BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Watching the fulham WBA game and dorrans and brunt look like some great prospects. If our owners are looking At bright young talent they would certainly fit the bill.

I was thinking the same after watching the highlights of WBA v Man U - they did look like they were both pretty good prospects.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know who else is on the list yet though do we and we still have 26 days to go.

Things are looking a lot better on the transfer front at this stage in the window than recently

Certainly appears we have more money but it doesn't seem like we have a coherent plan. The talk was of bright young things, yet all we seem to be linked with are older players and Ronaldinho apart they are mostly past it or crocks. It contradicts the initial statements by the owners.

Nicko said early today that Ronaldinho is holding talks with Gremio today. What probably happened is other papers saw him arriving at Gremio, and thought they had struck a deal. In other words, probably nothing more than the reported talks.

Game on.

We don't know who else is on the list yet though do we and we still have 26 days to go.

Things are looking a lot better on the transfer front at this stage in the window than recently

Not sure about that considering that we are almost in freefall with a squad decimated by injuries, suspension and Asia Cup and no key signing(s) for midfield imminent. I'd be surprised if we lose by less than three goals tomorrow night and the chickens might well then come home to roost.

If we are going for old boys, why the hell isn't Bentley's name up there? Would change our fortunes overnight.

Ditto. I have to say that watching today's interview with the family on Sky made me think they are just plucking names out who have been popular here. Especially when i saw them flicking through a book of our history!

Duff doesn't inspire me with confidence anymore. Santa Cruz has too many fitness issues for me. Shame about Ronaldinho. Would have been a monumental signing in so many ways for us.

• Backroom

Not sure about that considering that we are almost in freefall with a squad decimated by injuries, suspension and Asia Cup and no key signing(s) for midfield imminent. I'd be surprised if we lose by less than three goals tomorrow night and the chickens might well then come home to roost.

All of the above is why I said 'on the transfer front'

You've been on a downer about this from day one..are you son of Jim,or Philip perhaps??

More like a brother!

Seriously, age does not dent ambition, however, experience teaches you to be more realistic and pragmatic.

In reality, If this crazy Ronaldiniho story hadnt come along would we have been happy with RSC and Adam? and thats just for starters!

I certainly would as its strengthened 2 areas!I hope another striker is brought in but all in due course!

realistically we aren't in the running,it seems he has his heart set on moving back to brazil,honourable effort though,i feel a bit deflated i think i convinced myself that ronaldinho could come and wear the famous blue and white halves.

Gremio's manager wants to talk with Ronaldinho before he signs to find out if he still wants to play football or if he is returning to Brazil to retire. He said that a major effort is being made and he doesn't want to lose on other players just to sign "retired" Ronaldinho

Steve Kean said that they had identified 5 'cherry on the cake' signing, with 2 mentioned of Beckham and Ronaldihno...any ideas?

I'm with the other posters in saying that a big name would be amazing, but i'd be just as happy if we invested in some top quality young players who are on the up and won't just be at the club for money.

If the Rao bros made a serious attempt to get Ronaldinho then fair enough.If he'd rather semi-retire at 30 in an obscure league in Brazil then that is his choice and perhaps suggests he's lost the motivation to play in the 'big' leagues now.

Fine. Let's move on to realistic targets that will improve our immediate prospects. If the Raos are on the lookout for another Marquee signing then maybe we'll soon have another big name to talk about. If not, nothing new.

errrr obscure league in Brazil!?!? I tell you what...we would get are asses kicked by teams like fluminense and corinthians with keith andrews and co trotting around the middle of the park. get real

We will sign Royston Drenthe from Real Madrid.

Keisuke Honda was a great shout, but isn't it a shout in the dark?

Nicko, remember, 11 PM in England is 12 PM in Holland. Can't you do it at 11 Dutch time?

Drenthe would do me, he's a player and no mistake, pacey and aggressive, get's up and down the pitch and can score goals from left back. He's the sort of player Venkies should be throwing their spare change at. As for Beckham- do me a favour- he's another circus act. We just dodged the bullet with the "Goofy Playmaker".

• Backroom

Plunkett on Twitter:

Ronaldinho agreed deal to join Gremio. AC Milan say they never received any bid from #rovers. I'm speechless with this #Venkys lot

Him and his mate are also pretty clueless, seem to be going off rumours mainly.

Archived