BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers against French teams in Europe

Eddie

We played Lyon in 1998. Lost 1-0 at home. Drew 2-2 away. Martin Taylor made his debut.

We played AS Nancy in 2006. Won 1-0. Lucas Neill scored and run all way to Blackburn End to tell them to be quiet or something like that!

That's it as far as proper games go I think.

Lyon Away! Happy days.

Wilcox got the first I think and wasn't it Seb-as-tian Perez with the second? Very dangerous those seats on the away end, well I say seats - they were just raised concrete blocks with sharp corners. Not advisable to fall overbackwards down a couple of rows as I did - I could barely walk the day after. The half time sing song was one of the very best.

We've played Arsenal a few times as well over the years.

Lyon Away! Happy days.

Wilcox got the first I think and wasn't it Seb-as-tian Perez with the second? Very dangerous those seats on the away end, well I say seats - they were just raised concrete blocks with sharp corners. Not advisable to fall overbackwards down a couple of rows as I did - I could barely walk the day after. The half time sing song was one of the very best.

:tu:

Flitcroft clean through towards the end could have made the difference :(

Nancy game came at the pinnacle of displeasure towards Lucas Neill.

We had our backs against the wall for most of the game,Nancy having hit the post.

Then with minutes left, the ball broke to the edge of the area after poor corner, Neill gave it a thump and it somehow squeezed in the corner, past the man on the line, putting us through to the knock-out stages.

Queue wild celebrations followed by awkward grumbles as Neill gave us a fist pump.

Archived