BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

Amo

ill be glad to see the back of fatty

Why post such rubbish?

I think he probably does need to call it a day, but I'll be the first to thank him for his time here.

He's not up to scratch now due to injuries, but he has more talent in his little finger than Keith.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linganzi

Why post such rubbish?

I think he probably does need to call it a day, but I'll be the first to thank him for his time here.

He's not up to scratch now due to injuries, but he has more talent in his little finger than Keith.

Why because I'm sick of the inevitable injurys. I'm sick of him resting on his local laurels , I'm sick of him not being in shape, I'm sick of the inevitable substitutions, I'm sick of his tedious untouchability. I'm sick of substandard midfielders like Andrews having to carry him when they are not good enough to and becoming the Target of helpful negative attention while dunn dines off a pass or two . He was once a good servant but not for a long time, his time is up

Why because I'm sick of the inevitable injurys. I'm sick of him resting on his local laurels , I'm sick of him not being in shape, I'm sick of the inevitable substitutions, I'm sick of his tedious untouchability. I'm sick of substandard midfielders like Andrews having to carry him when they are not good enough to and becoming the Target of helpful negative attention while dunn dines off a pass or two . He was once a good servant but not for a long time, his time is up

So your not a fan?

I'm sure he's sick of injuries too.

Last season a lot of us were talking about an England recall. He scored more goals than any midfielder outside the top three clubs. Last Rovers player born in Blackburn to play for England (whilst a Rover) before him? I can't think.

Even this season he's had his moments. The Liverpool game stands out for me - asked to play a deep central role and did it brilliantly.

No need for the bitter feeling, he's been a great player for us. It's hard to see him playing a long term role as first choice though.

Guest linganzi

Charity work very good, may as well keep busy credit for that.

He had a short spell last season but it was short and that's no good to us now

The charity effort is to be commended Dunny, who knows it might keep him out of the pub...

Fat Chance!

;-)

Russ,

Luckily for him he was sat in a pub in thrud whilst us mugs were sat in the stands at villa watching a truly dreadful performance. He must have known!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to pull you up on all the contradictions but I've only got five minutes spare.

Why is everyone saying he's past it just based on this season? he's playing as centre midfielder when everyone knows his best position is behind the striker,he's always been injury prone but still has a lot to offer in terms of his creativity and he's only a few games away from equalling last seasons amount of games played so i don't see what all the fuss is about, is Rooney past it because he's had a poor season?

Not really a like-for-like though, is it?

Rooney is what, 24/25? Nowhere near his peak yet and he's hardly injury prone.

Dunny's on the wrong side of 30, is injured as much as he's fit and it's fair to say that when he has played this season he's looked slow, tired off the pace and overweight.

You can only be judged on how well you perform and so far Dunny hasn't been anywhere near the form of last season.

At the start of the last season, lots of people were saying he was done, but after putting in some top performances most people altered their views.

Similarly, we had high hopes at the start of this season, but due to poor form and injury, people's opinions have gone down again.

It's completely in his hands - get fit, get yourself in shape and play well = everyone wins.

• 1 year later...

According to the caption in the Lancs Telegraph, Dunn is doing little to improve club relations.

522663_10151485999749707_2012293972_n.jpg

Brillient! There was a story in the old Darwen News once about a wedding which ended "and the bride was presented with an electric cock."

Archived