BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Maybe it's just me but I thought he looked totally hapless throughout the game.

Also the fact we were 1 down and creating sod all yet he only make 1 substitution to try to change things kind of sealed it for me.

going through 606 boards mr kean seems to have gained a new middle name or two "backstabber" "traitor" "arse licker" "puppet" "clown" "yes man"

nothing like getting off to a flyer mr kean.

Guess hughton was a puppet manager and succesful but that was in the championship, can't think of an instance where a clubs owners seemingly haven't actively been looking for a qualified manager and a clubs done ok under the puppet.

Parkes always did well for us but the club never made statements to the affect of it's his to run for 7 months and you can sign these players are advisors say we should.

Still fuming.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people I associate with had nothing but praise for Allardyce DURING and after his tenure.

Why? Because we realised what a superb job he had done with such a poor squad. You cannot put a price on having a manager that can motivate and cajole the very best out of players.

A lot of Rovers fans have proved yet again that they have little knowledge about football.

Who was on the bench?

Ah, EH Diouf, Linganzi, Doran, Benjani, Morris. Bunn, Hoilett.

Hm, I know Hoilett was substituted for Dunn, a fair substitution I'd say, but the others wouldn't inspire me either, and I guess they were all there was available.

Mum, you could have come on and made more of a contribution than Emerton.

Mum I think Benjani,Linganzi,EH Diouf,Doran,Morris & Hoilett hoilett came on but sadly I don't think the others would have done much maybe he could have tried EH Diouf up front or even brought on the promising Morris. I have to say though I do not believe Steve Kean is the man to take us forward he just seems incapable of motivating the players I think now this has gone on long enough the owners need to admit mistakes and bring in someone like Martin O'Neill otherwise I can see us heading to the championship what is needed is experience now and Kean definitely does not have that we need someone to arrest the slide before it's too late hopefully Mrs Desai's visit is to sort this out listening to Radio Rovers today am not impressed and will see the game later but doesn't look good!. Roversmum did I see you in the club shop after the WHU game with your husband afterwards?

Here is a crazy idea, but if things go really really bad and we lose the next three games, would it worth getting Tony Parkes in until the end of the season.

He did great before.

Only this time he doesn't have Ripley, Sutton, Gallacher, Hendry, Flowers, Wilcoxs, Sherwood, Le Saux, Berg

OMG how the he11 did Harford get us to 20th in the league.

Oh he was an unexperienced coach haha

You'd think Blackburn boss Steve Kean would need to change things around soon. You don't need three central defenders when you're 1-0 down at home.

Fair point from the commentary team at Yahoo Football...

And who, exactly, was there? I certainly wouldn't have put EH Diouf on, he would have started a ruck in no time and got himself sent off, plus he is too slow and would have had the ball taken off of him no question. Perhaps it might have been an idea to put Bunn on to give Robbo a hand ...

Mum, you could have come on and made more of a contribution than Emerton.

Probably not, LD, but Miss Roversmum was champing at the bit, she can be quite a handy footballer given the chance ;)

Most of the people I had spoken to wanted Sam out but thought it should have been done at the end of the season. That would have allowed us some time to find a new manager, time to bring in the players he wanted and a full pre-season for the manager to impose his tactical decisions/ideas. It was pretty much my viewpoint as well.

Plus it would of given us upto Xmas of the new season to judge whether the new manager was any good..

These circumstances are far from ideal, to say the least.

But I really don't think it is fair to blame SK, and really want to give him more of a chance. :rover:

I didn't think we were THAT bad in the first half, I was excited and enjoyed it. It felt like every time we tried to go forward there was a dirty tackle by Stoke, and the referee was just hideously unfair.

I was disappointed that the majority of the stadium was so quiet, think a bit of loud support is needed right now.

It isn't Kean's fault but, ultimately, he is a coach. Now, he may be a good coach but he ain't no manager.

If you are going to replace a personality (and gob and ego, for that matter) the size of Sam Allardyce's then it has to be someone who can come in and impose his will on some shaken players immediately.

We need them to appoint a manager.

Not a wannabe without a game to his name. Make him assistant of something if they wish, but get someone in who will take no bull, and has the achievements in their past to prove it.

Oh and no, I've no idea who either... :wacko:

• Backroom

I5t's entirely possible Kean will become a great manager, and I'm not going to judge the man based on two games.

However, this is the wrong situation for him to be cutting his managerial teeth in - and I mean that in every possible way. We should not be in the situation where we are giving somebody completely unknown "a chance" because "he might come good". A club like ours, during such a turbulent time, needs a strong and experienced manager to guide us through rough waters. We don't have that, and it's going to be a huge handicap to overcome.

I'm really too ###### to make a reasonable argument. However, if you sack a proven manager who has got a team who is obviously limited to the top half of the table, and then replace him with a number three who has never managed and the payers obviously dont want as manager, there is only going to be one result. To do this mid season just approaching a transfer window is reckless. Fact

Just out of interest, did the bookies pay up when Kean was made permanent? I cannot see him lasting the 10 matches unless his agent has a strong word with his adopted family in Pune and even that might not save him.

He wont be replaced until January is done and dusted, put a bet on that.

He wont be replaced until January is done and dusted, put a bet on that.

zero points from scumberland and baggies will be the end regardless of his agent......not like he picks who we sign sure the tealady gets as much input as him

deadman walking! finger on the trigger! and any other apt phrase

he could'nt say no to the job but that does'nt make it right and we owe him nothing so there should be no sentiment if he gets the bullet after 3-4 games.

then replace him with a number three who has never managed and the payers obviously dont want as manager,

So you are saying the players wanted Sam as manager when he arrived?

Oh no he was foisted upon them just like Kean or any other man they had emplyed in his stead :blink::blink:

Oh no he was foisted upon them just like Kean or any other man they had emplyed in his stead :blink::blink:

sam arrived as a proven manager and must have commanded respect following the ince and mathias circus

can imagine players saying how the hell are you the manager ffs to kean

my interpretation of the players mindset

They were 4 points from safety at the time and fighting amongst themselves after games. They were happy enough with anyone that gave them hope.

What do you think players who have escaped relegation under Sam, then followed it up with a semi-final and a top-half finish, think that an utterly unproven unknown would bring them?

They were 4 points from safety at the time and fighting amongst themselves after games. They were happy enough with anyone that gave them hope.

What do you think players who have escaped relegation under Sam, then followed it up with a semi-final and a top-half finish, think that an utterly unproven unknown would bring them?

Whoever comes in will still have to make a silk purse out of the sows ear squad Sam assembled

Archived