BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How would you make Rovers a top 5 side?

15 million, I agree with. If he wants the signings, he should offload the deadwood first to make room on the wage bill.

I agree with this. I suck at player valuations, but Adam and N'Zogbia would cost around 11 million, if I read the papers right. I have no clue what Cole is worth but I assume more than 4 million. So I'm afraid that we have to increase Philip's estimate of 15 million by the difference. Venkys get your checkbook out. ;)

Seriously, if I owned the Rovers, I would:

5. Budget 10 million plus a year, for 4-5 years, with the same manager with the same game plan (1-4) until we get the team chemistry and mix right.

6. Pray. A lot.

According to today's Telegraph report which I posted elsewhere the actual transfer budget is MINIMUM 5M per transfer window for next 3 years.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decide on footballing strategy for the club and stick with it.Sign the type of players which fit that strategy,for example don't sign Nikola Kalinic if your a long ball playing side.

Get in a manager with a good reputation for bringing young players on,if that is the way your owners want to go.(foreign way to go)

Getting hold of Some of Porto's,Cska Moscows & Palermo's scouts would be a good start.(best in Europe)

Scout the players yourself and go straight to the clubs,don't use 3rd party agents,only drives the cost up. :lol:

Decide on footballing strategy for the club and stick with it.Sign the type of players which fit that strategy,for example don't sign Nikola Kalinic if your a long ball playing side.

Get in a manager with a good reputation for bringing young players on,if that is the way your owners want to go.(foreign way to go)

Getting hold of Some of Porto's,Cska Moscows & Palermo's scouts would be a good start.(best in Europe)

Scout the players yourself and go straight to the clubs,don't use 3rd party agents,only drives the cost up. :lol:

Agreed, though I think it would be wise to somehow persuade a consortium to buy this club from Venkys and return it to its family and community values which is respected throughout football, without that, players of any age will not want to join what I can only describe as a bloody circus (I apologise to the the many gifted performers why ply their trade in the big top) I honestly feel that this will be the outcome within 12 months at the most, indeed, I do know of a few people at the moment, totally disgusted with what is happening at our club, are looking into the possibility.

With 5 million a window? We will never break into the top 5 ever.

If Sam had 15-20 million in January, I am pretty sure a top 8 finish would have been well on the cards this season and hence Europa League football.

Top 5?

Lets look at it this way: Arsenal, Chelsea and United will stay there

Spurs with their current team are top 6 at very least

Man City will be in the top 5 for certain

Liverpool will eventually recover back to the top even if its not this season

That's already 6 teams there. I am not saying we can break into that pack (not even mentioning Sunderland, Villa, and other sides) but it needs calculated spending by a top manager and quite a bit of luck that all the players settle in and make an impact

With what exactly? How much profit did Venky's make last year?

Personal wealth

Profits from a rapidly growing company

Profits from the other parts of their business which is not in the public domain

Plus now that we are debt free – about £5m per season profit

Personal wealth

Profits from a rapidly growing company

Profits from the other parts of their business which is not in the public domain

Plus now that we are debt free – about £5m per season profit

I'll believe it when I see it.

(I've done well there to avoid using sarcasm you may note)

I'll believe it when I see it.

Good - I look forward to you believing it!

Nicko says we have more, but Venkys themselves have said we will have limited funds to "lease players". Other than that, a couple of the papers said they have set aside 5 million a window. They are also reporters like nicko, so who is right?

We wont know until January 31.

Don’t use January as the window to judge them…with no manager at current we may hold back – who knows…we may also want to re-align our scouts with a new manager, to find the right type of players to play a different style of football.

Id be FAR more concerned if nothing happens in the summer.

Top 5 Strategy

-Take over PNE and merge Clubs

-Get Holloway as new Manager(8 new players in 2 days 2010 pre-Season!Magical work by him)

-Win FA Cup to prove we are on move

Hopefully Top 5 in 3 to 5 years.

Most of that and more(except PNE)was in Uncle Jack's vision.

Now we need a new 'business model' but why not?

Good - I look forward to you believing it!

Dont use January as the window to judge them…with no manager at current we may hold back who knows…we may also want to re-align our scouts with a new manager, to find the right type of players to play a different style of football.

Id be FAR more concerned if nothing happens in the summer.

I doubt they will spend anything in January, 'with the current management, we believe we should wait till the summer', yada yada yada.

The only other way I can see it being done without chucking huge wads of cash at it (That we clearly no present) is to get other significant revenue sources for the club and build from youth, both of which will take a long time and have significant risk attached...

Alarm Bells have been ringing for years... Rather than pressing the snooze button it's about time we did something about it!

Hell yeah!! Bring on the debt! Bring on the debt! Here we go, here we go, here we go!!!

That better for you Den?

Archived