BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Todays result just goes to show how badly we need to strengthen during this transfer window and hopefully it spurs the new owners on to release funds sooner rather than later.

As ironic as it sounds, having such a poor return from the festive period will probably turn out to be the best thing that could have happened - you can just imagine the 'This team is good enough' response at the end of January if we had done better and not signed anyone!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keans interview on radio lancs suggests there could be some players coming in the early part of the transfer window.

Hopefully we have been on the ball this season and we have got deals lined up ready instead of having to wait until Jan 31st.

let's hope so. We need a quality ball winning midfielder, goalscorer midfield, a striker and a winger. I am pretty sure that we will sign at 2 of our targets in the first 2 weeks of the transfer window

Kean said that the signings would excite the fans- or words to that effect.

very good news if we can sign them.

I personally think we need to be looking at a good solid left back as we seem to be leaking goals from that side of the pitch. We also could really do with 2 new centre mids (one box to box and one creative) and maybe a forward. Im still of the opinion that the strikers we have will get us the goals to stay up if we start giving them some chances in games.

list for me would be krancjaer, O Hara, and a left back. Haven't got a clue who to suggest for that position though.

I personally think we need to be looking at a good solid left back as we seem to be leaking goals from that side of the pitch. We also could really do with 2 new centre mids (one box to box and one creative) and maybe a forward. Im still of the opinion that the strikers we have will get us the goals to stay up if we start giving them some chances in games.

list for me would be krancjaer, O Hara, and a left back. Haven't got a clue who to suggest for that position though.

Two central midfielders, a left back, a right back and a striker need to be signed in this transfer window... and they need to be signed fast. I hope they're working on it and we're going to see some movement in the coming week.

Kean said that the signings would excite the fans- or words to that effect.

Hardly setting the bar high, after the past few years we'll get excited about almost anyone. The length of the threads about players like Linganzi and Goulon are witness to that.

Van Aanholt, loan????.

Blimey guys lets not be greedy.. according too posts we need a young right back, left back, 2 central midfielders, a striker, a winger... and maybe a central defender lol..

This would indicate we only have 1/3 of team atm... our team isnt that bad and there is no way we have the cash too cover all those roles.

Personally I would be happy with us spending our money on a good central midfielder (kranjkar, Ireland or Adam would do nicely) and maybe a couple of youngsters with potential. Any more these days is like a massive bonus.

agree with the former Ricky, but not the latter, or strikers today were struggling, movement was crap, first touch was worse, and the ability to hold up the ball if required was non existent, best move from our strikers today, was Banjo`s nutmeg to run through, and then his pass to 1 of 2 Rovers in forward postions, suprisingly went straight to teh Sunderland defender.

I guess what I am saying, is contrast that to the Sunderland strikeforce and tell me we our strikers are up to the scratch for 10th or sixth place, they have Bent, Wellbeck, Gyan - far superior to anyone we have got I`m afraid and it showed today.

totally outplayed today, totally outclassed, totally displayed lack of our squad, totally showed we aren`t good enough to compete with a top 10 team. I DO, firmly believe though, we will be able to compete withe money spent on 4-6 players who improve our team, and players comign back from injury :angry:

• Backroom

Central midfield is the crucial area at the moment. We can get by basically everywhere else on the pitch, but all too often teams walk through the centre of our midfield like it doesn't exist. We're desperate for real talent in that area and I hope we'll see investment geared first and foremost towards this issue. Left-back is probably the next priority, as I don't really rate Givet or Olsson there.

Right-back can wait til summer and when everybody is fit we're fine in central defence as well. If absolutely neccessary we can make do with EH Diouf, Mame Diouf, Olsson, Pedersen, Emerton and Hoilett on the wings and we can make do with Kalinic, Roberts, Benjani & Mame Diouf as striking options until summer as well.

For me, CM & LB are the key areas to be improved on. After that, strengthening anywhere else is a bonus until the summer.

Central midfield is the crucial area at the moment.

I agree totally.

I hope we don't spend all our money on a striker. I don't even think we need one to be honest, I think Kalinic is at least as good as any other striker we could attract, and Diouf II is looking good. We have good impact subs like Roberts to back them up too.

A midfield general is a priority, we need a Savage type in there who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck. We're too soft.

I agree totally.

I hope we don't spend all our money on a striker. I don't even think we need one to be honest, I think Kalinic is at least as good as any other striker we could attract, and Diouf II is looking good. We have good impact subs like Roberts to back them up too.

A midfield general is a priority, we need a Savage type in there who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck. We're too soft.

Don`t agree to much with that Le Chuck - LB isn`t a priority for me, if you analyse the games, you will notice that Left Back has no protection from Left Midfield, ever since Pedders moved inside, they have no protection and we are being unstuck by it, its not the Left backs fault IMO, but thye are looking bad because of it.

I thinjk Pedders needs to move back to the left of midfield, Steie Warnock was more suited to central mid than Pedders !

One or two minor updates.

BA...Hoffenheim sacked their manager tonight...but they are also selling two players and don't need the cash...the price is ridiculous...£7 million or so...time to move on.

ROMEU...Aston Villa think he is joining them on Monday...they are back on for him because French kid Fofana knocked them back...told he is on the Rovers list but as an alternative to somebody...home they get that somebody then...shame to lose him for nowt.

SAMBA...Villa recalling Dunne tomorrow...very odd...think they will increase 'offer' for Samba soon after...as long as Houllier survives.

One or two minor updates.

BA...Hoffenheim sacked their manager tonight...but they are also selling two players and don't need the cash...the price is ridiculous...£7 million or so...time to move on.

ROMEU...Aston Villa think he is joining them on Monday...they are back on for him because French kid Fofana knocked them back...told he is on the Rovers list but as an alternative to somebody...home they get that somebody then...shame to lose him for nowt.

SAMBA...Villa recalling Dunne tomorrow...very odd...think they will increase 'offer' for Samba soon after...as long as Houllier survives.

Can we have some major updates please :-)

Robbo/nelsen/samba/....??????? another 8 needed is my thinking, aside from the 3 mentioned and the injured jones the rest have very few redeeming attributes.

Shame no one would take any of our surplus part exchange they are that rank.

Wonder how much dorrans and brunt would cost.....they looked great against united as did a lot of wba players. £10m + pedersen and dunn for dorrans and brunt, i guess di matteo would just have the £10m, 2nd thoughts they'd probably cost more.

If you could offer some good advice to Steve Kean in this transfer window, it would be, get shut of Dunn and Benjani so that you dont ever have the option of picking these guys for them to let you down again and again.

Let's see what happens, always find the window in January is always a big anti-climax and most of it happens towards the end of the month.

A defensive midfielder who can win the ball, break the game up is needed. It's our weak link I think in the middle of the park.

A central defender with pace. Nelsen and Givet aren't the quickest and Sunderland today for example, we looked vulnerable.

A striker who can score goals, a target man perhaps who can play upfront with Kalinic.

It all costs money and throw which ever names you want into it. Kean and the club will have their targets, hopefully Rovers can spend wisely now.

Someone mentioned Sean Wright Philips. A loan deal wouldn't be that bad to be honest, he wants to play football and is another option on the right.

LB is a medium priority for me - if we bring in the striker and midfielder(s) we need then it'll be our weakest position, but we can't buy a whole new team in January and expect them to gel. The summer is the time to bring in full backs.

The Olsson/Diouf combination on the left looked pretty good against WBA. I think we need 2 central mid-fielders------ and a striker because we haven't got anyone we can rely on to hit the target regularly. That's the minimum though and they have to be quality.

Anything else is a bonus.

Archived