BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want something else than just the talking mum ? ;)

I see that Samba are being linked with Lyon. Would be much happier to see Samba go abroad if he was sold.

I agree, then in a couple of years, we can beat them in the Champion's League :)

I would also remind you that the last three managers, Big Sam, Wee Paul and Hunky Mark ALL said at one point or another that money was short for signings.

All I hear from Steve Kean is positive enthusiasm.

Am I missing something?

Point being Alan that 5m? 10m? What will they come up with tomorrow? Who can believe a word that comes out of BRFC anymore?

Maybe if JW was to say it it would be different and we could take it as fact but either he's unwilling to compromise himself or he's not allowed.

Anyway who but an idiot or a fool broadcasts how much they have to spend in this day and age?

This is a direct quote from Steve Kean when asked about targets and the initial 5 million :

"I think 5 million was always a minimum, I don't think a maximum was put on."

This is a direct quote from Steve Kean when asked about long term funds :

"I think there is a minimum over the next four transfer windows of 5 million. That is a minimum. I will be submitting different names and when they tell us to stop we stop."

The full interview is in today’s LET and despite some people saying it was a bad press conference I think he came across really well.

He also mentions that the owners are open and will say whatever is on there minds but he wants them to go through Paul Agnew in the future so they can get a handle on what is released.

He admits communication is a problem but it is because they are excited and enthusiastic.

Its a superb interview and there are some tough questions that he gave good answers to.

I have a degree in dumbness thanks very much, 1st class :P . Born without a funny bone I take it?

What's wrong with requiring clarity?

He's clearly written 5M for the next 3 windows so that's 1.3M per window. If it's 5M for each of the next 3 windows then that's different.

It's been answered so many times already that I didn't see a need to clog up another thread with nonsense. If you wanted clarity that much you would require more sources than just one (nicko). ;)

Does anyone think there is any chance that Venkys will get bored quickly and sell the club and move on ?

*crosses fingers*

A good chance I think, however, it wont be through boredom but the realisation that this is potentially an endless drain on their resources; not helped by naivety in blurting out what funds they are prepared to spend on Ronaldinho which has put millions on the future costs of our deals going forward.

Nicko, with Santa Cruz coming soon, I'm presuming Roberts will have to be shipped out? We'll end up with 5 strikers at the club. Someone I am sure will leave.

Wasn't Jason injured in last Jan's transfer window ? Coincidence or just bad luck ?

You want something else than just the talking mum ? ;)

I see that Samba are being linked with Lyon. Would be much happier to see Samba go abroad if he was sold.

No, Roque's had his chance with me and blew it ... :P

Agreed, would prefer Samba to go out of the country.

think people have heard wrong... Mrs Venkys said 500mill will be available to spend, not 5mill. Its just the accent that is not so clear. Its similar to Nicko's accent, gets lost in translation(only joking Mr Nixon) ;):P

I really don't understand what has changed on the budgets. Kean said, in front of a television camera that there wasn't a figure put on it. He'll work on a list that he feels represents value for money and work with the owners from there. Previous reports have indicated that at least £5m would be made available.

Isn't that it? Presumably the plan is to try and fill the handful of positions on the list without spending way over the odds. Simple common sense. What are we expecting them to do? Tot up everything in a spreadsheet and then tell the LET we're going to spend exactly 6.575m and not a pound more?

There is nothing wrong with a bit of scepticism until the money has physically been spent. That will be the proof in the pudding, of course but I don't see much to get uptight about until we get to the last week of January and still haven't got anyone in.

I would also remind you that the last three managers, Big Sam, Wee Paul and Hunky Mark ALL said at one point or another that money was short for signings.

All I hear from Steve Kean is positive enthusiasm.

Am I missing something?

But did anyone of those managers complain about money just a few weeks after being given the job? What manager does anything but be positive when they first get in?

Also, isn't "positive enthusiasm" tautologous? ;)

Archived