BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

philipl

They'll be forced to hire someone else after the run which we will be on happens. This is the worst thing they could do. We need someone from the outside, even for the sake of it, cause the players will be more prone to respond and perform for someone new.

Its an unwritten rule, assistants getting promoted dont succeed.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll be forced to hire someone else after the run which we will be on happens. This is the worst thing they could do. We need someone from the outside, even for the sake of it, cause the players will be more prone to respond and perform for someone new.

Its an unwritten rule, assistants getting promoted dont succeed.

Like Bob Paisley?

Steve McClaren is the only assistant who has become a good manager that I can think of, any more?

But Kean wasn't even our assistant manager...any first team coaches know to have made the step up?

Who's going to be putting out the cones now he's in India? (might keep Keith busy!)

Jose Mourinho did OK. Started out as Bobby Robson's interpreter.

Of course there are some exceptions, but the overwhelming majority of promoted coaches/assistants fail in management.

Kean, quite obviously, isn't Mourinho. From what I've seen so far he's got the charisma of Gary Neville.

I'm really, really worried.

Not sure Kean should be in India right now, doesn't he have a squad of players to get ready and work with. Surely his time would be best spent putting out fires and quashing this apparent unrest. Maybe there is some good to come from it but I have a sneaky feeling this fella is not much more than a figurehead, a yes man.

• 3 months later...

The messages coming out of Venky's have been a bit mixed in the past few days.

But everything I hear today tells me Steve Kean is in charge until results go badly wrong.

Shabby.

mmmmmmmmm?

We are not talking about some novice here.

mmmm? what are we talking here?

Archived