BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Great stuff. It's still an uphill battle for any manager making his way in the league for the first time, but this win was absolutely crucial. Points on the board and it should instill a confidence in the squad and the manager which has been desperately lacking recently.

Better cancel the demos and rip up the transfer requests, eh.

I can't remember the last time I tore up a coupon with a smile on my face.

Not bad for an inexperienced puppet.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff. It's still an uphill battle for any manager making his way in the league for the first time, but this win was absolutely crucial. Points on the board and it should instill a confidence in the squad and the manager which has been desperately lacking recently.

Now it needs cementing.

Come on now Nicko I think your counting your chickens a bit there.

Fantastic performance given the circumstances. Full of attacking intent.

The only way for Kean to win the fans over is to win games. I have no gripe with the man personally, his appointment was just a massive gamble that didn't need taking, but if he is a success, so are we.

So many ppl on here were moaning that under Sam we would have beaten the Hammers at home. Well under Sam we probably wouldnt have won today. Also big plus for showing faith in Niko. Lets hope in Jan we can bring in a defensive mid and an attacking outlet and we can look to finish between 9-12th.

Well done Steve. Overall a much improved performance than we saw in the previous two games especially on the attacking front. He also showed that he managed to get them more fired up and better organised in the second half after some serious pressure from West Brom in the first.

Still a lot of work to be done in terms of key signings need to be made and some work tactically but it was a very good job by the manager today. Let's hope he and the team take a lot of positives from this game.

Inspired by Kalinic's / Mama's goals.....hopefully Kean will be as effective in the transfer market and have mates like Fergie willing to do him favours...

All credit to Steve Kean for what would be a very good result under any circumstances, but one swallow does not make a summer.

Having owners that make footballing decisions without having any knowledge of the game is still very worrying.

And a lot of managers have their honeymoon periods.

Still, there's no point concentrating on the negatives right now. The last regime did their talking by way of results and if this regime does the same then I'll be happy.

Well Kalinic didn't look a flop today, neither did Diouf, I hope that continues.

I think both of them benifited from the system.

Was nice not to play one upfront, whtether we an keep winning though with such a weak midfield.

Inspired by Kalinic's / Mama's goals.....hopefully Kean will be as effective in the transfer market and have mates like Fergie willing to do him favours...

He's supposed to have alot of good contacts...

As well as the 3 points (obviously) the great thing from today was the togetherness the team showed. :) They were fighting for a cause.

Bang on the money!

• Backroom

Not me, I still think Kean's completely out of his depth and got lucky today. :)

I have to join you in this opinion in a way until proven otherwise, mainly due to his insistence on playing a passenger in midfield every game. He's going in te right direction in some ways though

Hope today wasn't a blip but he must have said something right at half time

Come on now Nicko I think your counting your chickens a bit there.

Just happy to see egg on a few faces...some that seem to be ducking for cover right now.

The lack of respect shown to someone who was a coach for the past 18 months and has fully served his apprenticeship has been quite disgusting.

The bandwagon-jumping blethers have shown a few folk up too.

You judge this regime at the end of January when their 'plan' starts to take shape - and signings are made. That was an astonishing result in the circumstances. Your bench at Sunderland will be full of unknowns now too.

There will be three or four managers who will find their clubs don't back them and their judgement in the transfer market next month...at least your owners had the bottle to make that decision sooner.

Archived