BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

How official is that official page?

Imagine we do pull off that deal though! :unsure:

There is quite a bit of official Venky's poultry news on there so it looks either official or somebody is working very hard. The particular style of English matches that of their Indian PR firm's emails.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure its the best use of the money. But it would send out one hell of a message. No use putting all our eggs in one basket though (no pun intended). The current Rovers side needs numerous new players not just one marquee signing. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

Yes, but Ronaldinho (IF MOTIVATED) could be the kind of players that would win games on his own against at least a quarter of the sides in this league.

The morale boost for the squad would be immense too.

I'd take him on board, but I dont think Milan were letting him go on a free, and I think he is in Brazil discussing terms with Gremio, his preferred destination.

I see more reasons why this deal would backfire than not.

What is already looking pretty clear is that John Williams will be reading this for the first time on here but Kentaro already know about it.

Assuming it is not a hoax.

That shipped a long time ago Philip. Some people have realized JW has been marginalized, whilst the minority of happy puppies have decided to look at their own version of reality. Football has a short memory.

What is already looking pretty clear is that John Williams will be reading this for the first time on here but Kentaro already know about it.

Assuming it is not a hoax.

It does have a faint whiff of Kentaro about it. But as Bobby G says, it would be good for raising morale and, more important to Venky's, raising Rovers' profile.

As a long time Rovers fan i am naturally suspicious and doubt it will come to fruition. But i did mention in another thread that Nicko's post regarding the Rao brothers liking to take up any high profile photo opportunities could be very significant. I have always felt January could yeild something pretty spectacular. If true, this certainly fits the bill.

Ronny has been offered around because his brother wants a £1.2 million fee for moving him to either Palmeiras and Gremio and Galliani has said no chance.

Ronny also wants the rest of his wages paying up before he moves to Brazil.Milan not having that either.

Certainly the likes of City & Chelsea have had him put their way.Haven't got a clue if he's been put your way.

Personally i reckon he'll go to Gremio,but it's still an open situation i guess.

Not very professional to post something like that on facebook though. :wacko:

Samba to Villa with Curtis Davies and some cash in return. Need to replace Samba otherwise no interest in the back four.

David Jones from Blackpool. Hopefully Rovers keep a hold of Phil Jones from Chelsea and Spurs (although now that Spurs will have Beckham maybe that rumor will die). Would like to have another attacking midfielder added to the list and of course a pair of strikers. I don't think Santa Cruz will be returning either.

Villa are below us in the league and their defence is crap. If Curtis Davies can't get a game with them, why would we want him?

Seems like a ploy to take one of our very best players on the cheap to me.

It does have a faint whiff of Kentaro about it. But as Bobby G says, it would be good for raising morale and, more important to Venky's, raising Rovers' profile.

As a long time Rovers fan i am naturally suspicious and doubt it will come to fruition. But i did mention in another thread that Nicko's post regarding the Rao brothers liking to take up any high profile photo opportunities could be very significant. I have always felt January could yeild something pretty spectacular. If true, this certainly fits the bill.

All fur and no knickers.

Warnock is a SEM client. But that's not even the point here.

I personally dont think we have missed him much. Cant see him coming back either.

We have missed a recognised left back. But not necessarily Warnock. I always liked his 110% attitude. But got caught out of position too often and gave away too many penalties and free kicks when stretching to recover.

£2m pound is the fee they are quoting. At that money he would atleast give us some balance. Unless Kean sees what Ince did and fancies him as our new holding midfielder. Heaven forbid!!!

To be fair though 47er I think one of our villa friends stated that Davies isn't playing because if he plays one more game he automatically gets a new, higher paid contract.

Some players just need a change of scenery. Remember that Tugay wasn't getting a game at rangers and samba couldn't even get in the first team at hamburg.

Blackpool have assembled a team of players who couldn't even get a look in at championship clubs with the likes of dj Campbell and Luke varney and they're doing ok.

As for the ronaldinho thing, if we could get him it would be a (chicken) coup. Definitely a big name player but i still believe his best days are behind him. I'd rather invest that money in a proven premiership player and not an unreliable luxury. Buy it's nice to be linked to names of that standing.

It was a bit of a daft thing for them to put up there in the first place really Phil. Never good to do your dirty washing in public. I'd rather not see anything about our targets in the press until they are signed and sealed.

News of the world linking us with Warnock. Stephen not Neil. No link i'm afraid as its subscription only.

Wouldn't mind both!

To be fair though 47er I think one of our villa friends stated that Davies isn't playing because if he plays one more game he automatically gets a new, higher paid contract.

Some players just need a change of scenery. Remember that Tugay wasn't getting a game at rangers and samba couldn't even get in the first team at hamburg.

Blackpool have assembled a team of players who couldn't even get a look in at championship clubs with the likes of dj Campbell and Luke varney and they're doing ok.

As for the ronaldinho thing, if we could get him it would be a (chicken) coup. Definitely a big name player but i still believe his best days are behind him. I'd rather invest that money in a proven premiership player and not an unreliable luxury. Buy it's nice to be linked to names of that standing.

All you say is true but the story is about losing Samba for someone who may click with us. I hope we buy additions to the squad.

It was a bit of a daft thing for them to put up there in the first place really Phil. Never good to do your dirty washing in public. I'd rather not see anything about our targets in the press until they are signed and sealed.

All the Brazilians have one thing in common, smiles when all going well and sulks when its not, for me not the mentality of the kind of player we need!

I'm sure we'd all rather keep samba but if we do lose him I guess we need to look at bringing in another cb. If that was the case then I think Davies would be fine. I've read up a bit about him and he's captained both west brom and villa whilst he's been there. Says something about his leadership on the pitch I'd say. Davies + £6m wouldn't be too bad a result, only stumbling block is that villa paid between £8 and £10 million for him, so I don't know if they'd be willing to let him go on the cheap.

David Wheater would be another good shout IF samba goes.

If Beckham goes to spurs we need to be on the phone to 'arry asking about their surplus of midfielders.

I'm sure we'd all rather keep samba but if we do lose him I guess we need to look at bringing in another cb. If that was the case then I think Davies would be fine. I've read up a bit about him and he's captained both west brom and villa whilst he's been there. Says something about his leadership on the pitch I'd say. Davies + £6m wouldn't be too bad a result, only stumbling block is that villa paid between £8 and £10 million for him, so I don't know if they'd be willing to let him go on the cheap.

David Wheater would be another good shout IF samba goes.

If Beckham goes to spurs we need to be on the phone to 'arry asking about their surplus of midfielders.

But 'Arry' always wants inflated prices for his players.

Dealing with spurs is never easy but hopefully the players can help push it through. Surely krancjaer sees that he needs to get out of spurs especially as he'll be pushes further down the pecking order if beckham goes there.

Just hope harry is realistic with his prices. They paid £2m for krancjaer, surely they can't ask silly money for him.

One or two minor updates.

BA...Hoffenheim sacked their manager tonight...but they are also selling two players and don't need the cash...the price is ridiculous...£7 million or so...time to move on.

Would have thought that is a reasonable price for a good striker in their mid 20's. Days of getting quality for under 3-4 million have pretty much gone...kalinic was 6 million and he's not set the world alight. A top striker is £12 million plus these days.

We have missed a recognised left back. But not necessarily Warnock. I always liked his 110% attitude. But got caught out of position too often and gave away too many penalties and free kicks when stretching to recover.

£2m pound is the fee they are quoting. At that money he would atleast give us some balance. Unless Kean sees what Ince did and fancies him as our new holding midfielder. Heaven forbid!!!

Would have Warnock back in a hartbeat at £2million. We have no left back. Plus he's versatile.

Archived