BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be the Christmas spirit setting in but I'm going for a 3-2 home win and a swashbuckling game of defensive slip-ups.

Of all the teams in the league, we should know how to counteract Stoke's direct play. Olsson, and 2 from Kalinic including a last minute winner. Thanks Santa!

As usual, you've it the nail on the head. But this applies to not only the players, but the fans. At this point, we need to put Venkys and all rumblings of discontent aside. We need to focus on cheering on the team. Booing Venkys, Kean, Samba, etc. will do nothing to improve performance and may actually hurt our chances over the next 3 games to put points on the board.

They'll be plenty of time to boo as the season progresses, if warranted. We shouldn't hit the self-destruct button too soon.

And I actually think we've got a very good chance of getting something from this game. :)

I think we'll hammer them. The players will want to send a message out. Got a good feeling about this one. Hope I haven't tempted fate by saying that!

As usual, you've it the nail on the head. But this applies to not only the players, but the fans. At this point, we need to put Venkys and all rumblings of discontent aside. We need to focus on cheering on the team. Booing Venkys, Kean, Samba, etc. will do nothing to improve performance and may actually hurt our chances over the next 3 games to put points on the board.

They'll be plenty of time to boo as the season progresses, if warranted. We shouldn't hit the self-destruct button too soon.

And I actually think we've got a very good chance of getting something from this game. :)

A win should be the minimum expected.

No Kelbo. Pickering and McEvoy hat tricks I think. I saw John Byrom get a hat trick in a 3-3 draw at Upton Park in the FA cup in the early 60's. Rovers won the replay 4-1. By the way, John Byrom was marked by Bobby Moore in that first game. In the replay Andy McEvoy got a hat trick. That's how I remember things - although some statistician [aka Alan75] will probably tell me I'm wrong on all points.

My very first away game..........ended up stood amongst all the WHU fans somehow - a good bunch of guys though. I reckon jim has the dates right too.

Losing Jones and Roberts is absolutely sickening for us. Two of our best performers this season.

For me it is key that Hoilett gets a game, and maybe Olsson as well. If I was going to pick a team I would go for:-

---------------------Kalinic

-EH DIouf------Hoilett-----MB DIouf

---------Pedersen------Emerton

Givet----Nelsen---Samba----Salgado

-----------------Robinson

Frankly with the new injuries our midfield and strikers look even more appalling. Only Pedersen and EH Diouf inspire any sort of confidence. We need big performances from MB DIouf, Kalinic and Hoilett.

We last beat them 2 years ago so this talk of must win is a bit overstated. A draw wouldnt be the end of the world.

We might not have beaten them last season at home but as I've said before, under Sam our home record against bottom half teams since the start of last season was 11 wins and 4 draws out of 15 games. It's what got us where we were.

One off results might happen, like the draw vs Stoke last season, but failing to win two successive games against the type of opposition we usually put away quite easily at home would indicate we're losing points under Kean that we wouldve picked up under Allardyce. And that would be cause for concern, especially if its accompanied by a performance as lacklustre as last weeks'

• Backroom

does nobody think that dunn will play tomorrow? i missed them wham game, was he that bad?

If he does it's shocking, crap didn't even start to describe his performance, rather give Linganzi a go or even any 2 from Pedersen/Emerton/Diouf with Hoilett and Olsson on the wings.

I think the issue with Dunn last week was because he was on the left wing he kept needing to cut inside as there was no overlapping support. He's not a left winger.

After hearing Keen's interview this week I'm quite optimistic - he talks a good game and comes across very well. Let's hope the hangover from Sam leaving has left us and we get a good response from the players.

As for the team :

Robbinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Hoilett Emerton MGP EH Diouf

Kalinic MB Diouf

If Benjani starts some of my optimism will disappear...!

Is anybody else having problems with booking tickets on the website?

I'm trying to sort out tickets for the Wife and Mother in Law.

It takes my payment details but just refreshes the page with no error message.

What time does the ticket office open tomorrow? I could book them over the phone.

I can't see the Darwen End selling out but I'm nervous because the Mother In Law is from New York so this is her first and potentially last chance to watch Rovers.

Long time since I have woken up feeling so nervous about a game.

Same feeing as I had v Chelsea in the Semi-Final. Desperately want to win but looking at the two sides thinking how on earth are we going to get a win out of this one?- that's how bad our injury situation is.

Like Churchill once said but slightly amended, 'your Rovers need you!'

Lets give them a real good backing and see if we can get a win!

That should be Lord Kitchener... But i share the sentiment!

Is anybody else having problems with booking tickets on the website?

I'm trying to sort out tickets for the Wife and Mother in Law.

It takes my payment details but just refreshes the page with no error message.

What time does the ticket office open tomorrow? I could book them over the phone.

I can't see the Darwen End selling out but I'm nervous because the Mother In Law is from New York so this is her first and potentially last chance to watch Rovers.

It opens from 9am. info here

Get in!!!!

It opens from 9am. info here

Get in!!!!

Thanks for that Mum!

Tickets booked! Come on the Rovers!

Everything fine on weather front? Cause Everton and Blackpool have both had their home games called off.

Rovers ready for Boxing Day clash

Posted on: Fri 24 Dec 2010

Blackburn Rovers aren't anticipating any weather worries as the club gears up for the Boxing Day clash against Stoke City.

Last time out staff worked tirelessly to clear heavy snow from the pitch and walkways to ensure that our game with West Ham United was one of just three Barclays Premier League games that went ahead last weekend.

But despite the country in the midst of the cold snap, no problems are envisaged for this Sunday's match, with all areas clear of snow.

Archived