BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Backroom

Bloody lucky. Never again!

I still don't buy the luck thing, has a team ever gone down with 43 points?

Unbeaten in the last 4 games as well weren't we?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't buy the luck thing, has a team ever gone down with 43 points?

Unbeaten in the last 4 games as well weren't we?

I take it you weren't worried that we might be relegated then.

We got away with a series of shocking decisions by the club's new owners.

• Backroom

I take it you weren't worried that we might be relegated then.

We got away with a series of shocking decisions by the club's new owners.

I was worried but we got out of it and we deserved to.

No luck involved for me although we were put in an un-needed situation and got back out of it.

After the Big Club "Fans" giving it "We're Birmingham City We'll Do What We Like" and chucking coins and bottles , yeah you'll do what you like in that outpost known as it B*rnley now

:lol: Karma much?

Edit: sorry for effing :blush:

I was worried but we got out of it and we deserved to.

No luck involved for me although we were put in an un-needed situation and got back out of it.

Worst run for 25 years, sack the manager, put a rookie in charge, make fools of ourselves chasing marquee signings, Chairman leaves, we go into the last game at risk of relegation.

We were bloody lucky not to go down. Bloody lucky.

Just got in to catch the last 5 minutes of Match of the Day. 99% sure we were the only club during the closing montage not to be shown scoring a goal. Every other club had some mention or highlight bar us. Unless of course you count the second Wolves goal from today as a Blackburn highlight. Sums up our season in the media really. No-one cares unless it's negative press.

Just got in to catch the last 5 minutes of Match of the Day. 99% sure we were the only club during the closing montage not to be shown scoring a goal. Every other club had some mention or highlight bar us. Unless of course you count the second Wolves goal from today as a Blackburn highlight. Sums up our season in the media really. No-one cares unless it's negative press.

I know but to be fair we never once featured in the relegation zone today unlike the four other clubs and once we'd gone three up were never in any danger. Having said that, I think Hoillet's goal today was the best goal of the day and deserved to be replayed (Emo's wasn't bad either but the slight deflection took the shine off it a little)

I know but to be fair we never once featured in the relegation zone today unlike the four other clubs and once we'd gone three up were never in any danger. Having said that, I think Hoillet's goal today was the best goal of the day and deserved to be replayed (Emo's wasn't bad either but the slight deflection took the shine off it a little)

I'm disappointed I missed the highlights. Will have to try and find them at work tomorrow :lol: . It's just another disappointing move from the bbc yet again. You had little bits like Asamoah Gyan dancing and Ian Holloway musing, yet the only airtime Rovers were given was to show a goal being conceded.

I'm glad we continue to defy the odds and stay in the league. It's one of the things that makes me proud to be a Blackburn supporter.

Come on. We were very, very close to going down. We just got away with a series of inept decisions.

Read the table. It puts us in 15th place and 4 points off relegation. Luck does not play a part in it. It is based on 38 games and over those games we were just about good enough. Yes wrong decisions were taken (like not appointng a tried and tested manager) but relegation is settled on the pitch, not by referees but by the players and thankfully we had a few less inept days than 5 other clubs.

We ended the season perfectly really, with some good results and performances.

Only 3 points off Bolton too.

The Kean reign isn't as disastorous as it was a few weeks back.

What a weird season.

Kinda like last year really (hear me out!), in the sense our good end meant we looked more comfortable than we actually were (although comfortably mid table and comfortable safe from the drop are two different ball games)

Read the table. It puts us in 15th place and 4 points off relegation. Luck does not play a part in it. It is based on 38 games and over those games we were just about good enough. Yes wrong decisions were taken (like not appointng a tried and tested manager) but relegation is settled on the pitch, not by referees but by the players and thankfully we had a few less inept days than 5 other clubs.

Stupid stuff. There was a cigarette paper between us and several other clubs from going down, and you can't see that the wretched performances, the clueless leadership, the idiotic attempt at marquee signings and the waste of money on RSC almost did for us. At 4pm today I suspect you were ###### it like everyone else and not posturing like this.

Just admit it.

At 4pm today I sat down to eat a lovely dinner at the in-laws. At no time at all was I worried about our situation. I put the radio on at half-time, heard we were 3 to the good and turned it off. Job done. At 5.50 I turned the radio on to see which other clubs had gone down just as Spurs twisted the knife into Brum.

You claim luck saved us, yet only list actual EVENTS that could have conspired to send us down but did not. Which piece of luck exactly was the one that tipped the balance in our favour? Because for every piece of good luck their are just as many examples of rotten luck. All of which are used as smoke and mirrors. Just listed to Brums manager for evidence of that. Like he's the only one to have injuries. Isn't it a squad game Alex??

You are either good enough or you are not. And this season we were just about good enough inspite of plenty of events that may have derailed less determined players.

This may or not make sense as it's late :lol:

EDIT: about a month ago I considered us all but relegated but then the players woke up

EDIT: about a month ago I considered us all but relegated but then the players woke up

Quite right; the players woke up while the manager continued to sleepwalk into the championship.

• Backroom

Paul, I appreciate we put ourselves in a needless situation and were close to going down but in no way was it down to luck.

Funnily enough last season I said we were lucky to finish 10th due to Dunnes own goal and I was quickly shot down with people saying you end up were you deserve over a season, must also be true now.

If we lost today and other results saved us I would say we had some luck but we went to Wolves knowing the only eay to be sure was to win and we did exactly that.

15th was overall the deserved place to finish, on paper and in ability our team is much better then the 5 teams that finished below us, whilst we can never say that we deserved to be higher than teams like WBA, Newcastle, Stoke and Fulham etc. Secound thing which makes me chuckle, we always seem to finish in 6th, 10th or 15th bar the 2007-2008 season.

6th: 2002-2003, 2005-2006. (2)

7th: 2007-2008. (1)

10th: 2001-2002, 2006-2007, 2009-2010. (3)

15th: 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2010-2011. (3)

It was a battle we should never have been in and we should have been collecting another top half finish.

Enormous sense of relief this morning. Still letting the nerves calm down.

Those saying there was never any danger should reflect that had the scoring order been reversed yesterday (coming back from 2 down to win 3-2) we would have spent 5 nerve wracking minutes in the bottom 3 yesterday.

Those saying there was never any danger should reflect that had the scoring order been reversed yesterday (coming back from 2 down to win 3-2) we would have spent 5 nerve wracking minutes in the bottom 3 yesterday.

Oh my word.

Those saying that there was never any danger should reflect that had we have lost every game since Kean took over, we would have got relegated.

That sentence is just as pointless and irrelevant as yours.

By the same token you could say with a bit more luck and better refereeing decisions we could have bettered last seasons 10th position.

But we didn't so staying up is good enough.

I'll put it out there - despite all the stuff that has taken place with the owners, Sam, Kean and some awful results, i've had a great time following Rovers this season. Absolutely relieved the season is over and we are safe, but I've had a ball.

• Backroom

I've hated the majority of this season and am glad to see the back of it, with us still in the Premier League.

It's going to be an extremely interesting summer - certain things need to be done to ensure we don't get involved in the same dogfight next season, but whether Venky's will make the right choices remain to be seen.

I've hated the majority of this season and am glad to see the back of it, with us still in the Premier League.

It's going to be an extremely interesting summer - certain things need to be done to ensure we don't get involved in the same dogfight next season, but whether Venky's will make the right choices remain to be seen.

What correct decisions will they be?

Replacing the manager does not seem to be on the horizon anytime soon so I assume you mean sqaud spending?

Archived