BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

I don't think anyone is actually in favour of a name change but plenty accept it if "Ewood Park" is in the name and it benefits the club. That's my positon anyway AND I remain dead against Theno's confection and don't see any contradiction in that.

Spoy on 47er.....on both counts.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb interview in the LET from Mrs Desai, just what we wanted to hear.

Entertaining football, new players, challenging for trophies and fans opinion is important.

Speaking about renaming the stadium she said - "The important thing for the supporters to know is that no decision will ever be taken if the fans don't want it to happen and I mean that"

A couple of positive comments from fans!

bluenwhite, Burnley says...

10:07am Wed 24 Nov 10

spyderleg wrote:

sorry meant splash!!

Hope that shuts up all you moaning knob ends who believe every national press report or rumour that they see.

REPORT THIS POST »    REGISTER/SIGN IN »

phoebesgrandad, blackburn says...

10:10am Wed 24 Nov 10

bluenwhite wrote:

spyderleg wrote:

sorry meant splash!!

Hope that shuts up all you moaning knob ends who believe every national press report or rumour that they see.

And so say all of us,well done Venky's for putting the record straight.

You really are a soulless bunch. Nothing quite says 'Sky-era soccer fans' like the way you've rolled over so quickly for these guys.

Ditch over a century of tradition for a PR gimmick? No problem, whatever you want Mr Venky sir. We'll ditch the blue and white and play in chicken costumes if you like.. if you think it will raise your profile in India sir..

You bang on so much about your proud tradition and then toss it away for some two bob Indian chicken farmer's marketing stunt. Two years from now you'll be watching Balti Rovers at the Venky's Stadium and telling yourselves it all makes sense in the modern world. Enjoy the ride, indeed.

And how will you feel then Sam? Still playing a poor second fiddle to Balti Rovers.

Those P&L accounts pose a question to me that you may be able to answer Phillip. Do you know why the television contribution reduced by nearly £6mil between 2008 and 2009. It would have made the operating 'profit' close to a break even if it had continued at the 2008 level.

It also hits you that a surplus of aprox £30mil was made on player trading during the period covered by those numbers. What a difference that would have made if it could have been spent on new players. However I do realise that depreciation may have had an effect on these figures depending upon how it was treated in the accounts.

On a positive note...

My dad returned from a trip to india last night. He visited a house in Mumbai on the weekend and found the whole family watching premiership football for the first time.

They were watching Rovers v Villa..and yes they were all eagerly supporting Rovers due to the Indian link.

• Backroom

On a positive note...

My dad returned from a trip to india last night. He visited a house in Mumbai on the weekend and found the whole family watching premiership football for the first time.

They were watching Rovers v Villa..and yes they were all eagerly supporting Rovers due to the Indian link.

one down... 600,000,000 to go! ;)

Just read the article in the Lancashire Telegraph. Mrs Desai sounds to me like she has her finger on the pulse and already has blue and white flowing through her veins! She's saying all the right things and sounds like a dream supporter! Very positive, wanting to take the fans' views into account and encouraging Big Sam to win trophies and entertain.I hope she hasn't mistaken us for Real Madrid! Also she clarifies the issue on re-naming the ground and that any new name will be prefixed or suffixed with Ewood Park. I for one am really impressed with our new family owners and their positive approach. Of course the harbingers of doom ( do we have more than the average club, or does it just seem that way?) will say actions speak louder than words. I can understand that to a certain extent, but so far so good in my opinion. Up the Rovers!

Just read the article in the Lancashire Telegraph. Mrs Desai sounds to me like she has her finger on the pulse and already has blue and white flowing through her veins! She's saying all the right things and sounds like a dream supporter! Very positive, wanting to take the fans' views into account and encouraging Big Sam to win trophies and entertain.I hope she hasn't mistaken us for Real Madrid! Also she clarifies the issue on re-naming the ground and that any new name will be prefixed or suffixed with Ewood Park. I for one am really impressed with our new family owners and their positive approach. Of course the harbingers of doom ( do we have more than the average club, or does it just seem that way?) will say actions speak louder than words. I can understand that to a certain extent, but so far so good in my opinion. Up the Rovers!

Mrs Desai sounds like she knows the score and I am glad she is involved.

However, new owners are often enthusiastic promising this and that, I just hope she realises that to improve the squad in the short/medium term (before any success in incresed revenue in marketing/sponsorship) she will be pouring money into the football bottomless pit- transfer fees, agent fees, obscene wages etc to add to our already bulging wage bill.

Premier League football and its twisted business practices will be like nothing she has ever come across.

Hope she realises that in order to "entertain" they are going to have to put in some serious money in for a striker and at least one midfielder.

Leasing could be the way forward.

I just hope she realises that to improve the squad in the short term she will be pouring money into the football bottomless pit- transfer fees, agent fees, obscene wages etc to add to our already bulging wage bill.

Sure Kentaro/SEM will try and help them out with this.

I hope Sam will put Mrs Desai right and explain that his is a results business first and foremost and "entertainment" is a bonus.

Agreed Jim - and that entertainment comes at a cost!

I'm not sure I like the sound if this line: "We are not going to make any hasty decisions about the management of the club. It has not been bad so far this season and we will see how things go for the rest of the season."

I'm been happy with Venkys and their commments but to be even mentioning a change in management worries me... "we will see how things go" is hardly the backing Big Sam will have been seeking!

That said, everything else in the article is very positive.

Sounds positive for us fans, but at best noncommittal about Allardyce ....

"She said: “I am going to speak to the manager soon and tell him that the fans’ opinions are very important. We should go up in the rankings but playing well is not just about winning. I am going to convey that to him. The way we play is vital. We are not interested in the past and we are only thinking of the future.”

“We are not going to make any hasty decisions about the management of the club. It has not been bad so far this season and we will see how things go for the rest of the season.”

"She said: “I am going to speak to the manager soon and tell him that the fans’ opinions are very important. We should go up in the rankings but playing well is not just about winning. I am going to convey that to him. The way we play is vital. We are not interested in the past and we are only thinking of the future.”

“We are not going to make any hasty decisions about the management of the club. It has not been bad so far this season and we will see how things go for the rest of the season.”

Great Marks think alike!

"She said: "I am going to speak to the manager soon and tell him that the fans' opinions are very important. We should go up in the rankings but playing well is not just about winning. I am going to convey that to him. The way we play is vital. We are not interested in the past and we are only thinking of the future."

"We are not going to make any hasty decisions about the management of the club. It has not been bad so far this season and we will see how things go for the rest of the season."

My link in the LT does not have all theses comments. I'm I missing something, Is there another article ???? :(

Edit new article just been added to the online site. :D

Great Marks think alike!

The boy's name Mark \m(a)-rk\ is pronounced mark. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Mark is "Genius". ;)

My link in the LT does not have all theses comments. I'm I missing something, Is there another article ???? :(

Try this one:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8684391.Revealed__What_new_Blackburn_Rovers_chairman_will_tell_Big_Sam/

If they do get rid of allardyce, then they better make sure they get it spot on with his replacement, because with the league so tight it is clear anybody could go down, irregardless of how much we spend in jan and the coming summer.

Yeh, good point. Although I havent been one of the biggest supporters of Allardyce, I am not convinced there are too many better options.

Also, I have learnt a new word today!!

I think Sam is under rated by many. This last month though he is starting to show what he is about, has brought the team together and picked up some excellent results.

He is an great manager and given the backing of the new owners could push us onto European places with prudent funding. I would have far more faith in him achieving this goal than the vast majority of managers we could bring into replace him. I am very much onboard with the new owners but for me their refusal to give Sam their immediate backing is becoming a bit of a sticking point.

They are not football people. They are business people. They should leave it to the experts (yes Sam is an expert) and allow him to build the club and take us forward. I do not want some fancy named foreign manager with an O at the end of his name coming and getting us relegated playing pretty, tippy, tappy football.

Looking at it objectively Sam actually fits the exact model they are looking to build upon. Bringing in players cheap and selling for a profit. Telling him how to run the team is not going to go down to well at all. I get the feeling they may be getting advised by Kentaro to bring in a sexy name.

But anyway. They are yet to make a move. A wee bit of backing would be nice though

Just one word to TimmyJimmy. The questions asked about the cash from the surplus transfer dealings were made honestly, without accusation and more importantly - valid. Rovers were a PLC and their accounts were open to scrutiny from anyone. You don't have the right, morally or otherwise, to deny people the opportunity to ask questions about the clubs finances...

Den, totally agree with you, I don't have the right to deny anyone anything in this regard, I wasn't trying to. I have zero issues with what you post, to the contrary I find them to be enjoyable and to the point. That said words are only an approximate form of communication, we can't plug our brains together and so never really know what is meant by the other half of the time.

Your phrase "...does this mean that the trustees have pocketed much of the money ...", I read negatively in that the trustees were somehow suspected of skimming the club and were only in it to line their own pockets. To my mind this was a very bitter reward for all their hard work and custodianship over the difficult years since Jack's death. You didn't mean this so I obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick. No offence meant.

That said your post attracted enough agreement (I made three quotes on the original post) to suggest that others had some undercurrent of agreement with this misinterpretation so my response was directed at all those on this board who potentially hold this suspicion to be true. Asking rhetorical questions like this without stating the point behind them leaves everything open to interpretation, which is what I said in my post.

The latest interview from the Venky people is music to my ears and I'm sure to everyone else's, there's every chance that the Trust have chosen wisely and that down the line we will have even more to thank them for.

We are in a new world now, the old one began to feel like a civil war with one member of the family being set against another. Hopefully we are now at the point where we can draw a line under all that, respecting the past yet looking forward to the future. Love and peace man. :):rover:

I think Sam is under rated by many. This last month though he is starting to show what he is about, has brought the team together and picked up some excellent results.

He is an great manager and given the backing of the new owners could push us onto European places with prudent funding. I would have far more faith in him achieving this goal than the vast majority of managers we could bring into replace him. I am very much onboard with the new owners but for me their refusal to give Sam their immediate backing is becoming a bit of a sticking point.

They are not football people. They are business people. They should leave it to the experts (yes Sam is an expert) and allow him to build the club and take us forward. I do not want some fancy named foreign manager with an O at the end of his name coming and getting us relegated playing pretty, tippy, tappy football.

Looking at it objectively Sam actually fits the exact model they are looking to build upon. Bringing in players cheap and selling for a profit. Telling him how to run the team is not going to go down to well at all. I get the feeling they may be getting advised by Kentaro to bring in a sexy name.

But anyway. They are yet to make a move. A wee bit of backing would be nice though

Completely agree with your points here - having backing (if they do actually want to keep him) is important, as is having stability.

Could be that with a bigger foreign name perhaps, this could fit in with their plans to enlarge the brand, plus coaching/managing all these hotshots who will soon be joining us on loan.

I think it is right that Sam is kept on his toes. How many times have people on here mentioned about their dislike of the style of football under Sam - even though it sometimes gets results.

The Venky's have to give Sam the first chance to show what he can do. He is in the job and it is his to try to keep. Anyway it costs money to sack a manager. If he is not what the fans or Venky's want, then his contract will be allowed to run down. Unless of course the club are in danger of relegation.

The comments about the Chelsea game was Rovers played well and some considered it entertaining (apart from the result)This shows that even the current squad can change style from match to match if needed. Add one or two more players and that would be further enhanced.

Sam is in the seat and in my view it would be wrong to sack him at this time. He has to be given and deserves to be given the first chance to take Rovers up the table.

very encouraging interview given to the LET. Lets hope that what she has said come to fruition.

On a different issue, but related in my view to being in a new era.

I think Rovers supporters have to play a role also in trying to win over the local ethnic population to bring them to Rovers. There are different cultures / religions in life that can cause some segregation and I suggest football can be a common ground.

During the Ince time, was there not a reporter who accused the club of having racist tendencies for getting rid of Ince. Well having Indian owners puts that allegation back down his throat. In a strange way having Indian owners may even be of benefical to Blackburn itself. It may even help to reduce any barriers between different people, which can only benefit the whole area.

You really are a soulless bunch. Nothing quite says 'Sky-era soccer fans' like the way you've rolled over so quickly for these guys.

Ditch over a century of tradition for a PR gimmick? No problem, whatever you want Mr Venky sir. We'll ditch the blue and white and play in chicken costumes if you like.. if you think it will raise your profile in India sir..

You bang on so much about your proud tradition and then toss it away for some two bob Indian chicken farmer's marketing stunt. Two years from now you'll be watching Balti Rovers at the Venky's Stadium and telling yourselves it all makes sense in the modern world. Enjoy the ride, indeed.

Balti rovers or Blackburn rovers its still 31 years since you beat BRFC

We dont really need to add massively to our wage bill. (Yes it will no doubt go up by abit)..we just need to remove people from it that are too expensive to be in the squad, given their contribution & replace with better talent for similar wages.

People like Brown, Chimbonda, Andrews, Grella, Roberts, Benjani etc....thankfully some of these are coming towards the end of their contracts....just think the difference if we replaced those 6 players with players who are good enough to go straight into our 1st 11 when everyone is fit.

As for publicly backing sam...he's out of contract, why back him now when once he has money to spend in Jan he may make some poor signings...I think he has to choose his signings carefully in Jan or it could well cost him his job in the summer (when no compo would be needed).

Archived