BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever comes in will still have to make a silk purse out of the sows ear squad Sam assembled

The squad that finished 10th last year and which probably would have finished higher this season with Sam still in charge. You're an idiot.

The squad that finished 10th last year and which probably would have finished higher this season with Sam still in charge. You're an idiot.

This squad would have finished higher than last season? Look in the mirror to find the idiot :blink:

The squad is a sows ear. A leaky defence, no midfield and the worst strikers since Ward and Blake. Come May Kean could yet achieve what Sam would of with this squad and that's 12th to 15th at best, and yet he may also acheive what Sam could have and take us down. nobody has a crystal ball.

Getting potted is the best PR Sam ever had. He's suddenly gone from a negative percentage man to a the 2nd coming.

Whilst I am not happy atall with the situation some of the reaction is rather hysterical. The players seem to be getting off scott free for putting in two diabolical shifts

This squad would have finished higher than last season? Look in the mirror to find the idiot :blink:

The squad is a sows ear. A leaky defence, no midfield and the worst strikers since Ward and Blake. Come May Kean could yet achieve what Sam would of with this squad and that's 12th to 15th at best, and yet he may also acheive what Sam could have and take us down. nobody has a crystal ball.

Getting potted is the best PR Sam ever had. He's suddenly gone from a negative percentage man to a the 2nd coming.

Whilst I am not happy atall with the situation some of the reaction is rather hysterical. The players seem to be getting off scott free for putting in two diabolical shifts

We all know it's a poor squad because of a lack of investment but that didn't stop Sam making the team difficult to beat (with a few exceptions), the team clubs dreaded playing against and safe and secure in mid-table with an excellent home record.

Many of us on here who know their football supported Sam and knew the good job he was doing. Getting rid of him was football suicide.

And you''re still an idiot.

I can't be an idiot because I never said this team would finish 9th and above ;)

Lack of investement?

Kalanic £6m who is incapable of playing the way Sam liked!!

Givet £4m

Diouf £1m

Chim-bloody-bonda £1.5m

a bit more than Hughes got for more semi-finals and a top 6 and 7 spot

Against his sacking once it was done you mean?

The people who were unhappy with his sacking was more to do with the timing and how we did it - not about getting rid of him. The amount of people who hated him, his style, his expert comments etc was huge.

Im sorry but from where I sit in N02 and also the reactions on here and in the pubs etc - it was VERY CLEAR that the majority where against Big Sam.....you get what you wish for I suppose!

Given our finances and status anybody who wanted Allardyce out must have trouble walking and talking at the same time. Their opinion is about as valid as that of an average amoeba in my book.

I noticed in the pub after the match many of the 'Allardyce out' amoebas have now changed tack to the 'I didn't like the way we played but I didn't want him sacked without a proper replacement' stage. Their triumphalism has been short lived. Prepare for any number of about turns from the clueless ones over the next month or so and really give em hell for their part in our impending demise. They have lined up with the Venkeys so make sure that they damned well stay there. I will have no truck with any of em.

Meanwhile the media are having a field day. The reporter on Radio Five gave the Venkeys both barrells, Linekar on MoTD started with 'Have the chicken farmers bought a turkey?' Be interesting to hear what Lord Haw Haw from the Mirror has to say good about the situation now.

Nothing detrimantal intended here but I have lost count of the number of people that I have seen in the past week who resemble Steve Keen.

Do you think that the owners will get shut of Kean if we lose at WBA,Sunderland & at home to Liverpool?

No the fans will. In two weeks he's already got more people who are against him in charge than Allardyce ever had. If the above happens his position will be untenable. Problem is that no manager of any quality will want to take over with the current owners in place.

I can't be an idiot because I never said this team would finish 9th and above ;)

Lack of investement?

Givet £4m

Diouf £1m

Chim-bloody-bonda £1.5m

I'm with Jim. I think you are too. Lets stick to basics. Do you think that with Allardyce in charge that we would still be on 22 points?

Lack of investement?

Givet £4m

Diouf £1m

Chim-bloody-bonda £1.5m

Hughes finished 10th in his last season with Rovers.

Sam finished 10th in his last full season with Rovers, and had a cup semi final to boot.

Hughes didn't have the might of City's spending above him, Spurs were rubbish for half of his time at Rovers, Villa didn't have money till late on in his spell, the likes of Birmingham and Sunderland weren't exactly spending huge amounts either.

I'm with Jim and Jimmy.

Oh give over FFS! The guys had a week, and people are already accusing him of being a bad manager, calling for his resignation. Stoke is not an easy game by any stretch of imagination (though that was one ofthe most abysmal games of football - if you can call it that- i've ever seen) and West Ham are our bogey team.

It's ridiculous to suggest it's Kean's fault, he's been here a week, how do you expect him to have changed anything? It takes good managers years to build good teams and anyway we still seem to be playing Sam's style of football (IE hoofball) would today's result have been any different if Sam had still been here? No amount of morale is going to change the height of that Stoke teamGive the guy a

chance before drawing any conclusions.

I agree it's definitley not the time of the season that's ideal for this chance but what's to say it's going to be like this every week. If this guy went to India to convince Mrs Desai he was the right man for the job then

1. She must have seen something in him and

2. It shows he has determination and isn't some plonker who is just going to sit on the sidelines like some are suggesting.

So let's have this conversation in a few weeks when we actually have seen more of the managers influence on the tean. Not after two games!

Dead man walking.They'll keep him until the end of January because they want a yes man for the transfers. If he doesn't pick up points immediately he'll be gone overnight. No sentimentality with this lot.

Nothing so far to suggest he's up to the job. Coaching and managing are 2 different things.

Whoever comes in will still have to make a silk purse out of the sows ear squad Sam assembled

Its a pity you didn't wait till January 1st to post this. We could have voted it worst post of 2011.

Oh give over FFS! The guys had a week, and people are already accusing him of being a bad manager, calling for his resignation. Stoke is not an easy game by any stretch of imagination (though that was one ofthe most abysmal games of football - if you can call it that- i've ever seen) and West Ham are our bogey team.

It's ridiculous to suggest it's Kean's fault, he's been here a week, how do you expect him to have changed anything? It takes good managers years to build good teams and anyway we still seem to be playing Sam's style of football (IE hoofball) would today's result have been any different if Sam had still been here? No amount of morale is going to change the height of that Stoke teamGive the guy a

I agree it's definitley not the time of the season that's ideal for this chance but what's to say it's going to be like this every week. If this guy went to India to convince Mrs Desai he was the right man for the job then

2. It shows he has determination and isn't some plonker who is just going to sit on the sidelines like some are suggesting.

So let's have this conversation in a few weeks when we actually have seen more of the managers influence on the tean. Not after two games!

Whilst I don't want him to fail, he's a puppet manager put in place by the owners who are in fantasy land. He should have gone to India and told them to be realistic. Instead he comes back spouting the top 5 hallucination that our owners have been talking of. He says that there were positives to be taken from yesterdays game. rolleyes.gif

Rovers finished top half in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Sam this squad and £5m would have finished top half again.

This guy is a puppet- of that I am as sure as I can be.

A well intentioned post jny, but good intentions mean little when we are using up games that we should be picking up points from. Unfortunately it's clear that Mrs Desai knows about as much about what qualities are required to be a Premier league manger as I do about snake charming. Take your mind back two years jny to Allardyces first week. The obvious impression from the first match, ironically also against Stoke, and compared to the previous weeks under Ince was that the players were actually playing for him. In a few days Allardyce had injected belief, pride and team spirit into a squad that had had it all drained away under Paul Ince. It was obvious to all that day that the team were on the front foot again. Yesterday it was equally obvious that the players weren't playing for the manager, to anybody with eyes in their head the players looked disjointed and dispirited. Leadership qualities are not defined by coaching qualifications or air miles.

Significantly MoM for me was the much maligned Pederson. He was certainly the pick of our all new but woeful 4 man midfield comprised of 3 wingers and a sad plodding reminder of what was once one of Englands finest young prospects. In spite of obvious reasons many people including plenty who should know better accused Allardyce of boycotting the midfield too much, against WHU and again yesterday we saw exactly why he did. From what we have seen in the last week if we are to avoid relegation we need to revert to a grinding 4-5-1 and getting points at whatever cost.

We were safe. Not playing playing great football but mid table. We take time to sell to a certain group who within weeks sack the manager appoint a third team coach with no managerial experience and put him in a changing room with a load of players with massive egoes. Then our captain wants to leave and the target replacement may be a guy from Norwich..who has not played in the premier!!

So what now.. if we lose the next three matches and sign a few players do we sack him ?... appoint another manager to keep us in the prem... (ummm we already had one in place) who then misses out on the another transfer window and has to work with what he has got!!

I need chearing up lads ..I just can't see new year being any better! Help!!

Kean leave now! You are out of your depth as manager. You are a coach NOT a manager.I will never understand the decision to sack Big Sam. He was the right manager for us and would have keep us up and maybe qualify for europe with a couple of good signings in January.

With Kean in Charge we are going down the league and to the Championship!

Watching the last 2 games, just remind me of Paul Ince and with his comments after both of the games. We will have to take the positives from the game. The problem was there isn't any positives from the games. We were afwul and didn't create any chances for the strikers and MOST IMPORTANT we didn't win.

I would rather win 1 nil than played attractive football and lose 4-3.

Football is about winning and entertainment!!!

can anyone seriously see us getting anything from the next few games ???? cos I cant Steve kean talks a good game but in actual fact the guy hasnt got a clue..PI spoke a good game as well...

unless we do start picking points up the only way this club is going is down to the championship

Archived