BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a no brainer for him - and for them.

To be fair Big Sam would get them promoted in a heart beat.

Why wait for some duff Prem club in crisis when you have an easy project on your doorstep?

I know he is out for revenge. And I know the call has been made.

Burnley would be foolish to look anywhere else.

Totally agree nicko. Sam lives locally, which is a big bonus as he loves the north west. He doesn't have to move, it's the sort of club he thrives at - just like Bolton and Rovers - and they are still in touch with the play-off places. Burnley would be mad to look elsewhere when there is a guy with a proven track record on the doorstep. However, we are talking about Burnley and after appointing Laws to follow Coyle, I'm not convinced that, left to their own devices, they'll make the obvious choice. I suspect they might go down the popular route and appoint Alexander.

Sam has links with North End, having worked their before, perhaps they might be able to find the cash to entice him? He would certainly do a good job for either club.

Totally agree nicko. Sam lives locally, which is a big bonus as he loves the north west. He doesn't have to move, it's the sort of club he thrives at - just like Bolton and Rovers - and they are still in touch with the play-off places. Burnley would be mad to look elsewhere when there is a guy with a proven track record on the doorstep. However, we are talking about Burnley and after appointing Laws to follow Coyle, I'm not convinced that, left to their own devices, they'll make the obvious choice. I suspect they might go down the popular route and appoint Alexander.

Sam has links with North End, having worked their before, perhaps they might be able to find the cash to entice him? He would certainly do a good job for either club.

Well if Hemmings is ever going to splash some of his cash on North End now would be a great time to do it. Cant see any reasons why Sam would take the PNE job

Made me smile this story, good luck to Sam, the clubs where his level is which is getting clubs into pl or saving them in there. Burnley should be grateful getting one of the top 6 managers in the pl managing them lol!

Made me smile this story, good luck to Sam, the clubs where his level is which is getting clubs into pl or saving them in there. Burnley should be grateful getting one of the top 6 managers in the pl managing them lol!

Bit harsh imy

Sam had to make it to the prem the hard way but has been a prem manager for the majority of the last ten years. In that time he has had numerous top ten finishes and qualified for europe. Only once has he come close to going down.

Read the quote with your Eh! ;)

Edit, Oh never mind.

I saw what you changed in my quote, I just don't see what the changes brought to the table. I assume you've cracked a personal joke that is far too cryptic for me to understand.

Why would we as supporters, give Sam grief for taking the Dingle job?

Rovers (Or Venkys) sacked him, he wanted to stay!

I honestly feel that Sam may take a short term job here to take them to the Premiership and have a clause as such in his contract, if he took them up, his stock would still be high, has the nucleus of a decent squad there and from my contacts, Sam is very much a players man and though there will be odd exceptions, gets on extremely well with his players, he would do well at The Dingledome and I hate to say that, as I want them to stay in the Championship.

However we look at the situation, ask yourselves what he would have achieved with our squad and say Gerrard and Torres?

Liverpool are in freefall, need restructuring and need organisation, especially at the back, Sam could do a job there too.

The problem with having really good players in your squad is that clubs like Rovers are not going to keep them long term, then they have to be replaced, thats where the problem is and that is why we should have stayed the way we were with Sam.

Wigan played really well yesterday but they are inconsistant, nevertheless played good football, to do that consistently takes years,

look at Arsenal, for me the best footballing side in the prem, now having to do a bit of bullying to remain consistant.

So wherever Sam goes he will do OK, I just hope its not Burnley as I have had a feeling from the beginning, he will in some way come back and haunt us. As for revenge, if any one of us,as an employee in our respective jobs, were sacked unfairly, wouldnt you want to stick it up them big style? I know I would.

Bit harsh imy

Sam had to make it to the prem the hard way but has been a prem manager for the majority of the last ten years. In that time he has had numerous top ten finishes and qualified for europe. Only once has he come close to going down.

Sorry the anti Burnley sentiment crept in there, you are of course right. :brfcsmilie:

Absolutely.

No chance of Sam going to Burnley, he's simply miles above their level.

It's like us trying to persuade Mourinho or Wenger their futures lie at Ewood.

If it was to somehow turn into more than tomorrow's chip paper, I'd find it extremely interesting...

Hmmmm! Was Kenny D not miles above our level when he was appointed at Ewood? I rather think that was the point in doing it!

The only saving grace in this line of thought is: Who is going to finance Burnley's attempt to copy our 1991 effort?

Can't see Messrs Flood and Kilby coming up with that sort of cash........but then again; that's probably why they want Big Sam. He's well used to managing on zero cash aint he?

I was referring to the previous article co-authored by Anderson and Nixon, not this latest one.

FACT it knocked Kentaro

FACT nicko denied authorship on this MB.

Are you off your trolley?

The 'previous' article was a story by David Anderson about Shearer wanting the job.

I did the section that said Kean would be given it in the short-term.

You really are troubled.

Make your mind up - at the time you were cracking on that he wasn't offered the job for being dull as flip.

O'Driscoll met them. He told them he didn't fancy their facilities and pulled out. Laws got the call after that.

Keep up.

The 'previous' article was a story by David Anderson about Shearer wanting the job.

You really are troubled.

O'Driscoll met them. He told them he didn't fancy their facilities and pulled out. Laws got the call after that.

Keep up.

So do you think Sam would take the job if offered Alan?

You really are troubled.

Keep up.

You've changed your story. Blimey, that's not like you at all is it.

So do you think Sam would take the job if offered Alan?

Yes.

The call went in yesterday from his camp to establish two things.

1...is the job taken?

2...would they be interested?

The answer to 1 is no. Alexander will probably be in charge while they talk to people. Brown is trying to get people to put in a good word, so he isn't over the line. O'Driscoll reckons he could get something that suits him more.

The answer to 2 is down to the Burnley board. I don't know what the politics of the board is these days. You have Flood, Kilby and a couple of newbies.

If they have the bottle, then it really is a perfect fit.

Somebody point out yesterday that Sam has been at Bolton, Preston, Blackpool and Rovers. There should not be any 'prejudice' issues around.

There isn't a better manager to take them up.

You've changed your story. Blimey, that's not like you at all is it.

Nugget.

I warned people putting bets on O'Driscoll on the morning of the interview - when Sky Sports News reported it - that they should be careful and not waste their money.

The reasoning - before the interview - was that he is quiet, studious chap and there was every chance of the thing going wrong.

Funnily enough, it did.

Laws got the call after O'Driscoll pulled out.

Keep up.

Gotta be worth a couple of quid.

Not yet.

Archived