BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio Rovers not allowed to take calls?

Can’t believe anyone is surprised by this, without the sacking, the station doesn’t allow anyone with a slightly controversial opinion on the air, so after this week it was never going to allow people on.

This site next? :unsure:

I hope not. I have said this on more than 1 occasion, we are a supporters forum and not affliated to the club. Whilst a good relationship is great we as the supporters have the right to air our views (right or wrong).

As for Radio Rovers, I haven't listened this year as I haven't paid £38 but I always loved the phone ins and e-mails. Just shows that the owners know they have made a mistake in the views of the fans and don't want to take the flack, even though they wouldn't hear it back in india.

Do Venky's have the ability to gag the BBC? Wow!

I havn't listened to the Radio Lancs phone in for ages. Does anybody seriously think that Gary Hickson would have anything sensible or coherant to say on Rovers current situation? If somebody rang in who did they would probably be talked over or side tracked by his ramblings and nonsense.

Most of the calls are as follows- "Over to Bubba in Brierfield, 'Raaht, I wur on t'Turf t'daah............." It's been Radio Dingle for ages and not worth listening to.

Do Venky's have the ability to gag the BBC? Wow!

I havn't listened to the Radio Lancs phone in for ages. Does anybody seriously think that Gary Hickson would have anything sensible or coherant to say on Rovers current situation? If somebody rang in who did they would probably be talked over or side tracked by his ramblings and nonsense.

Most of the calls are as follows- "Over to Bubba in Brierfield, 'Raaht, I wur on t'Turf t'daah............." It's been Radio Dingle for ages and not worth listening to.

Radio Rovers, not Radio Lancashire. They'll be banning pitch side microphones next so the fans won't be heard on tv.

Radio Rovers, not Radio Lancashire. They'll be banning pitch side microphones next so the fans won't be heard on tv.

Ah, appologies :blush:

I suppose that is quite poor. Still, there's always the Radio Lancashire phone in with insightful host Gary Hickson, I've heard that's quite good.

Still, there's always the Radio Lancashire phone in with insightful host Gary Hickson, I've heard that's quite good.

Radio Lancashire lost the rights to air our games I believe, they've not taken that to well I hear.

You never hear anyone doing anything but praise the Rovers to the heavens on Radio Rovers anyway so don't see the point of this really. I was more concerned about the Rovers website having the big news about a chicken shop opening in Pune as it's main headline the other day. Strange world we are moving into.

Radio Lancashire lost the rights to air our games I believe, they've not taken that to well I hear.

I'm sure that I heard the announce that the only two matches on Radio Lancs yesterday in the area (fleetwood and the Rovers) would be covered live. I was at the match so I don't know if this happened but if so then how?

btw Radio Lancs and the LET are both at odds with the Rovers I understand. If this is indeed the case then imo we simply cannot afford to lose allies like these. With this and everything else I think this club is in danger of going into a termianl tail spin.

I'm sure that I heard the announce that the only two matches on Radio Lancs yesterday in the area (fleetwood and the Rovers) would be covered live. I was at the match so I don't know if this happened but if so then how?

btw Radio Lancs and the LET are both at odds with the Rovers I understand. If this is indeed the case then imo we simply cannot afford to lose allies like these. With this and everything else I think this club is in danger of going into a termianl tail spin.

I don't know about live as I was at the match, but Wilcox was doing the after match analysis and giving his opinions on the current issues.

Maybe its away games.

Archived