BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WANT TO LEAVE

Obviously people have ignored my posts, but it's obvious that the articles published by English media are virtually fabricated and based on misinterpreted quotes. Everything from pronouns to tense weren't translated properly.

His comments to L'Equipe were very respectful to Rovers, he does NOT want out.

Keep hold of him now and move on. Losing Samba is counter-productive to what we want to achieve.

I really hope you're right. Good night :)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looked a little quiet compared to previously but his celebrations spoke volumes. Lets be fair under Sam we wouldnt have raced to a 3-0 need against Liverpool. Doesnt mean its all rosy at the club but on the pitch the players can see results and arent blind.

From the TV coverage Samba was one of the first into the melee of joyous players celebrating goals one & two.

The cameras followed Benjani after goal number three, but others on here have reported that Samba went over to celebrate with Steve Kean.

Here's hoping this want away stuff is all over with and has been nothing but a storm in a teacup... :)

I think the Liverpool game really underlined why Big Chris has to stay, or at least make us a pretty penny. Just having him in the team gives us a psychological advantage. Strikers will always be mindful that when they receive the ball, King Kong will be breathing down their neck. Torres just didn't look up for the fight, which left Samba to lead from the back.

Samba's an invaluable part of our team, on a long-term deal, nearing the prime of his career. All this talk of £6-8m valuations is quite frankly pitiful. If his mind is made up, then we've got to be talking £15m+.

Torres just didn't look up for the fight, which left Samba to lead from the back.

Torres is finished as a Liverpool player. He and Reina have given up on the club and are just waiting for the summer when they can leave.

Agree with your remarks about Samba - his best years are just ahead of him and it would be a great shame to lose him.

What a frightening site for the opposition seeing Samba running through their MF with the ball at his feet, another who's leach seems to have been removed.

As said befroe he will only get better as he reads the game better and improves his positional play even more.

If Samba wants to leave I wouldn't blame them.

So these new owners have so called ambitions for the club and in that vision it is to let the team captain one of the better players leave in the first transfer window available when they are claiming Rovers will not be a selling club, yeah OK.

You'll be telling me next Ronaldinho is close to signing for Rovers.

:wstu:

It's been clarified by Samba and Kean mutltiple times now that Samba said he would consider moving to a bigger club for Champions League football, but he is happy here and doesn't want to leave. People seem to cling on to the rubbish about him wanting out as much as they do to our supposed 5 million transfer budget.

We want to keep our best players and as Topman pointed out, it's not just about his ability as a player, but his influence and presence on the pitch that gives the team confidence and strikes fear into the opposition. If Samba is an ambitious player, as he claims, then we want to channel that ambition into good performances for our club.

In the absence of other evidence, I'd say his dislike of what is happening at Rovers is the trigger. As team captain, he will have some insight into the chaos that Rovers have descended into.

Great we have won on the field of play but behind the scenes it is an utter shambles.

I think the Liverpool game really underlined why Big Chris has to stay, or at least make us a pretty penny. Just having him in the team gives us a psychological advantage. Strikers will always be mindful that when they receive the ball, King Kong will be breathing down their neck. Torres just didn't look up for the fight, which left Samba to lead from the back.

Samba's an invaluable part of our team, on a long-term deal, nearing the prime of his career. All this talk of £6-8m valuations is quite frankly pitiful. If his mind is made up, then we've got to be talking £15m+.

Spot on Topman, if we can, we need to persuade him to stay, and if he really wants to leave, then others should pay top dollar, last thing we need is him to go for chicken feed (Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'll get me coat!)

Archived