BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mevlut Erdinc - PSG fox in the box, thrives of service but is a 15 goal + striker. Turkish international.

Lewis McGugan - box to box midfielder currently excelling at Nottm Forest

Joe Allen - Box to box midfielder, 20 so allot more to come! West ham are intrested too.

Ashley Williams - Possible cb option, plays for Swansea, 23.

Curtis Davies - Possible cb option

Sega Keita - 18 He's going to be the next Zidane, plays for Troyes in France. Think abit like taarabt too.

Nils Petersen - We all know him by now but the young german target man

Sylvain Monsoreau - In the Givet mould but an out and out left back. 29 so be his last big move.

Karim Aït-Fana - Plays for Montpeiller in france, could be the next big thing to come from there, very pacy winger can play on either side.

Simon Vuckcevic - Sporting CP midfielder, can play wide left or float behind the striker, Not playing in portugal and a price tag of 4 million.

Just a few names anyways to float around... Perhaps eddie can give us some more info on the french lads.

shaun wright phillips anyone ?

on 80k a week apparently, sod that for an idea.......bridge apparently on 90k stopping him going wham which is quite simply frightening.

would'nt mind o'hara, he'll surely move sometime, just a bit too cockney for my liking could see him doing really well then throwing a bentley style strop to go back 'saath'.

Charlie Adam and I'd be happy :)

Me 2, quality player, and I think he will be our main target, question will be if Blackpool are willing to sell. I reckon if they do, they will struggle for the rest of the season.

I thinks its safe to say its going to be an interesting and exciting month one way or another. I wonder how long it will take for people to start panicking and complaining because we havent signed anyone by the end of next week.

Just a word on the players City are looking to get rid of, surely the players are not expecting to get anything like the salaries thy are on at Man City, and if they do, surely Man City are going to have to contribute to their salaries, like Leeds hsd to do with Fowler etc when they sold them.

Four players looking to sign, 1'st day of window and not one player linked, fantastic stuff, I hope you guys are better at signing players than managers.

Learn this now, This is a time for you to state your intent, I would hazard a guess that we will only sign one player and that is if Samba is sold, the three player's we wanted to sign will dissapear into, we just could'nt get the job done.

We have seen it all before and I will apologise if I am wrong but im sorry, no players linked, millions to spend to improve the team, but we have barely seen one player linked, either someone is very good at business, or very bad.

Tick Tock.

Four players looking to sign, 1'st day of window and not one player linked, fantastic stuff, I hope you guys are better at signing players than managers.

Learn this now, This is a time for you to state your intent, I would hazard a guess that we will only sign one player and that is if Samba is sold, the three player's we wanted to sign will dissapear into, we just could'nt get the job done.

We have seen it all before and I will apologise if I am wrong but im sorry, no players linked, millions to spend to improve the team, but we have barely seen one player linked, either someone is very good at business, or very bad.

Tick Tock.

Are you actually been serious here? Why would we want the players we are linked with to become public? I would much rather things are kept behind closed doors. From what has been clearly communicated to the media, by Steve Kean, is that a list has been drawn up be him, with the assistance of our scouts, and that said list has been submitted to the owners. I actually can not believe people are going into meltdown already, god help us in one weeks time.

What difference would it make if we are linked with players in the press anyway? 9 times out of 10 they get it wrong anyway. And correct me if i'm wrong, but have we not been linked with players over the last few weeks? I'm pretty sure we have, Romeu, Keane, Adam, Bentley, Santa Cruz,Traore, Petersen, Gudjohnsen, and so on. Quite frankly I wouldnt be surprised if we were not in for half of the ones I have listed there, talk your transfer romours with a large pinch of salt.

Get a grip man! We've had two hours of the transfer window, not two weeks. Come back then and see where we are, if we haven't signed anybody have a moan then.

I prefer to have moan now, do you know how hard it is to sign a player inside the window? Not to mention 4, which we need.

Pick one player, who will not sign because his club do not want to sell him because they cant find a replacement, oh wait, then you get the player that thinks he can play higher up, which makes you wait until all others knock him back, or there is the guy with a massive point to prove, who's club want shut, but the buyer dont want to seem to keen or he will have to drop the price.

Get the point yet? stop being so naive, If you want three to four players in the window you better have 2 of them set up or you are going to struggle big time, I think at this rate we will be lucky to land one target.

I prefer to have moan now, do you know how hard it is to sign a player inside the window? Not to mention 4, which we need.

Pick one player, who will not sign because his club do not want to sell him because they cant find a replacement, oh wait, then you get the player that thinks he can play higher up, which makes you wait until all others knock him back, or there is the guy with a massive point to prove, who's club want shut, but the buyer dont want to seem to keen or he will have to drop the price.

Get the point yet? stop being so naive, If you want three to four players in the window you better have 2 of them set up or you are going to struggle big time, I think at this rate we will be lucky to land one target.

As Rovgers correctly put it, get a grip. You, or I, or anybody for that matter does not know what has, is, or hasnt been lined up. I can not believe your going into meltdown already, give the club a chance. The only person been naive here is you, thinking that we dont have people lined up to come in, when Steve Kean has quoted to the media we do.

Take a pill of the chilled variety and just ride the waves of the January window.

Are you actually been serious here? Why would we want the players we are linked with to become public? I would much rather things are kept behind closed doors. From what has been clearly communicated to the media, by Steve Kean, is that a list has been drawn up be him, with the assistance of our scouts, and that said list has been submitted to the owners. I actually can not believe people are going into meltdown already, god help us in one weeks time.

What difference would it make if we are linked with players in the press anyway? 9 times out of 10 they get it wrong anyway. And correct me if i'm wrong, but have we not been linked with players over the last few weeks? I'm pretty sure we have, Romeu, Keane, Adam, Bentley, Santa Cruz,Traore, Petersen, Gudjohnsen, and so on. Quite frankly I wouldnt be surprised if we were not in for half of the ones I have listed there, talk your transfer romours with a large pinch of salt.

Like I said. it's all been said before we get linked with plenty and we end up with bugger all, it feels no different.

If we had a player due Nicko would have known, call me what you like but I dont hang on Nicko's every word, I remain optimistic and will not post until after the window and I will certainly apologise if we get the players you guys expect but I am just saying dont get your hopes up, takeover or not, it is still Blackburn rovers with a stand in manager who's owners dont turnover a massive ammount.

I think we'll sign players I just expect them to be rubbish players more akinbiyi than adabayor.

I'd be pleasently suprised if we did business early but everyone keeps there players till the last minute for the panicing and auctions to begin and to get the benefit of using them in a busy month

kalinic banned and Roberts injured we do need a striker preferably two very early in this window if not the first few days.

Any lists of players about too run out of contract in the summer? Bound too be a few out there we have a few ourselves *cough*

I have been one of many pretty anti venkys.. not even sure about them giving the money too a temp manager, (I have worked in business long enough too know you dont give your whole budget too the contractor), but apparently we have a decent budget this Jan window... *shrug* presuming they are getting allot of advise on this one... and I hope from lots of but not too many sources.

Time too just well chin up and get on no point whinging, the clubs been bought as a marketing tool and lets hope they want too manke it a nice shiny marketing tool.

Optimistic I know (must be the new year alcohol) but if we could (,doubtful) I would love to see us try for Ivan Rakitic, young croat in the deeo playmaker role (a la tugay role)

Sadly he currently plays for schalke thus gets champions league football and may struggle to sign him... However he is only 22 so fits in with the chicken lots youngster policy and he could be tempted!!

Ander is seen as the next big thing in Basque football. Misimovic has been around Europe for a while. The others would pose too much of a risk of adapting or being good enough I think.

I feel we could be going for more established people, and surprisingly the price tags on these guys seemed a tad too much.

That Formica looks a bit wooden to me. Tough and hard working though but he's unlikely to be permanent. Can provide a nice looking finish but he tends to chip at the most inopportune moments. Could probably bring him in as cover on the bench.

Archived