BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interested to see who the "11 new players on their way to Man Utd - the best money can buy" are during January to be signed to satisfy Wayne Rooney as reported by Mr Nixon in the paper.

Just so it can't be denied

They are still in the financial poo and no mistake.

Notice nothing in the article contains quotes or makes any definate statements. A work of creative writing if I have ever seen one.

Not written to sell papers to gullable, socially inadequate Mancs/cockneys per chance?

Will be interested to see who the "11 new players on their way to Man Utd - the best money can buy" are during January to be signed to satisfy Wayne Rooney as reported by Mr Nixon in the paper.

Just so it can't be denied

They are still in the financial poo and no mistake.

Notice nothing in the article contains quotes or makes any definate statements. A work of creative writing if I have ever seen one.

Not written to sell papers to gullable, socially inadequate Mancs/cockneys per chance?

2 month old article - related to United & Rooney...I fail to see why that is in the Big Sam to Burnley?!? :blink:

Big Sam eyes shock return to managerment with Burnley. Daily Mirror atricle written by Nicko and David Anderson

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sam-Allardyce-eyes-shock-return-to-management-with-Burnley-article660263.html

The last time Anderson and Nixon shared a by-line, the piece included criticism of Kentaro and nicko came on here to deny authorship!

Just trying to point out that perhaps you shouldn't believe everything that is made-up written in the papers.

Absolutely.

No chance of Sam going to Burnley, he's simply miles above their level.

It's like us trying to persuade Mourinho or Wenger their futures lie at Ewood.

If it was to somehow turn into more than tomorrow's chip paper, I'd find it extremely interesting...

Absolutely.

No chance of Sam going to Burnley, he's simply miles above their level.

It's like us trying to persuade Mourinho or Wenger their futures lie at Ewood.

If it was to somehow turn into more than tomorrow's chip paper, I'd find it extremely interesting...

So there's no chance, or there's a small chance?

The same bloke who reckoned Maradona was wanted at Ewood! :) :) :) :) :)

His inside info on Burnley left with Coyle i'm afraid.

Maradona was called or didn't you read that my six-fingered friend?

How's that Guidetti doing? Got that tale too. You won't be keeping him...

The last time Anderson and Nixon shared a by-line, the piece included criticism of Kentaro and nicko came on here to deny authorship!

Sam wants the job. My tale.

And the Shearer tale wasn't right, was it?

Quite what that previous story had to do with Kentaro is beyond me.

But I am sure you will have a theory.

• Backroom

If Allardyce takes the Burnley job then it's a really strange move to make. There will be better jobs available in due course that he would be seriously considered for.

Wonder how the Burnley fans would take to him?

If Allardyce takes the Burnley job then it's a really strange move to make. There will be better jobs available in due course that he would be seriously considered for.

Wonder how the Burnley fans would take to him?

It's a no brainer for him - and for them.

To be fair Big Sam would get them promoted in a heart beat.

Why wait for some duff Prem club in crisis when you have an easy project on your doorstep?

I know he is out for revenge. And I know the call has been made.

Burnley would be foolish to look anywhere else.

Why wait for some duff Prem club in crisis when you have an easy project on your doorstep?

Do you honestly think it's going to happen?

Do you honestly think it's going to happen?

Unless Burnley bottle it...

The feeler was put out today within an hour of the sacking.

Burnley would be mental to turn him down. Give him it until summer, hand him a huge bonus...job's a good un.

A no brainer for sam? How do you figure that one out Nicko???!

It's on his doorstep, they have a squad that should get them up and he can prove himself a winning manager.

I know he fancied a move abroad, but he shouldn't go down that line.

Prem jobs are NOT guaranteed to come up for him.

You can't wait for the ideal job...it never comes.

You take the best one available. And Burnley is a club in good nick thanks to the manager before last.

• Backroom

I agree that for Burnley it's a no-brainer, but for Allardyce? Not so sure. Rovers were paying him a fairly decent wage, could Burnley get anywhere near that, or is he willing to take a low wage?

So instead of getting a good manager to keep them in the PL they employ Brian Laws (football genius) to look after the pennies, but yet suddenly he is willing to splash the cash on Big Sam. Yet if he waits a few weeks he could potentially get a couple of PL jobs? Just doesn't quite add up somewhere.

So instead of getting a good manager to keep them in the PL they employ Brian Laws (football genius) to look after the pennies, but yet suddenly he is willing to splash the cash on Big Sam. Yet if he waits a few weeks he could potentially get a couple of PL jobs? Just doesn't quite add up somewhere.

Could is a big word.

He could wait all season and get nothing.

Is West Ham better than Burnley? He might think he would get Villa, but maybe not.

Any Prem job now is a gamble because it will be a club in crisis.

Burnley is a peach of a job. Below where they should be and with dough. They need a cert not a gamble.

O'Driscoll knocked them back last year, Brown is chasing it so hasn't got it and the other candidates are risks.

Big Sam is no risk.

I agree that for Burnley it's a no-brainer, but for Allardyce? Not so sure. Rovers were paying him a fairly decent wage, could Burnley get anywhere near that, or is he willing to take a low wage?

Sam has just been wedged up with a payment from Venkys. A very honourable and quick settlement, I would have to say.

So he could take a decent wage [maybe £20,000-a-week] and a £1 million bonus.

Works at all levels.

Archived