BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea tickets

Adults £47 lower, £50 upper shed and £23.50 for juniors.

Allocation 1552.

I somehow think they will be getting a large number of those back.

Away fans never had it so good as they do at Ewood, by the time you put your train fare, car share price with a few to many pints and food you will be looking around £120 to watch a match. :(

My link

Even so, there were some Chelsea supporting idiots standing up in front of us. The sight-lines are pretty poor in the lower end too. We'll be there, to support Rovers, but I bitterly resent giving Chelsea a penny of our hard-earned.

last year's Chelsea away was possibly the most depressing away games I've ever been to.

- Didn't see a single other Rovers fan from leaving the tube station to seeing Roversmum inside the ground

- they didn't serve beer

- about 200 fans at most in the bottom tier, most of whom weren't even Rovers fans I don't think. The lads in front of us were all american, with Chelsea shirts underneath their jumpers, and jumped up every time Chelsea scored.

- stewards were annoying, kept standing in the way. For £50 I at least want to see what is happening.

- got pasted 5-0.

bad times!

Indeed. Although weren't the lads struggling with Swine Flu? Let's hope they don't have a relapse for this game ...

The Stewards were absolutely shocking. We got no end of abuse from the Chelsea fans nearby too. Banter is one thing but that was entirely another.

I must admit that the annual trip to Chelsea is always one of favourite away games. I know it's insanely expensive, but I regard it as one of the more traditional venues - despite the fact that the ground, rather like Ewood Park, has under gone complete renovation.

I don't know what the lower tier is like, we always sit in the upper tier, but the view from up top is pretty good. Never had any problems with stewards etc at that ground, in fact, quite the reverse, I've usually found folk quite friendly.

I even enjoyed last season's game. I thought the performance of Chelsea that day was one of the best team performances I have seen for many a year. World class players all clicking at the same time - magical stuff but, sadly, against the Rovers.

I agree the pricing is outrageous, although this is the first price increase for a while - £48 in the upper tier for past three years. However, all the London clubs are moving upwards in their pricing - even Fulham, which was always one of the cheapest.

Sadly, Chelsea know that if we don't take up our full allocation they can always sell the tickets to their own supporters. It merely underlines how difficult it is for the Rovers to generate income compared with many of the other clubs in this League. There is no doubt that Premier League football is becoming an increasingly expensive form of entertainment and, at the moment, there appears to be no end in sight to these price rises.

Unfortunately, as you know, we have to sit in the lower tier where the disabled supporters' places are. Carers have to sit some distance away but as these seats are at the back of the main area other supporters usually claim them so it's a case of grab where you can. Horrid corner, low roof as well.

I went last year - think it was £45 for the cheapest ticket. With train ticket, night out, food etc thrown in you are easy looking at £150+

Wouldn't usually mind that too much but the most dissapointing thing last year was that we didn't even turn up. 5-0 flattered us!

Most interesting thing I remember about that game is that I was sat about 2 seats to the right of Steven N'zonzi's dad and family. Never seen a prouder man

Unfortunately, as you know, we have to sit in the lower tier where the disabled supporters' places are. Carers have to sit some distance away but as these seats are at the back of the main area other supporters usually claim them so it's a case of grab where you can. Horrid corner, low roof as well.

When my daughter went to work in London the first perk she spotted was that she got 2 free premier league tickets. Immediately said to her dad that they'd go to Stamford Bridge as, along with the Emirates it's the highest price tickets. 2 freebies turned up in the post the other day - £63 each - so it's the France show (really cheap tickets if you booked in advance) in the morning, Stamford Bridge in the afternoon and lunch with family in a restaurant in Chiswick on Sunday lunchtime. Dad booked his train tickets well in advance too and got a really good offer so a very cheap weekend all round. Lovely if it all works out.

Agree with you there roversmum. Many clubs seem to treat disabled supporters as an after thought with no care as to where they sit and suitability of the position.

I was there last year, sat in the chelsea end as friend gave me a ticket. Will be going again this year, we'll get hammered and laughed at due to 25 people in the away end. Tickets are a rip off. Have to say we could steal a few ideas on how to create an atmosphere, the guy on the mic is class we should follow suit, giant flags around the pitch etc, why don't we do this?

I was there last year, sat in the chelsea end as friend gave me a ticket. Will be going again this year, we'll get hammered and laughed at due to 25 people in the away end. Tickets are a rip off. Have to say we could steal a few ideas on how to create an atmosphere, the guy on the mic is class we should follow suit, giant flags around the pitch etc, why don't we do this?

Atmosphere at Stamford Bridge? Day tripper central! The atmosphere is created by the club themselves.

Agree with you there roversmum. Many clubs seem to treat disabled supporters as an after thought with no care as to where they sit and suitability of the position.

I must say, I do have a big issue with Rovers about our own provision, and I intend to write to Mrs D about it. It's all very well saying we've all these places pitchside, but they are not necessarily suitable, especially when it rains, and as some of the disabled fans have difficulty with head movement they are not necessarily best suited there. It's part of the comfort zone mentality that has been prevalent in certain areas of the club.

Apologies for the digression.

Why don't Rovers charge similar prices to Chelsea fans when they visit Ewood? They will have a much better experience, better sight lines, friendly stewards, beer etc. and if they are prepared to pay those sums for home games why don't we make a few bob off them in return and use it to fund free coaches to the next Chelsea away game and take the sting out of their outrageous prices?

Why don't Rovers charge similar prices to Chelsea fans when they visit Ewood? They will have a much better experience, better sight lines, friendly stewards, beer etc. and if they are prepared to pay those sums for home games why don't we make a few bob off them in return and use it to fund free coaches to the next Chelsea away game and take the sting out of their outrageous prices?

You're not allowed to. You can't charge more to away fans than you do to home fans in a similar location. ie, we cant charge Darwen End upper tickets more than Blackburn End upper.

There's ways round it i.e. memberships etc, but generally you cant do it.

Archived