BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

philipl

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intriguingly, found out this morning that Kean is particularly pro Charlie Adam.

Sorry he isn't a Kentaro player so we can't get him ;)

Charlie Adam would be a decent stock signing, but one that the old manager (who wasn't good enough) wanted to make.

I can't seem to make up my mind when it comes to what to make of the sacking of Sam, but must say I've a (positive) tingling feeling the more I read about Steve Kean. Could be we have a gem here. The fact he was wanted as nr. 2 in Chelsea's setup just a couple of years ago speaks volumes if you ask me. Let's give this guy a chance before condemning him to a place next to Ince in the 7th layer of hell. Change isn't always a bad thing and we've been rooting for our young players last two seasons....could be this guy is the next Moyes/Coyle etc etc. Just wish I could afford to come over for the West Ham-game to give both him and the team my support.

Steve Kean's Blue n White Army?

After having a day to reflect on the situation at Ewood, I am still perplexed as anyone as to why they let Sam go without a replacement. Surely, it would have made sense to keep him up until a suitable replacement was found, and not leave our future in the hands of Steve Kean.

The reports I have read about him seem to be very positive, and hopefully, he could turn into a Chris Hughton style manager.

Whoever is in that hotseat will get my full backing.

Best of luck.

Steve Kean's Blue n White Army?

After having a day to reflect on the situation at Ewood, I am still perplexed as anyone as to why they let Sam go without a replacement. Surely, it would have made sense to keep him up until a suitable replacement was found, and not leave our future in the hands of Steve Kean.

The reports I have read about him seem to be very positive, and hopefully, he could turn into a Chris Hughton style manager.

Whoever is in that hotseat will get my full backing.

Best of luck.

He gets my backing too. We have to, at least, get behind the man left behind. He could well save Venky's hides.

Well done Mods for changing an insulting and childish thread title about someone who has been working his nuts off for the cause for 18 months now, which surely makes him "our man", irrespective of who his agent is.

christ, it was only a pun. chill out..

Love the comments/complements from Venky's on Kean, as if they personally know him (someone they know does though).

Met Kean a couple of years back during an evening out in Weybridge, seemed a nice enough guy - he was with his partner in crime, Chris Coleman.

Coaching wise he is highly rated - will be key to get off to a good start under his management otherwise things could become difficult.

I think the last two highly rated coaches to take over at Ewood (namely Messrs Harford & Kidd) will put us on notice that it's a fundamentally different job to manage a team & the step up is far from a guaranteed recipe for success.That said there were plenty of precedents at Liverpool in the 70's & 80's to show it can be done.

Good luck Steve, I hope you're a master tactician, diplomat, politician, talent scout, coach, psychologist & PR guru all rolled into one - with what's gone on this week you'll need to be.....& if you are ask for a BIG pay rise !

Jason Roberts spoke very highly of him as well. I hope he does turn out to be the next Moyes !

Do you think players will be signed in January even if Keane is still in charge ?

Moyes! the manager of the club that has spent shed loads and is where? oh that's right, two places and 4 points below us

So I hope Kean - get that, Kean, proves to be as good as Big Sam, and hopefully engenders a little more fooball - but it is a results business as can be seen that Pardew and the geordies haven't had a mention this week.

Steve Kean sounds promising, he could well do a good job with the team. It might actually be sensible not to bring someone new in too quick. If the players were all happy with Sam and his backroom staff, then at least keeping the core base of it can keep stability and given Kean is respected by the players, we can't do too badly under him.

I honestly don't expect us to play brilliant football from now until the end of the season though, but as long as Kean gets the results, I'm happy.

He'll probably get the sack at the end of the season though, if he stays manager for that long. I just can't see Venky's sticking with an unknown manager for the long term, when they need a big name to boost our marketing appeal.

They can get the big name by paying over the pounds. They don't have to make him manager. Maradona as director of football, on the board or chief scout, etc., I can see for publicity purposes. As manager I'd be scared stiff.

Agreed. Makes sense to keep Kean as (1) he knows the club & players well already, and (2) appears to be highly rated by various sources.

Someone like Diego as a figurehead, with Kean underneath/alongside could well work, but of course the proof will be in the results and performances.

The bit I'm more worried about is the mention of Jerome Anderson becoming Director If Football .... vested interests much?

Agreed. Makes sense to keep Kean as (1) he knows the club & players well already, and (2) appears to be highly rated by various sources.

Someone like Diego as a figurehead, with Kean underneath/alongside could well work, but of course the proof will be in the results and performances.

The bit I'm more worried about is the mention of Jerome Anderson becoming Director If Football .... vested interests much?

It has been reported on radio lancashire, that the Venky's are happy to let steve kean manage Rovers for thw rest of the season - not just a few months.

Archived