BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

nicko, do you know who the 6 names are on the Steve Kean list of targets? can you tell us any?

I think some are obvious...Ba, Romeu, Adam...not sure about the rest.

Nicko realistically is there any chance we are close to signing someone before the Liverpool game?

I can't see that, unfortunately.

Could do with some urgency.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list of transfer targets was only submitted to the owners at the end of last week according to Kean - taking that into account we probably have not even bid for anyone yet.

Never know there could be teething problems as this transfer business is new for the owners.

What is happening is that the targets are being looked into - cost, interest, rival bidders. That process could and should be hurried up.

Even a kid from Barca like Romeu has more than one admirer.

Ba is a mess, like I said a week or so back.

So there is frustration about.

It is new to a lot people involved - but transfers taking forever is not exactly new to Rovers...

Eveytbody wants players in fast. I am not sure that is too likely if the vibes I am getting are right. Hope to be proved wrong.

Bottom line is there HAVE to be signings - probably four - to keep the club moving in the right direction.

.Could do with some urgency.

Yeah we could and quickly. we don't have strength in depth and will 9 players missing yesterday it show. Most will be before the end of January tho. But it's quality we need not quantity. We lacking a proven PL or European league striker, midfield playmaker and a winger.

I find it strange that some seem to think that deals would be done before the Liverpool game.

Yes we need them but all the changes in the last three weeks put an end to any early signings IMO, plus the fact that the loop appears to be much bigger now, can't see anyone in before the WBA game.

Targets decisions made ...... it seems not maybe another few days ....... enquires made ....... fee agreed ........ personal terms to be sorted ..... possible delays with all negotiations as now done in the head office in India.

Minimum two weeks if not three from first contact.

Sounds like 6 made up unrealistic targets.

Seriously, stop droning on.

You're like a moaning woman, what did you get out of posting that? You, like your mate Philip, have sod all idea what is going on, so instead of making your reactionist comments that have no ounce of knowledge, why don't you sit back and wait and see what happens?

What is happening is that the targets are being looked into - cost, interest, rival bidders. That process could and should be hurried up.

Even a kid from Barca like Romeu has more than one admirer.

Ba is a mess, like I said a week or so back.

So there is frustration about.

It is new to a lot people involved - but transfers taking forever is not exactly new to Rovers...

Eveytbody wants players in fast. I am not sure that is too likely if the vibes I am getting are right. Hope to be proved wrong.

Bottom line is there HAVE to be signings - probably four - to keep the club moving in the right direction.

I agree with that they have to be signings. But depend when they have to come in and the players have to settle in quickly into the club, which is vital!

Does Demba Ba wanted to come to play in the PL? Would he come to rovers aswell?

Hughes always says leaving it late in the transfer window can help, sometimes, to negotiate a better deal - plus some players become available who were not previously

If the league wasn't so tight and our situation wasn’t perilous I would agree with that approach. If we wait until the end of the window and we lose pretty much all the games before then it could be too late for these signings to make the impact we need.

Signings have to be made quickly this year, we can't afford to wait.

Seriously, stop droning on.

You're like a moaning woman, what did you get out of posting that? You, like your mate Philip, have sod all idea what is going on, so instead of making your reactionist comments that have no ounce of knowledge, why don't you sit back and wait and see what happens?

Do you honestly think we have the luxury of time ?

What I'd like to see from Rovers is players signing, and the fee undisclosed and nothing else. Hughes did business like that and I like it.

I think time has made the memory grow fonder there...most of Sparky's deals were known in advance.

Many of them had been on trial first.

Roque took months, even Sav was a saga.

If the league wasn't so tight and our situation wasn’t perilous I would agree with that approach. If we wait until the end of the window and we lose pretty much all the games before then it could be too late for these signings to make the impact we need.

Signings have to be made quickly this year, we can't afford to wait.

We do only have 3 League games in January, pool, Ski & WBA. As long as we get players in for the WBA game things shouldn't look to bad from that aspect.

The one thing I don't want us to do this window is buy for the sake of it or rush into to anything. Our owners do not seem to be absolutely minted and I wonder what would happen if we spend 10-15 and they don't adapt.

Ba, I think would be a good signing. Bit like Roberts strong, quick but has reasonable ability with the ball. He could do with improving his goals column as when that's looked at with his shots & shots on target he perhaps should be scoring more. £7 million he's already scored goals in the bundesliga I don't think that fees too excessive.

Ba stats

Also I'm not 100% but did he not play for Watford at one point in his younger career? Is he home-grown???

We've seen clubs before in the past make signings early, granted these are usually ones with big money to spend but still there have been clubs that have limited resources but have managed to bring in players early in the window.

If they put their mind to it they could bring in players sooner rather than later and looking at the situation we are in and the squad we have I pray that's the case.

We do only have 3 League games in January, pool, Ski & WBA. As long as we get players in for the WBA game things shouldn't look to bad from that aspect.

It's quite possible we could lose all of those league games. Liverpool fighting for their lives, West Brom will want revenge, Chelsea want to remain in the title race. Also keep in mind we have played more games than a few sides below us, if we lose those three and sides below win their games in hands we could drop a lot of places and be near the bottom.

The system used for signing players will be interesting. Previously the trustees gave JW a budget to work from. He would sit down with the manager and draw up a list of targets. JW then did the negotiating - and that allowed the manager to carry on with his day job.

How will it work now, and what's the point of giving a list of players to Venky's? Thay wouldn't know a player if they saw one and certainly wouldn't be able to value a player. I guess that Venky's will hand the list to Kentaro, - but what are they going to do with it? That's the intriguing bit. Will Kentaro try to manipulate Steve Kean? Who will negotiate with the target players - I assume Jerome Anderson. So, I guess that we will have someone with no connections with the club running our transfer dealings. Is that OK with people? Is it better than the previous system? Why couldn't JW do all this, after all he's well experienced and well respected throughout the footballing world.

Curtis Davies will definitely leave and on the cheap as well, like I said if he plays one more game for us the clause in his contract is activated and his wages go up, another bit of amazing negotiation from Martin O'Neill as we will soon see the price this January of his over control and financial mismangement of our club, god I dislike him.

Davies has all the potential, he's just lost his way a bit, he needs some confidence and a fresh start, i've seen Laursen at his best, Gareth Barry, James Milner all in recent years and many good players before that, and I still say Curtis Davies away at the emirates when we won 2-0 was the best performance i've seen from an Aston Villa player on any given day, he's worth a go for sure cause if you get him playing then he is better than the much raved about Gary Cahill (though he really is the most overrated player in the league potentially)

As for Warnock, he'll definitely be leaving if not January then in the summer, i'd be surprised if we didn't sign a nw left back this window, I don't think Blackburn need him back, being as he's ###### useless.

Archived