BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the Samba situation, excellent work by Kean.

Excellent work Rev?

If Kean hadn't gone to the media quoting Samba's agent, this scenario wouldn't have happened. Sam handled the Samba situation brilliantly.

Excellent work Rev?

If Kean hadn't gone to the media quoting Samba's agent, this scenario wouldn't have happened. Sam handled the Samba situation brilliantly.

Den, with respect, as someone who has come out as very pro Sam Allardyce following his sacking, I feel you are just looking for any possible stick with which to beat the new owners and by association Steve Kean with.

I honestly feel Kean has acted impeccably throughout the Samba situation which seems to be a bit of a mountain out of a molehill anyway.

If you want to complain Kean has only taken four points out of twelve, then fine I think that's a far more valid area of concern.

Den, with respect, as someone who has come out as very pro Sam Allardyce following his sacking, I feel you are just looking for any possible stick with which to beat the new owners and by association Steve Kean with.

I honestly feel Kean has acted impeccably throughout the Samba situation which seems to be a bit of a mountain out of a molehill anyway.

If you want to complain Kean has only taken four points out of twelve, then fine I think that's a far more valid area of concern.

Sorry Rev, but you just made a comment about Samba, in the Samba Reinstated as Captain topic about the way Kean has handled the situation "excellently" - but you don't want an alternative view, and don't answer the point made because the situation was only a mountain out of a molehill - and comes from a biased poster?

How the heck does this work then?

PS, I only ever backed Sam where I thought he was being hard done to, by posters such as yourself. I was, and still am quite happy to debate his shortcomings.

After his recent comments, appreciate some fans would not be too bothered to see the back of him, but for me, it will be a sad day if/when Samba leaves the club. Of course people will say if he does not want to play for us he can sod off etc.

He is still prone to the odd error & rash sending off, but when playing well he is our best defender.

Also, I fondly remember his massive contribution, playing as a striker, when he was very influential in helping us to stay up.

So Samba, despite apparently being unlucky not to face West Brom, didn't travel at all today. Further trouble ahead? A call from Spurs or Arsenal? Me being paranoid?

I thought he had a pre-match fitness test up at Sunderland?

You can understand that ........ it's a long way on foot ..... Spin me another one Mr Kean.

To be fair, it was in question whether Samba would be fit or not in any case. Wouldn't it make sense to leave it for a few more days, with Liverpool coming up? I'd rather have Samba fit for that.

Samba still wants out:

Blackburn captain Chris Samba has repeated his desire to quit Ewood Park after claiming he does not want to be part of the club under new owners Venky's.

One of the first things the India-based poultry firm did on taking over was sack Sam Allardyce and give his job to then coach Steve Kean.

In the days after, Samba was quoted as saying he was ready to hand in a transfer request, although Kean confirmed only last week that had not happened.

Since then the club's owners have hit the headlines again by going public with ambitious bids to sign AC Milan forward Ronaldinho and take former England captain David Beckham on loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Samba has expressed his dismay at Venky's handling of matters at the club and believes it is now time to leave.

"This is my fifth season here. I've had ups and downs but now I don't want to waste any more time," said the centre-back, who is set to return after a three-match injury-enforced absence to face Liverpool at home on Wednesday.

"New owners have arrived, they have fired the coach when he saved us from relegation two years ago.

"The least they could have done is come to us and explained their project.

"They haven't done that, it's a lack of respect. I don't want to be part of it."

Samba also expressed his suspicion that Kean would be given the transfer funds to make Blackburn the top-five club which the owners believe is possible.

"He (Kean) told me he had resources to build a good team. We'll see," Samba told L'Equipe.

"Today I want to go higher and I wonder if Blackburn can take me there. I'll take time to think."

Kean, to his credit, has stressed he needs to build a side on solid foundations rather than parachuting in marquee names.

However, Samba's comments are not helpful to him as he seeks to halt a run which has seen his side take four points from the last five matches.

"The way we are with injuries at the moment and the stability of the squad hopefully we can add four or five other players and then if we can get another big name like that (of Ronaldinho) it will be the icing on the cake," said the Rovers boss.

"Once we can get all the injured players back we can get up into a bracket where we are solid and looking to push beyond the top 10 and then you can attract players easier.

"If we can get stable and into the top 10 we can then look forward to the next transfer window.

"When we spoke with the owners we said if there was a potential marquee player - and there are four or five that spring to mind and two have been mentioned in Ronaldinho and David Beckham - we would love to have them here.

"If we can get solid, reliable foundations and then sprinkle a little bit of magic on top of that then fantastic but it certainly comes from a solid base.

"But trying to bring someone of that calibre to the club is fantastic and shows our intention to be active in this transfer market."

Anuradha Desai, chairman of Venky's, went public with their plans to sign the 30-year-old Ronaldinho with the lure of a £20million-plus three-year contract.

"He is keen to play in the EPL (English Premier League) and I think that goes in our favour," she told BBC Radio Lancashire, stressing the Brazilian's wages would not be a problem.

"To be precise [it is] 7.6million euros (£6.5million) for the first year and about 8.5million euros (£7.2million) for the second and third years."

Desai also said the club had made attempts to secure former England captain Beckham on loan from the Galaxy, adding that the club were "open whenever he is ready to come".

Although on one hand he says "I don't want to be a part of it" and the other hand he says "I'll take time to think". Wonder what this will do to him being reinstated as captain?

I'll admit that Samba was one of my favorites but after these latest quotes he can go....he talks about respect but questioning the honesty of the manager and talking about how the owners didn't show him respect is ridiculous....as long as they pay his wages they owe him nothing and he should shut it until he is sold

I said the first time with t4E that Samba was out of order and he was cowardly in his actions and underhand, i sense a move to Villa is what he wants, he is going to look a real t*t when we start buying top players- well heres hoping anyway!

Archived