BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

If they are true, what does that say about Kean? Fooled by Samba? Or foolish?

To be fair (trying to be positive) here but most of the stuff seems like the old statements and he does say I want time to think about it. Disappointing to have these printed the night before a big game when he is supposed to be captain again.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of revenge on our owners is sensed here IMO, Venky deals them a bum steer yesterday and I'm pretty sure that the LT have lifted to story from L'Equipe

Translated version. My link

Some of these have to be old quotes.

La moindre des choses aurait été qu'ils se présentent à nous et qu'ils nous expliquent leur projet. The smallest things would they come to us and they could explain their project. Ils ne l'ont pas fait, c'est un manque de respect. They have not done is a lack of respect. Je n'ai pas envie de faire partie de ça». I do not want to be part of it. "

Sell him, cant stand players having hissy fits, they dont know how lucky they are to be role models for young kids and get paid as much as they do. They need to learn the world does'nt revolve around them.

His performances had been slipping badly especially the last few matches under Sam, his heart did'nt seem to be in it, he was the most important player under Sam but now I dont think he would be missed as much as some people make out.

but what is this, this is impossible, didn't Kean just reinstate him as captain and say that all the problems have been sorted out?

Is there no source left that we can trust out there? Everything seems to be totally contradicting information.

I'll reserve judgement until Samba comes out and makes a statement in the LET. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is old news recycled. If not then he has to go - but only at a price that Rovers are willing to sell for.

For now - and especially tomorrow night - all Rovers fans need to reserve judgement until something official is announced.

It's just journalists twisting the knife. I'd bet money on this being misquoted garbage and Samba not actually leaving.

You are definitely right about journalists twisting the knife. Have you seen the Daily Mail article - infers that he wants to go even though we are looking to sign Ronaldinho and Beckham - and then surprise surpise no direct qoutes from Samba about either player.

Ironic that Roque could be returning as history repeats itself with Samba.

What odds that he'll have a knock or little niggle preventing him playing tomorrow?

Very disappointed in Samba. Why can't players leave us with their head held high rather than showing such disrespect? Especially players whose careers we've salvaged or created?

Disgusted.

Do we have any french speakers who can give us a better translation than Google?

If he plays Wednesday against Liverpool *, Christopher Samba does not carry the armband around your arm

That says to me he will not be captain, yet we are told he has been re-instated. If this is new information, it contradicts that. On the other hand, it could easily be read as a regurgitation of what has happened so far.

The quote about not being part of it is very similar to the original one at the time.

"The episode off the cuff was rapidly digested"

And then later in the article the quotes indicate he will take the time to see if he can go higher with Blackburn.

Which sounds very similar to what has already happened no? And again, despite big juicy alarm bells ringing over his availability the only club he is getting linked with is Villa, whom may or may not represent a higher step.

Like a few other posters, I'll keep my pitchfork sheathed for the moment.

Paul Plunkett has told me they are fresh comments

I'm assuming the "fresh" comments are these:

"He (Kean) told me he had resources to build a good team. We'll see," Samba added.

"Today I want to go higher and I wonder if Blackburn can take me there. I'll take time to think."

Read: "I am ambitious and Kean has promised me that my ambitions will be matched by the club, so I will stay and see."

I don't expect him to give anything but 100% against Liverpool and expect him to stay at least until the end of the season. I think the fact that he has higher ambitions has been made pretty clear.

His comments are on the BBC website also.

here.

Silly boy, looks like another one to the Premiership scrapheap.

Its all a rehash of the same article in L'equipe. If Paul Plunkett says they are new comments why is there no direct quote from Samba to the LT. Surely the LT have the ability to ring Samba to confirm or deny the comments before going to press.

The timing and content of this article is appalling by the LT

Its all a rehash of the same article in L'equipe. If Paul Plunkett says they are new comments why is there no direct quote from Samba to the LT. Surely the LT have the ability to ring Samba to confirm or deny the comments before going to press.

The timing and content of this article is appalling by the LT

I thought the same.

Perhaps they are still smarting from getting their info so wrong over the last couple of days.

Roll on 11.00

Can't blame him to be fair, he's a professional and we're run like amateurs at all levels. Every team in the land will of been having lunch watching Sky sports news pissing themselves at our once well run club. We outdoing Newcastle on a daily basis, He will be one of many to jump ship

Archived