BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

Mrs Desai sounds like she knows the score and I am glad she is involved.

Premier League football and its twisted business practices will be like nothing she has ever come across.

Do you know, I really doubt that. Her hands-on expansion of her family business means she is not going to be taken for a ride by anyone. We could be very lucky here.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really are a soulless bunch. Nothing quite says 'Sky-era soccer fans' like the way you've rolled over so quickly for these guys.

Ditch over a century of tradition for a PR gimmick? No problem, whatever you want Mr Venky sir. We'll ditch the blue and white and play in chicken costumes if you like.. if you think it will raise your profile in India sir..

You bang on so much about your proud tradition and then toss it away for some two bob Indian chicken farmer's marketing stunt. Two years from now you'll be watching Balti Rovers at the Venky's Stadium and telling yourselves it all makes sense in the modern world. Enjoy the ride, indeed.

FFS, who voted that up? Have a word with yourself.

As someone has mentioned 'entertaining football' comes at a price Mrs Desai...even bargain basement Sam cant do that on 5 Million!!

All parties need to get round the table asap and pave the way forward.Good and sensible news about the stadium.

Holloway at the club on the coast seems to have managed to get entertaining, attacking winning (so far) football for less than that amount.

Do you know, I really doubt that. Her hands-on expansion of her family business means she is not going to be taken for a ride by anyone. We could be very lucky here.

I agree, my point was more on the fact that the PL football and Blackburn Rovers in particular business model that allows 80% of turnover to go on staff wages will not be something she will be used to or perhaps be comfortable with.

Until the marketing and sponsorship efforts increase to a level that the turnover/wage ratio becomes more rational she will be seeing for herself the madness of PL finance.

Well for one I'm very happy with the two articles in the LET today, they are far better than what has come out previously. Obviously the proof is in the pudding and lets be honest how many top players have we sold whilst not being a 'selling club' before?

I'm quiety optimistic that things will work out, I'm very glad the current board was kept on for this reason, and also if they stay or go over the next few months will be a good barometer of the new owners intentions and abilities to take the club forward.

I would hope they give Sam till the end of the season at least (barring disaster) to prove himself, and I would hope that a good signing and a couple of good players on loan could transform our side. (I'm thinking of Carew signing / Bentley loan or similar here - think more about that quality of footballer rather than the likes of another Kalinic / Grella for example)

I think it would be good for the new owners to have a Q&A session with the fans in January, in a similar format to what the club has done with players and management previously.

I am surprised I got no answer to my question I am going to Goa,India from 26/1/11-12/2/11 can someone please let me know what bars are in India where I can view the prem games while I'm away if anyone can give any information name of pubs etc would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Why are you surprised?

1. This is not a holiday recommendations topic

2. I don't think we have that large a following in india yet, so the local knowledge is likely to be limited

3. I hear the Red Lion is good in Down town Goa, next to B&Q if you have time nip in and ask for a long weight and some tartan paint :P

Just Goa there and enjoy yourself. Necxt time use an appropriate topic though ;)

I got the impression from reading the article that they were backing Allardyce for the time being but were saying to him that he has to prove that he is the right man for the job not just now but ongoing. That seems to me to be a very reasonable stance. If they come out now and say he's our manager regardless then results plummet, he makes poor signings ot whatever and they feel they have to get rid they have egg on their faces (sorry!) By giving him full backing for the time being whilst intimating they may need to review the situation at the end of the season, then they leave themselves some leeway if things go wrong.

Spot on & exactly what I was getting at. Much better put!!

Sun pick up on the style issue

Santa Cruz wants to come back...£4m deal available

Daily Mail have decided we now have BIG CASH to spend in Jan :rolleyes:

"We should go up in the rankings but playing well is not just about winning. The way we play is vital."

That quote probably sums up the reason the 5 million figure has been thrown around for January add that to the fact that Sam ist a big fan of the window, they dont want to throw all their eggs in one basket, so to speak :blush:

They have begun talking a better talk, and maybe its a blessing in disguise that they did not talk too much whilst negotiations were on-going. Now is the time to put your money where your mouth is, and let's hope that happens.

Big couple of months coming up for the club. At the very least its season defining.

Lets hope the morale and confidence levels go up and it transfers into performances too.

Firstly I'd like to offer you a warm welcome to BRFC and to thank you for investing in our club and expressing that fans opinions are important to you. This is all very encouraging and my hope is that this thread will make it easy for you to keep track of our opinions. Here are mine:

I am very encouraged by the way you have been talking about Blackburn but a couple of things concern me:

1. You mentioned that "...playing well is not just about winning. The way we play is vital". Please know that nothing is more important than winning. Look at what happened to our rivals Burnley when they tried to stay in the league by playing attractive football last year. And look at the fortunes of West Ham and West Brom this year. I'd love to see attractive football AND results at Ewood but you must realise that this costs HUGE money. And even with huge investment there is no guarantee, as Manchester City have demonstrated with their lack of goals and defensive style this year. Please do not interfere with what takes place on the pitch - this should be left to the experts (Sam and his team).

2. Sam performed a minor miracle by keeping us in the Premiership and then making us hard to beat. You mentioned that you "are not going to make any hasty decisions about the management of the club". I think Sam deserves more respect than this. Remember that this is a man who very nearly became England manager. He is perfect for Rovers and has transformed our fortunes in two short years. Two years from now, with you full support, Sam could be replicating his achievements at Bolton with Blackburn Rovers. I'm not sure that there are many men in football that can do that. He deserves your full backing and a new contract.

Thanks for listening, and once again, welcome to Ewood!

Mark

Firstly I'd like to offer you a warm welcome to BRFC and to thank you for investing in our club and expressing that fans opinions are important to you. This is all very encouraging and my hope is that this thread will make it easy for you to keep track of our opinions. Here are mine:

I am very encouraged by the way you have been talking about Blackburn but a couple of things concern me:

1. You mentioned that "...playing well is not just about winning. The way we play is vital". Please know that nothing is more important than winning. Look at what happened to our rivals Burnley when they tried to stay in the league by playing attractive football last year. And look at the fortunes of West Ham and West Brom this year. I'd love to see attractive football AND results at Ewood but you must realise that this costs HUGE money. And even with huge investment there is no guarantee, as Manchester City have demonstrated with their lack of goals and defensive style this year. Please do not interfere with what takes place on the pitch - this should be left to the experts (Sam and his team).

2. Sam performed a minor miracle by keeping us in the Premiership and then making us hard to beat. You mentioned that you "are not going to make any hasty decisions about the management of the club". I think Sam deserves more respect than this. Remember that this is a man who very nearly became England manager. He is perfect for Rovers and has transformed our fortunes in two short years. Two years from now, with you full support, Sam could be replicating his achievements at Bolton with Blackburn Rovers. I'm not sure that there are many men in football that can do that. He deserves your full backing and a new contract.

Thanks for listening, and once again, welcome to Ewood!

Mark

Nice try Sam. :xmas:

I think the summer is a fair assessment as his contract in up in December.

The team either produce to the end of the season or he will be replaced. Tough at the top.

Clubs who are unstable usually have this unrealistic quest for success which should be delivered in a short period of time - let's say our results, for example, are a bit indifferent between now and the end of the season. Does that mean Sam is a poor manager?

Even if we make a couple of signings in January, it could take them some time to settle in, does not mean they will be poor players who cannot be good for us next season - having a short term mentality is not helpful when you are trying to build a football club and make it successful but it seems to be the normal attitude nowadays.

The way the owners are talking about giving him a chance is as if they were possibly going to bring their own man in - of course they can do as they wish and most owners who come in do like their own person in charge.

We have heard a lot about Sam Allardyce in the past, but, we feel he should be given a fresh chance.

Article above also mentions this - Explaining why and how the group chose Blackburn, Desai adds, Initially, we identified one other EPL Club, but, a majority stake was not available and hence, it was declined. Subsequently, Blackburn Rovers was available, along with the possibility of majority stake. This, and also the fact that it is one of the oldest clubs since the establishment of the League, and that the Clubs traditions and values are similar to our own, convinced us to acquire it.

Archived