BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Reinstated as Captain

Valois

It's been clarified by Samba and Kean mutltiple times now that Samba said he would consider moving to a bigger club for Champions League football, but he is happy here and doesn't want to leave. .

I haven't seen this quote-where did you get it?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen this quote-where did you get it?

Kean has mentioned multiple times that Samba is happy and wants to stay and that he never handed in a transfer request.

In the L'Equipe article there is a statement of clarification on Samba's comments about "not wanting to waste time" supposedly in relation to wanting to leave immediately.

It roughly translates to:

"By no means have I forgotten my obligation to Blackburn. I am here today because of them. As for the rest, it is true that I aspire to work in a bigger club. But like all players, I think."

As far as I can tell, he is saying "I aspire to play at a higher level at a bigger club, but I am not decided on leaving, if Blackburn can match my ambitions then I will happily stay and perform my duties as I haven't forgotten all they have done for me".

This is in line with Kean's statements and makes the most sense. Not this rubbish that he wants to go, he doesn't want go, he wants to go again etc.

Anyway if he does leave and it's to a club like Villa I'll be very surprised.

Exactly miker.

The player does not want to go to Villa but if Arsenal or Spurs come in he would have expected the old regime at Rovers to honour their agreement with him that if the fee were OK they would not block his move.

Unlike our owners track record in the last four weeks, I'd say Samba's communications have been consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

Kean hoping Samba signs today

Hes been saying things several things during the last week, and I end up being just as dissapointed when it doesnt happen :mellow:

But well, the journos keeps asking, so I guess he has to say something when they do...

Did Roque not sign an improved contract before he left, new contracts are not worth the paper they are drawn up on.

I'll believe he is staying when the window closes in September.

Exactly, if he was that committed to the cause he would have signed a week ago.

Instead he has hung around until the transfer window closed, no one better came in and earned himself a pay rise until he leaves in summer.

Did Roque not sign an improved contract before he left, new contracts are not worth the paper they are drawn up on.

I'll believe he is staying when the window closes in September.

Still makes a bit more difficult for him to leave, also we will demend more money from bidders. The fact that Santa had just signed a contract went a long way to getting a massive 17.5 million for him.

If anything this contract means purchasing samba will cost another team A LOT A LOT of money

Archived