prepare a statement from the Forum as and when the situation is officially confirmed if other members agree. I will contact Forum members by the usual route but would welcome any comments from people on here as well.

Is BRISA dead or merely sleeping? I know there were some funds sitting around from the memberships that were taken but were they given away?

I wouldn't be too suprised if the Fans Forum ceases, the way things are going.

The "messengers" weren't getting "shot" at for having concerns about agents running our club which is something a lot of us were concerned about, they were getting "shot" at for trying to make inferences based on the owners' body language and sitting position.

Fair enough, but what was the end result ultimately? :blush:

Smart people allow themselves the flexibility to change positions and opinions based on NEW information and facts that transpire. However, stubborn robots will always believe and follow the line that is leading them towards something that they themselves are too ignorant to think about. Those above us are not necessarily "gods".

Sky Sports News understands that JW is at Ewood now negotiating the terms of his departure as he's said to be 'unhappy with the direction the club is taking' ....

Sacking Sam isn't a bad decision at all, although the timing is suspect. If Martin Jol were to come in then no-one could argue that isn't a positive, upward move.

However, JW leaving is a far, far bigger blow, and that coupled with the rumoured list of players is what people should REALLY be worried about.

Now if there are negotiations still going on with JW. People who can should get down to Ewood now and chant his name. As he hasn't gone yet, there is still hope.

Er I hope that this is not what you want.

We support the club. We may not like the choices made, but the club comes before any individual.

True. But it was meant to say: If the chicken-lovers notice that the fans don't agree with what's going on at the moment (and I think the general opinion is we don't agree), they must realise that they can't do anything without the fans. Saturday is the day that a lot of media will be focussed on Rovers, and as real football-fans, we can make a 'silent protest'. And YES, the club comes before any individual. But a few individuals are doing some strange things with our club at the moment...

True but the way philip puts it, everyone else was saying Kentaro/Venky's were going to be great and him and a few others were the sole ones saying they were going to be terrible.

He initially was a doomsayer, then when the takeover actually happened he brought his opinion into line with everyone elses'

He also told us to "trust the trust". Fat lot of good that wouldve done.

I am sure whatever he has done or said has been in good faith. He has no personal gains or losses to make out of anything, so an agenda for a supporter on a messageboard is an unfair criticism.

Doesnt change the reality. Nothing can be done now. The future is Venkys.

That may well happen but there's nothing to stop the Forum speaking out now.

John, as a member of the forum, I think we may well have held our last meeting. I just feel numb and sick. If there is anything you think we can resonably do count me in.

I think you will find that messengers who said that they had very grave concerns for this takeover, were getting told they were negative, to stop what they were posting etc. The inferences about body language, seating positions were based on other knowledge received and heard about from the takeover negotiations. Knowledge some posters heard when put together with body language, but not on its own. Made some on here concerned about what was to happen to Rovers.

If you have never studied body language it can be hard to explain it on a message board. I think what the poster was doing at the time was letting us know that things were not as rosy as some may have thought, about the takeover.

brfcs news portal now saying this is believed to be untrue

Multiple sources, including Sky are claiming that John Williams and Tom Finn have resigned. It is thought that the sacking off Sam Allardyce has prompted them to leave the club.

Edit. Sources inside the club are now reporting that this ISN'T true. So it may be a case of the mainstream sports media getting it wrong.

More on this breaking story as we get it.

John, as a member of the forum, I think we may well have held our last meeting. I just feel numb and sick. If there is anything you think we can resonably do count me in.

Well, we can either go quietly or shouting. The fact that we are (at the moment at least) an official body, should get us some media coverage. I've emailed you Neil.

The worst two days this football club has experienced whilst being a premier league team. Iam so utterly disgusted with how the owners have treated the management of this club. Absolutely appalling.

We were not in trouble and were about to enter the busiest period of the season.

Only last week were we all laughing at Mike Ashley and Newcastle.

How stupid must we feel now.

They have ripped the heart out of the club. We are a joke.

True. But it was meant to say: If the chicken-lovers notice that the fans don't agree with what's going on at the moment (and I think the general opinion is we don't agree), they must realise that they can't do anything without the fans. Saturday is the day that a lot of media will be focussed on Rovers, and as real football-fans, we can make a 'silent protest'. And YES, the club comes before any individual. But a few individuals are doing some strange things with our club at the moment...

Us the fans (where ever we may be) aren't as relevant anymore to football clubs for generating revenue, in fact most clubs could probably exist without the gate money truth be known, the Skys and ESPN's of this World are the cash cow, we are secondary and surely this is the mindset that Venkys and Kentaro are in...

Think about it, why should they be concerned what twenty odd thousand "local" fans of the team think when they have the possibility to have over a million on India's shores alone to capitalise on, without any of them crossing the threshold of Ewood Park ever.

I am not saying I agree with their business plans, models or thoughts, but if I was a ruthless, cut throat business man I honestly wouldn't give a toss what the fans thought.

Philip you covered every angle including being happy with the takeover and the VH plans for the club. However you were consistent about Jerome Anderson.

We are in for a battle now alright and Geovanni and Boyd aint gonna save us.

brfcs news portal now saying this is believed to be untrue

Multiple sources, including Sky are claiming that John Williams and Tom Finn have resigned. It is thought that the sacking off Sam Allardyce has prompted them to leave the club.

Edit. Sources inside the club are now reporting that this ISN'T true. So it may be a case of the mainstream sports media getting it wrong.

More on this breaking story as we get it.

Hope it is true.

As I said it was only based on rumours and I am very surprised by some of the respected and very nice poeple on this board and their behaviour towards this event.

Archived