BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool

This is one game to adopt the classic Sam approach, keep it tight and then have a go in the last 20mins.

The longer they go without scoring the better it will be for us.

Funny feeling about this one, think we might nick it in the late stages (with potential controversy).

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to score twice to win, Torres always seems to find the back of the net against us, so they will get at least 1. Rediscovering his goalscoring touch in their last game doesn't help.

I've done my bit, he's in the dream team as captain. Normally my captains do naff all.

It seems that LFC are not ditching Hodgson before we play them which gives us a chance to beat them. Massive test for Kean because a real PL manager will give Liverpool a very tough time tomorrow evening... and I know Sam's side didn't turn up at Anfield so this is a chance for Kean to quieten the pro-Sam people.

Right once again eh Philip?

This is one game to adopt the classic Sam approach, keep it tight and then have a go in the last 20mins.

Funny feeling about this one, think we might nick it in the late stages (with potential controversy).

That simply isn't going to happen under the new regime!

I just fear for us playing so open, for the first time at Ewood they have Gerrard and Torres both playing so they have the quality to pick us off if we continue to defend irresponsibly.

Chimbonda is not even in the list of available players for today.

My team:

Bunn

Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Hoilett, Goulon, Pedersen, Olsson

M Diouf, EH Diouf

Substitutes to use if necessary:

Dunn

Benjani

Hanley (if fit)

We'll win 1-0, Mame Diouf scores.

It's because we have to wait for all the away fans to finish work and arrive safely! Oh no they don't work do they!!!!

Course they do... in Surrey, in Lincoln, in London, in Norway, in Dublin. You'll find more scousers in July in Blackpool than you will at Anfield.

Vibes from Liverpool are that they are chomping at the bit for this one. Woy Boy sees it as an excellent opportunity to record a very, very convincing win and to influence some of his knockers. This only confirms my worst fears that we are in for a drubbing.

• Backroom

Well that settles it then if Liverpool want to win we may as well just call the game off eh?

I'm going to be optimistic for once, 2-1 Rovers if Carragher is playing at least we should have an own goal or penalty coming our way

Vibes from Liverpool are that they are chomping at the bit for this one. Woy Boy sees it as an excellent opportunity to record a very, very convincing win and to influence some of his knockers. This only confirms my worst fears that we are in for a drubbing.

I also have bad feelings about this game.

But one chant that should be done tonight is, "There's only one John Williams" or even "we want a manager". I do not think Rovers will be able to sign decent players with Kean in charge - hope to be wrong. But when playing teams like liverpool you need good players. Yet at the moment until we change the manager we will dread games like this tonight. I was all for giving him a chance - but who will sign for steve kean.

Adopt the classic Sam approach? Right and tell me how many games did we win against Pool with him in charge?

I also have bad feelings about this game.

But one chant that should be done tonight is, "There's only one John Williams" or even "we want a manager". I do not think Rovers will be able to sign decent players with Kean in charge - hope to be wrong. But when playing teams like liverpool you need good players. Yet at the moment until we change the manager we will dread games like this tonight. I was all for giving him a chance - but who will sign for steve kean.

Please leave it till after the game if you must. Singing we need a manager won't help the guys on the pitch.

£10 @ 5-1 Torres to score more than 1. Absolute banker if we try expansive football with our players.

We need to mark gerrard and torres out the game to stand a chance just don't see any players in our ranks with the ability to do it though without jones and a decent defensive midfieler i can see them running rings around us.

With the lack of steel in our midfield I'd be tempted to go with a back 2 of Nelsen & Givet with Samba in a def mid position :

---------Bunn

Salgado Nelsen Givet Olsson

---------Samba

Hoilett Dunn Pedersen EH Diouf

--------MB Diouf

Cant see us getting anything from this unfortunately...

£10 @ 5-1 Torres to score more than 1. Absolute banker if we try expansive football with our players.

We need to mark gerrard and torres out the game to stand a chance just don't see any players in our ranks with the ability to do it though without jones and a decent defensive midfieler i can see them running rings around us.

Have you put your money where your mouth is?

Rumour has it that Gerrard and Torres are being rested for United.

Probably just 2 - 0 to them now.

Not a chance they'd be rested.

With so many missing players I'm fearing a bit of a hoofing. If we manage to get point/s out of this game I will be absolutely delighted.

Rumour has it that Gerrard and Torres are being rested for United.

Probably just 2 - 0 to them now.

I can't see that. Woy has his job on the line, no way would he run such a risk.

I fear another defeat.

Archived