BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

You can't read anything of the sort into the fact that one individual player has stated he might fancy a move if the likes of Arsenal/ManUre came in.

But it does go against the messages that are continually being put out by Kean, the club, and the local rag.

Samba is just one of how many more players that are all supposedly behind the extremely limited manager.

For me the core of the team is Robinson, Samba, Jones x2, Hoilett, Ollson and N'Zonzi non of these guys should be leaving at all.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

JAL - Can we presume that from Warnock wanting to leave that the players weren't behind Sam Allardyce?

JAL - Can we presume that from Warnock wanting to leave that the players weren't behind Sam Allardyce?

Dont know, why, did big Sam say something similar at the time regarding players like Warnock being behind him.

For me Warnock was a liability as a defender and its shown at Aston Villa as hes no longer in the team think the Walkers trust made a steal on the scouse pretender at the time. This is also another good reason why the club should not employ Martin O'Neil as the manager at Rovers.

Great muck and nettles defender, just the man for when you're under a siege like the last 10 minutes last Saturday and probably 80 minutes for the next two games. Get a boot or head to it , doesn't matter where it goes- that's Samba. Top four defender -no. I don't think he's got the powers of concentration required for those teams and he certainly hasn't got the ball skills / passing ability you need a that level. Could see him go to the likes of Spurs though. 'Arry's got a soft spot for him.

Btw, when did he sign a new contract? February?

And he's already talking of leaving again. Hardly shocking in today's climate but still proves what a shambles this game has become.

• 4 weeks later...

ChrisSamba4 Christopher Samba

my final decision will make many fans happy, but others sad. thats football.

Phil I think we've established that that twitter account (despite what it says) isn't him.

• Backroom

ChrisSamba4 Christopher Samba

my final decision will make many fans happy, but others sad. thats football.

Apparently It's a fake account according to Jason roberts and Phil jones

Rovers are in the ###### and he goes on about wanting to leave which is completely unacceptable, he's the captain he should be trying to get the players fired up not talking about his own future. If he wants to discuss his future then it should be when the season is finished, not with two important games coming up.

Don't worry Kean will get RSC in and he will score so many goals we wont need a defence. :rolleyes:

RSC can convert chances, he just need them supplied. For the 6 months he was here, i did not see much evidence he was given the oportunity as he was with Bentley suppling. RSC is no one man goal machine.

• Moderation Lead

RSC can convert chances, he just need them supplied. For the 6 months he was here, i did not see much evidence he was given the oportunity as he was with Bentley suppling. RSC is no one man goal machine.

Erm, I can remember at least 2 sitters he missed off the top of my head!

He didn't even look interested half of the time!

Archived