BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me much depends on the Rovers team which turns up. Against WHU and Stoke we were dreadful and I wondered to what extent the crowd's nervousness about our general situation influenced the performance. A fine win at WBA tended to support that view, then we had, by many accounts, another terrible performance at Sunderland.......so which team will we get?

Most seasons a home draw with Liverpool would be a result, this year I feel we should be beating them. One point will be fine, three very good news indeed. Losing is not an option given the current league table.

It seems that LFC are not ditching Hodgson before we play them which gives us a chance to beat them. Massive test for Kean because a real PL manager will give Liverpool a very tough time tomorrow evening... and I know Sam's side didn't turn up at Anfield so this is a chance for Kean to quieten the pro-Sam people.

Are we really going to get a battering? Off a team that can't even beat bolton? Yes we might be the worst team in the pre at them moment, a massive laughing stock but bolton arnt that much better...

It's all down to how much we are up for it, surely, yes, sounds like Pederson and El Hadj will be majorly up for this, I'd be suprised if Diouf Mk2 hasn't had a call off Gary Neville and SAF telling him to score at least 3.

If we don't smell blood for this one, we are in serious trouble for me. Mr Kean's BIG test.

Also, can I add, it's a big test for us as well, i.e. Atmosphere, we HAVE to assume our responsibility in this as well.

It's all down to how much we are up for it, surely, yes, sounds like Pederson and El Hadj will be majorly up for this, I'd be suprised if Diouf Mk2 hasn't had a call off Gary Neville and SAF telling him to score at least 3.

If we don't smell blood for this one, we are in serious trouble for me. Mr Kean's BIG test.

Also, can I add, it's a big test for us as well, i.e. Atmosphere, we HAVE to assume our responsibility in this as well.

I think it will be close maybe the winner will be bagged in second half injury time

This game is going to be tough, there is bound to be a lot of pressure on both sides.

Things aren't going so bad at the moment for us though, we are better off than this time last season, and it's clear that we need to make some signings (which will hopefully come).

Our Christmas form has been a bit frustrating, but a win against Liverpool should give everyone a lift!

My team for the game:

Bunn

Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Hoilett, Pedersen, Grella, Dunn, Olsson

Mame Diouf

I think Samba, Grella and Salgado are back for this game. Im going for a 2-1 win, Diouf and Peds to score.

Looks good, but I'd swap Dunn for Benjani and play a 4-4-2... I don't think M Diouf can play a lone striker effectively and Benjani is the only player available to partner him (unfortunately). I don't see E Diouf getting dropped either, so expect Hoilett to make way in that case.

Things aren't going so bad at the moment for us though, we are better off than this time last season, and it's clear that we need to make some signings (which will hopefully come).

Yes, but our form in the second half of last season was amazing, so it's going to be a bit difficult to match that. At home, from Jan onwards we had 6 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. The two draws were against Chelsea and Man U and the loss was a close game against Everton. Even Away, we only had 4 losses out of 9, and 3 of them were against Spurs, Man City and Liverpool.

If we can come anywhere close to matching that form then I'll be impressed and accept Venky's as my chicken overlords.

BLACKBURN Rovers could be without 10 senior players for Liverpool’s Ewood Park visit on Wednesday night.

Grant Hanley is now a doubt for the midweek Premier League clash after being replaced at half time with a calf injury, while Brett Emerton will miss most of this month due to Australia's Asia Cup campaign.

Nikola Kalinic is suspended for two more games and skipper Chris Samba will undergo a fitness test on his ankle. Vince Grella’s long-awaited return has been hit after he suffered a setback in training on his Achilles.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8766271.Blackburn_Rovers_face_injury_crisis/

Starting: Bunn; Salgado, Nelsen, Givet, Olsson; Goulon, Pedersen; Hoilett, Dunn, EHD; M. Diouf.

Subs: Fielding, Benjani, Morris, Linganzi, Lowe, Doran, Potts

Perfect fit. Strong bench.

That midfield looks like a Liverpool dream.

Anyone know how Dunn's calf muscle is by the way? He was taken off at Sunderland because it was tightening up.

Rovers 1 - 1 Liverpool

I would snap your hand off for 1 - 1! Especially with the injuries we have and with the only one fit(ish) central midfielder, Dunn. Then again the way Dunny's playing at the moment we might aswell just have no one playing in the middle. We will be lucky to get anything out of the game, no matter how bad the scouse are

If we are only allowed a 23 man squad by the prem league, and we have 11 players unavailable for whatever reason, that leaves us with the starting 11 plus one on the bench.

Someone please explain :blink:

Archived