BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams and Tom Finn going? (SSN believes so, BRFCS.COM believes otherwise))

Sky Sports News understands that JW is at Ewood now negotiating the terms of his departure as he's said to be 'unhappy with the direction the club is taking' ....

Sacking Sam isn't a bad decision at all, although the timing is suspect. If Martin Jol were to come in then no-one could argue that isn't a positive, upward move.

However, JW leaving is a far, far bigger blow, and that coupled with the rumoured list of players is what people should REALLY be worried about.

You too are consistent-----consistently wrong.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. But it was meant to say: If the chicken-lovers notice that the fans don't agree with what's going on at the moment (and I think the general opinion is we don't agree), they must realise that they can't do anything without the fans. Saturday is the day that a lot of media will be focussed on Rovers, and as real football-fans, we can make a 'silent protest'. And YES, the club comes before any individual. But a few individuals are doing some strange things with our club at the moment...

Because I love the club, I am trying to be as positive as possible. Sam / JW etc did good for Rovers. But now a new era has started and I think we first need to endure the pain of what is happening now. We all scream when in pain. But also wait and see what happens next, what the plans are of the new owners. thankfully it is only tuesday and not saturday. I think india is 5 hours in time ahead of us. I hope we hear more of the plans for Rovers from the Venky's / Kentaro.

Ok if the new owners do start to strip the club etc, then I also will turn against them. But I am trying to stay as neutral as possible, until I hear and see more.

People are clearly relishing coming on here and stating that they knew this was all going to happen months ago. Rubbish. The same people who were opposing the Venkys bid were all in favour of Ali Syed, a guy who we knew even less about.

So few people on here actually had any information other than was published in the media. Many people read the same articles and happened to come to a different conclusion. It wasnt that they had inside info and were desperately trying to warn us over the castastrophe that we are now in.

The majority of fears were over the wealth of Venkys, not their attitude to management. Many people were also stating that Kentaro's involvement was minimal. I think it was Nicko who kept on stating that they were more heavily involved than anyone else believed.

brfcs news portal now saying this is believed to be untrue

Multiple sources, including Sky are claiming that John Williams and Tom Finn have resigned. It is thought that the sacking off Sam Allardyce has prompted them to leave the club.

Edit. Sources inside the club are now reporting that this ISN'T true. So it may be a case of the mainstream sports media getting it wrong.

More on this breaking story as we get it.

I sincerely hope that this sory is untrue.

However at the same time I have to say that the majority of the comments directed towards the new owners have been sickening. They stumped up the money for the Club and they are perfectly entitled to make some changes.

I hope so!

Blame the media, not BRFCS.

I'm not, but after a gut-wrenching two hours I think I'll just leave the site alone till this calms down.

See you Saturday - in the stand or on the concourse, depending on if there's a protest or not. :)

I sincerely hope that this sory is untrue.

However at the same time I have to say that the majority of the comments directed towards the new owners have been sickening. They stumped up the money for the Club and they are perfectly entitled to make some changes.

What has been 'sick' about them? There has been very little personal abuse, no racism, no xenophobia just utter bemusment at our situation.

Come on Rev, what is your take?

What has been 'sick' about them? There has been very little personal abuse, no racism, no xenophobia just utter bemusment at our situation.

Come on Rev, what is your take?

Sky sports have just read an article, I think from the LET. When the Venky's have asked supporters to trust them. But they did not think Sam was caperable of turning Rovers into a top 5 team. What has happened in the past 24 hours is just part of the long term plans for Rovers.

With regards to JW - they said this is a different matter and his job is safe.

Does anybody have a link to this or even the sky report.

The presenters on SSN have just read out in full the interview from Mrs Desai in the LT which contained quotes like they wanted Rovers to be in the top 4/5 and they felt Sam was not the man to do that.

It was also said they knew JW and Sam were very close but that their situations were very "different" and they looked forward to "developing their relationship" with JW.

Don't know if this means SSN are backtracking on their previous position.

So. Should we be boycotting SSN for spreading this horrible rumour?

How is this possible?

The owners had yet to ask Allardyce what he had planned for the January transfer window

and

The differences in opinion over transfer targets are understood to have proved the final nail for Allardyce

They havent asked what he meant, but they didnt agree with it?

Someone please enlighten me.....

The key statement in that article is that they are happy to leave the club in Steve Kean's management for "a couple of months". That takes us right through January and we can assume that Kentaro will therefore be doing the buying in the window. It also confirms the Independent's claim that Kean is close to the new owners.

Well. Things are getting interesting.

If JW has gone I will be very disappointed and will lose a lot of the enthusiasm I have tried to retain. However, as Revidge has said, I will also be disappointed in Williams himself. We need him right now. If Venkys want him to stay, I hope he will. Obviously it means they value his input. I would hope he would stay for the time being atleast. If they keep going over his head then fine, his position probably becomes untenable. But it's still early days yet.

The Boyd/Geovanni news is worrying. However, it may not be true. Sam has friends in the media. The way the story has been written paints him in a very positive light. Those names may have been mentioned, but then so have many others. Nicko has apparently heard impressive sounding names from outside sources. Fact is, we don't know. There's so much we don't know right now. We can either look at it with excitement or trepidation. I prefer to look forward rather than live in fear, but it's not for everyone. Hysteria, on the other hand, helps no one.

Btw, Philip, are you actually for real? You are the one that told us two years ago that you were "as certain as you could be" that we wouldn't appoint Allardyce. A couple of days later he was in. You made up nonsense about JW and Venkys sitting far apart at a game, which was proven to be wrong. Even yesterday you were posting on this messageboard stating as fact that we were going to appoint Martin Jol. Do you stand by that? The reason your posts get so much grief is because of the pompous, full of yourself way they are written. You constantly state opinion as fact, are constantly proved wrong, yet feel aggrieved when people don't listen to you. You've been told this a million times before, yet you still don't listen. As a result, you deserve all the aggro you get.

Mrs Desai warned fans not to expect a quick appointment, saying her family wanted to take their time.

She said they were happy to leave the team in the hands of coach Steve Kean for ‘a couple of months’.

A couple of months ( meaning the next few months????? ) Good luck !! take your time take your time.........

such comments show just how much she knows about football and BPL, christmas period going into the 2nd half of the season would basically shape the survivial of the club... every other club would be playing above their standard during the final period of the season, so.... are we going to wait till then to bring in a manager??

the attempt to pacify the fans had just turn out to be another showcase of stupidity and PR disaster!

why can't they keep sam managing and look for a replacement concurrently behind the sence? and if someone is appointed next week? what kinda credibility is left in the words of our new owners?

RUBBISH!

How so?

Because SSN ran a potentially false story about JW and TF leaving and nicko ran a spurious story about Maradona becoming manager?

Indeed. The only thing that had happened is that they have sacked a manager who they thought couldn't take us any further. No crime in that.

Nicko is also saying the Boyd/Geovanni rumour is false and is simply mischief making

Shame we dont have any independant supporters association to make a few comments / arrange protests

Bet Vinjays over the moon now.

only posting this one time only..so won't reply...someone posted the anti Sam will be gloating..not at all.am I glad he's gone ..YES.am I worried ..YES. JW has been a rock..I'm finding it amusing in a gallows humour the people who wanted us pimped to anyone with any money are now moaning at what's happened.

As for vinjay he's added me on twitter and wants ME as his voice ..knob.

Phil L you have upset him lol.

Bit worrying if John Williams was in on the negotiations with Venky's and didn't see this coming.

He wasnt involved....he comes in later....It was up to the trust who they sold to.

Won't he have a notice period anyway? I don't know how that will work out.

In business - he would get paid 'gardening leave' to stay away.

brfcs news portal now saying this is believed to be untrue

Sources inside the club are now reporting that this ISN'T true. So it may be a case of the mainstream sports media getting it wrong.

As if by magic eh!

I hope so!

Blame the media, not BRFCS.

But blame Hughesy when he gets it wrong??? :lol: Trust me - AT THE MOMENT, this is NOT TRUE!! Whether or not changes happen over the next few days, hours or weeks however who knows....clearly talks are ongoing...but neither Finn or JW have resigned, at the moment!

Archived