BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

But if they can use it to increase revenue streams then it is a decision that may have to be made in the name of progress. However I don't think selling it now would be a good idea, from a business perspective you would be suited to build the club up and invest before looking to sell the naming rights if we become a club in europe, etc.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, the whole "it will always be Ewood Park to me" excuse does not sit very well. Why not take over Scotland then and call it England - shouldn't be a problem, as the Scots will still call it Scotland?

And what about future generations? Will they still call it Ewood? Or how about this "global presence" that the owners want us to have? Ewood Park and the history that comes with it will be erased.

I'm not saying no under any circumstances, but these excuses are a bit thin. Accept it for what it is, and don't try to put lipstick on a pig.

I wonder how many people who are in favour (or at least, not against) the name change were anti Thenodrog's Lancashire United idea?

Just received:

LT piece is good. She says that she is going to come in January, then try and come across for 1 game in 6. Rovers are a priority for her. Wants to listen to fans. Few players arriving in January. Brothers have been meeting Rovers board and Sam this week. Is going to tell Sam that she wants results but also entertainment for fans.

Wants to preserve name Ewood Park, name of new sponsor could be a prefix/affix to Ewood Park. Don't want to make any hasty decision on management. Reiterates that they are a family business who share values that Rovers hold.

Just received:

LT piece is good. She says that she is going to come in January, then try and come across for 1 game in 6. Rovers are a priority for her. Wants to listen to fans. Few players arriving in January. Brothers have been meeting Rovers board and Sam this week. Is going to tell Sam that she wants results but also entertainment for fans.

Wants to preserve name Ewood Park, name of new sponsor could be a prefix/affix to Ewood Park. Don't want to make any hasty decision on management. Reiterates that they are a family business who share values that Rovers hold.

hope the above is correct.....talking of facebook groups what do people expect ????? - there are a few springing up at the moment in protest at the sale and anti renaming .

as I have stated yesterday I know people who have said if the stadium is named Venkys they will never step foot in it again ! if its named after a sponsor then thats different but Venkys would be a marketing thing in India and company profile raiser and nothing to do with the proud tradition of Blackburn Rovers...someone on another thread that they support the club well so does everyone else but what we dont support is multi national corporations ( of which venkys arent yet...lol ) !

This is a group that this club does not need. My message to them is sod off. It is just a name. the gorund will always be ewood park to me, no matter what the offical name is changed too. If a name change gets Rovers money and noticed else where so be it. But at this moment in time protests of any kind do harm to the club and does not benefit in anyway at all. If they protest against the Venky's, they are currntly protesting against the club, the trustees and Jack Walker, who set up the trust.

people pay there money season tickets , etc and have the right to protest , freedom of speech , etc ,etc

I wonder how many people who are in favour (or at least, not against) the name change were anti Thenodrog's Lancashire United idea?

I don't think anyone is actually in favour of a name change but plenty accept it if "Ewood Park" is in the name and it benefits the club. That's my positon anyway AND I remain dead against Theno's confection and don't see any contradiction in that.

hope the above is correct.....talking of facebook groups what do people expect ????? - there are a few springing up at the moment in protest at the sale and anti renaming .

as I have stated yesterday I know people who have said if the stadium is named Venkys they will never step foot in it again ! if its named after a sponsor then thats different but Venkys would be a marketing thing in India and company profile raiser and nothing to do with the proud tradition of Blackburn Rovers...someone on another thread that they support the club well so does everyone else but what we dont support is multi national corporations ( of which venkys arent yet...lol ) !

people pay there money season tickets , etc and have the right to protest , freedom of speech , etc ,etc

What I must add is there are a lot of good posts on the subject and without having differences of opinions there would be no point in having a message board .

We'll all have to wait and see how it all pans out in the next few months then we may have different opinions on the Venkys , etc !

That's not how I understand devil's advocate, no.

I can see the difference between re-naming the stadium with a prefix or suffix of the sponsor's name and amalgamating the club with hated local rivals. That's very much the thick end of the wedge, which I don't think will ever be reached.

I was just being playful and seeing how far people were prepared to go in the name of ever-greater commercial firepower.

There was really no need to jump down my throat and offer up a glib remark about being beyond help.

You really are a soulless bunch. Nothing quite says 'Sky-era soccer fans' like the way you've rolled over so quickly for these guys.

Ditch over a century of tradition for a PR gimmick? No problem, whatever you want Mr Venky sir. We'll ditch the blue and white and play in chicken costumes if you like.. if you think it will raise your profile in India sir..

You bang on so much about your proud tradition and then toss it away for some two bob Indian chicken farmer's marketing stunt. Two years from now you'll be watching Balti Rovers at the Venky's Stadium and telling yourselves it all makes sense in the modern world. Enjoy the ride, indeed.

Superb interview in the LET from Mrs Desai, just what we wanted to hear.

Entertaining football, new players, challenging for trophies and fans opinion is important.

Speaking about renaming the stadium she said - "The important thing for the supporters to know is that no decision will ever be taken if the fans don't want it to happen and I mean that"

Ok Sam, what is our alternative,? the Trust wanted shut of us and sold us on, as yet we don't know their plans and ideas are just being floated about.

Do we give up on our football club because they are now in foreign hands? How have we thrown our traditions away? You would stop going to the Turf if Kilby and Flood decided to grab even more money from Burnley and sell up to a foreign bidder?

This is life and this is modern football.

You really are a soulless bunch. Nothing quite says 'Sky-era soccer fans' like the way you've rolled over so quickly for these guys.

Ditch over a century of tradition for a PR gimmick? No problem, whatever you want Mr Venky sir. We'll ditch the blue and white and play in chicken costumes if you like.. if you think it will raise your profile in India sir..

You bang on so much about your proud tradition and then toss it away for some two bob Indian chicken farmer's marketing stunt. Two years from now you'll be watching Balti Rovers at the Venky's Stadium and telling yourselves it all makes sense in the modern world. Enjoy the ride, indeed.

Burnley has a pretty high South Asian population Sam, I wonder why they never considered making a bid for Burnley?

You know, the whole "it will always be Ewood Park to me" excuse does not sit very well. Why not take over Scotland then and call it England - shouldn't be a problem, as the Scots will still call it Scotland?

And what about future generations? Will they still call it Ewood? Or how about this "global presence" that the owners want us to have? Ewood Park and the history that comes with it will be erased.

I'm not saying no under any circumstances, but these excuses are a bit thin. Accept it for what it is, and don't try to put lipstick on a pig.

Oh Aye!! that'll be right. You can always try........and in case you didn't know it has been tried before;many times and ALL unsucessful. Remember Bannockburn?? They might not have Robert the Bruce to lead them any more but they still have wee Davie so dont even think about it!!!

Impressed from her interview... Plan to attend 1 every 5 or 6 games.

Won't go against the fans and ewood will never be taken out of the stadium name.

Interesting she said money is there for GOOD players, they cost serious money, she also wouldn't go into actual amounts which is the correct way to work for us.

Also said WE ARE NO LONGER A SELLING CLUB... Woo hoo!!

Hope a few more get behind them now & give them a chance.

Archived