BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Backroom

errrr obscure league in Brazil!?!? I tell you what...we would get are asses kicked by teams like fluminense and corinthians with keith andrews and co trotting around the middle of the park. get real

There are some decent teams in the league, but in terms of reputation it's obscure in comparison to the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, et al.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plunkett on Twitter:

Ronaldinho agreed deal to join Gremio. AC Milan say they never received any bid from #rovers. I'm speechless with this #Venkys lot

He is not able to back it by any numbers or named sources. Not a single quote...

'are' instead of our and 'beat' instead of beaten... The English language gets murdered on here at times.

Ronaldinho was (and still is) a bit of a pipe dream. If it doesn't happen, I imagine Venky's may well have a few more lined up. They NEED someone to get the fans onside and keep the press quiet. I hope they go about the next one (if needed) much more quietly until they actually reveal the signing! They may well learn the (very) hard way.

The Ronaldinho saga has been on and off more than Paris Hilton's kecks. Whatever happens, it was always destined to finish off. We'll still enjoy the ride.

Ronnie to Rovers at 16/1. Lump on. :D

True was always going to come to an end but fair play to him going back to his home club etc.

Id love to take paris hiltons kecks off though as a cosalation!

Charlie Adam is in the Tugay mould.

Sign him up to replace Dunn ASAP!

He pins the passes perfectly.

I don't get that one- he's in the Tugay mould but lets replace Dunn with him ? Mm, to me they were never the same sort of player. If Charlie's as mobile as Tugay was he's not going to be playing in the opposition half much is he ? He's not going to be the new Per Frandsen is he? I can't say I've seen a lot of him although Nicko seems to think he's the new Jim Baxter !

Plunkett on Twitter:

Ronaldinho agreed deal to join Gremio. AC Milan say they never received any bid from #rovers. I'm speechless with this #Venkys lot

He was certainly leaving, would make more sense to try and convince him to see if we have a chance then discuss the price with AC Milan.

He was talking of buying out his own contract was'nt he? would'nt make much sense to discuss a transfer fee with his club.

2135: He's run the show for long periods tonight but Charlie Adam is denied a deserved goal by the woodwork, the Blackpool midfielder spanking a low effort against the far post on the back of yet another burst from the centre of the park. Birmingham hanging on a touch now.

I came home to read this from the BBC live text commentary:

He's run the show for long periods tonight but Charlie Adam is denied a deserved goal by the woodwork, the Blackpool midfielder spanking a low effort against the far post on the back of yet another burst from the centre of the park.

• Backroom

Unlike Blackburn Rovers who are a global name?

Seems like a bit of a different point to the one I'm making.

If people don't think the Brazilian league is obscure then okay. Can't be arsed to argue such an insignificant point :D

'are' instead of our and 'beat' instead of beaten... The English language gets murdered on here at times.

Ronaldinho was (and still is) a bit of a pipe dream. If it doesn't happen, I imagine Venky's may well have a few more lined up. They NEED someone to get the fans onside and keep the press quiet. I hope they go about the next one (if needed) much more quietly until they actually reveal the signing! They may well learn the (very) hard way.

Sorry I've had a few beers...ironically while teaching English....am I the only one here who sees Ronaldinho as a rubbish signing? I think he wouldn't get a touch in most games. Imagine him against Stoke. He has been rubbish for about 2 years!!!

If it doesn't happen, I imagine Venky's may well have a few more lined up. They NEED someone to get the fans onside and keep the press quiet.

They NEED to do what good owners do and back the manager with as much cash as they responsibly can. £5m for the manager and £10m for us is un-be-lee-vable.

No wonder they appointed a first team coach as manager. The manager must have total control of transfers and footballing decisions. He's the one who has to buy the players needed to suit his system of playing. after all he'll be held fully responsible for results. I doubt anyone else would have put up with this scenario.

ESPN says Milan owes Ronald a lot of money, so he may be forced back to AC Milan. Does that make any sense at all???

From article at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/65828.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Those with inside knowledge of Blackburn's transfer policy have told ESPNsoccernet that AC Milan owe Ronaldinho several millions and, although he is negotiating a return to Brazil, there is a chance he might be forced back to the San Siro.

Blackburn's inexperienced new Indian owners, Venky's, have a major outlet in Brazil and it is there that representatives from their office had contact with the player's agent and brother Roberto de Assis.

Figures were discussed but, as it stands, no formal offer has been received by AC Milan from Blackburn and a Rovers source described a move for Ronaldinho as a "remote possibility".

2135: He's run the show for long periods tonight but Charlie Adam is denied a deserved goal by the woodwork, the Blackpool midfielder spanking a low effort against the far post on the back of yet another burst from the centre of the park. Birmingham hanging on a touch now.

He has had a very good game and on tonights performance is very much in the Tugay mould, he has picked out some very long pinpoint passes and his overall pass completion has been very good.

He does get forward a lot more than Tugay did creating his own chances, he is much better than anything we have in midfeld and would be a welcome addition to our team.

Sorry I've had a few beers...ironically while teaching English....am I the only one here who sees Ronaldinho as a rubbish signing? I think he wouldn't get a touch in most games. Imagine him against Stoke. He has been rubbish for about 2 years!!!

Of course :rolleyes:

Scoring 15 goals and making 19 assits in 43 games last season is obviously rubbish!!! :rolleyes:

Archived