BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EH-Diouf did bitchslap one of the QPR players just after the final whistle before Pedersen came in and stopped it getting any worse. Although they probably deserved it, some of the QPR players tackling was a bit rough to say the least.

The centre half tussled with, and threw an elbow at, Miram Diouff at the half way line early in the first half when the ball was around the Rovers box. Miles away from play and for no apparent reason. Disgraceful play.

Bad touch by Givet potentially invited a challenge, but Givet knocked the ball past and was clattered by the QPR players wild lunge. I was sat in the Riverside and couldn't believe that we weren't all up baying for a red card for the QPR lad. Maybe it all happened too quickly, though?

What a great game by Junior! He seems a different player. Now I can see why St Pauli(?) were begging him to stay. Good goal, as well, in the face of rough-house tactics against him. Sheff U, sorry QPR, had identified him as a danger man early on and stuck the boot in. Very little protection from the ref today.

Wouldn't have gone to this game had Allardyce still been in charge, but we've just been and bought 5 tickets and are looking forward to seeing some of the fringe players staking a claim.

Looking at the masses of empty seats at Ewood today it appears that you are well and truly in the minority Gav. It seemed today that many people took the opportunity to register their disapproval of the new owners after the events of the past month. I dread to think what the attendance would have been but for the excellent result against Lpool on Wednesday night.

I must say I damned nearly didn't go today but persuaded by Wednesdays result and the chance to see Adel Taarabt in action I said a weak 'yeah OK' when my mate rang to say he was on his way to Ewood and did I want a ticket? Very disappointed to see Taarabt had not been selected by a manager with his eyes on a far greater prize.

Looking at the masses of empty seats at Ewood today it appears that you are well and truly in the minority Gav. It seemed today that many people took the opportunity to register their disapproval of the new owners after the events of the past month. I dread to think what the attendance would have been but for the excellent result against Lpool on Wednesday night.

I must say I damned nearly didn't go today but persuaded by Wednesdays result and the chance to see Adel Taarabt in action I said a weak 'yeah OK' when my mate rang to say he was on his way to Ewood and did I want a ticket? Very disappointed to see Taarabt had not been selected by a manager with his eyes on a far greater prize.

Er -how do the new owners know there is a protest? I didn't see a picket line or any placards. Downright stupid to 'protest' by staying away if no-one knows about it. Sometimes I wonder, I really do.

Was at the game today, so thought I would give my thoughts on the match, the tackle, and the Diouf incidnet.

Firstly the match, played well in the first 20 mins, created a a handful of chances, QPR were intent on fouling, using dirty tactics to slow us down, and waste time. As a reult of this we started to resort to long balls, and constantly kept giving the ball away.

Hoilett's goal was a terrific finish form the edge of the area into the bottom right hand corner, good build up play on the left between MGP and Morris, and then a good run from EH Diouf, squared to Hoilett to finish.

Hoilett was absolutely outstanding from start to finish, they struggled to cope with his pace, and trickery, and he is getting better everytime he plays, exciting stuff indeed.

Also a mention to Potts, who I thought did well today, Hanley was solid at the back, Salado attimes was absolutely class, so calm and collective, Im sure he would do well in that holding midfield role.

Morris did ok when he came on at left back also, could forward often, and put in some pin point crosses, Roberts missed a sitter from one.

MGP, at times his set pieces are un-defendable, at others they are simply woefull.

Ok in regards to the tackle, I was in the Blackburn end, but it was uptowards to the halfway line near the riverside stand, so didnt have a great view, from what I heard from other fans, it was a 50/50 ball, but Mackie has made a bad challenge. Several players ran in as expoected when a bad challenge is made, their lad got up and then went back down. The general comment sI heard were he would have been sent off, if he didnt get stretchered off.

In regards to Diouf, I would have though he would have had a good view of the challenge, and felt it was a bad one from Mackie, I dont think it excuses what he did, but I'm sure he didnt know the lad was badly injured at the time, Diouf however has previous, and this will always come back to haunt him, whenever there is an incident such as this one.

In regards to Neil Warnock, I've never liked him, i'm not sure many do, obviously he is upset a key player has a serious injury, and maybe Diouf has over stepped the mark, maybe he hasnt, but the key here is that you cant go around calling players from opposite teams sewer rats, or actually what he said is that he is below a sewer rat. Diouf would well be in his rights to take that matter further.

I think when everyone see's the challenge on the highlights tonight, it will help clear things up, it should also show the lad getting up at first, how could diouf possibly know he had broke his leg.

Anyway solid enough performance, first clean sheet under steve kean,and into the 4th round draw, job done.

Just to add, in regards to people saying they boycotted the game today in protest to the new ownership, what the hell is that supposed to acheive? You all should be ashamed of yourselves, the players have no say in how things are run at the top, and as football fans you get behind your team no matter what. I've been a fan all my life, and make the trip up from Leeds to Ewood almost every week, I go to cheer on the players, not the owners of the club.

@RobbieSavage8 proper disappointed that e diouf was in my ear while aim on the deck with a broken leg saying (Please don't use that word again) u and (Please don't use that word again) your leg thanks

Thats from mackies twitter.

You have the link mate? Cant find it on Twitter

Good win although sounded like a poor game apart from Hoilett's runs.

I would like to hear how Hanley, Lowe, Morris and Linganzi did from folks at the game.

There were just 5 Premier quality playerrs on show today and they were all in blue and white..... Nelsen, Salgado, Pederson, Hoillett and EHD. Notwithstanding the fact that we had some very young players out there the other 20 or so were completely interchangeable.

Come off it gord it wasn't owt to do with a protest. That was a typical Rovers cup third round crowd.

Agreed- We only managed 14,000 when we played Coventry in the fifth round two years ago.

Overspending at Christmas, still damn cold and not the most attractive of opposition would always ensure a low crowd. Although, I do wish people could work out where they're sitting.

Sitting at the back of the Riverside stand about ten yards to the left of the Givet incident, definitely dont think there should have a sending off as it was a 50/50 challenge with no player in control of the ball with both players around equal distance from the ball.

As each player went for the ball both seemed to miss it and clash with one another simultaneously with BOTH lunging for the ball, unfortunately as the players collided we could hear the crack of the bone, loud and clear in the Riverside stand due to the low numbers in the ground.

Just hope that both players make a speedy recovery.

QPR lad has broken his leg. Givet absolutely rock hard.

Silly post and the two who voted for you are pathetic. It's not a he-man contest and Givet's skeleton has not been replaced with adamantium for goodness sake! That collision could just as easily have resulted in him being the one with the broken leg.

Warnock take a look at your own team....Iv been hearing so many good things about QPR and how they are a good team and play good football etc....well today your team was full of fouling and nasty tackles. The Givet/ Mackie injury was caused by Mackie who went in late, and came off worst against the French tramp.

Abit more from Warnock - Warnock added that he had not intended to play the 25-year-old Mackie, admitting he had left playmaker Adel Taarabt out of the squad entirely because he felt he "might break a leg".

So he is saying we are a dirty team??

As for the game - easy win considering how tricky it could have been, should have been more - Kenny pulled off 3 good saves before they had any decent effort on goal. Bunn had to make 1 top save.

Hoilett was the best player on the pitch. Lowe looked decent on the ball, and happy to pass the ball around.

Nelsen was frustrating with his usual lumps forward, MGP & Diouf didnt look interested and Benjani looked like we should have given him a break today. Roberts did nothing when he came on either.

Glad we have Kalinic back next game, also hopefully Samba & Olsson, and with abit of a luck a new midfielder.

neil warnock had branded el hadji diouf a sewer rat and the lowest of the low for calling jamie mackie a disgrace while on the floor injured

BTW who made the tackle givet or mackie?

Givet had possession but a heavy touch let him down and made it into a 50:50 challenge which neither player backed off from.

There were just 5 Premier quality playerrs on show today and they were all in blue and white..... Nelsen, Salgado, Pederson, Hoillett and EHD. Notwithstanding the fact that we had some very young players out there the other 20 or so were completely interchangeable.

Agree to an extent, but I think Mame Diouf is a quality player, strong, fast, good movement, just his finishing letting him down a bit.

Also thought Hanley looked solid at the back, and will get better the more he plays.

Also Bunn was solid today as well, made a good save in the first half, tipping a free kick onto the bar, and dealt with everything he had to comfortably, really impressed with him.

Agree with the rest of the youngsters, did ok, but it would be hard to judge them on one performance. Morris whipped in a couple of great crosses, Roberts made a complete mess of one of them with a shocking header.

By the way QPR 21 fouls today, kind of says it all, and only 2 bookings, probably should have been more, and maybe even a red, but need to see the challenge again.

the referee was not with it either - Hoillet got a torrid time and was flattened by a couple of flying elbows which were missed by te ref. What did warnock say about those - nowt.

Ref was way too lenient. That full back fouled Hoillet repeatedly and the guy with the greying hair was putting it about all afternoon including a terrible lunge of EHD in the second half. Whether this was under half time instructions from Warnock I'd not be at all suprised.

First half the ref had a little calming word with Hulse after he absolutely blatantly elbowed Hanley in the mouth. Not even a yellow when many these days would have shown a straight red.

Givet had possession but a heavy touch let him down and made it into a 50:50 challenge which neither player backed off from.

It all happened very quickly and I'd like to see it again.

Givet's touch was bad. I thought that Givet then went to play the ball, which he did successfully. Their lad went in to get anything he could, player, ball, whatever. We're very lucky that Givet doesn't have a broken leg as a result of this challenge.

Silly post and the two who voted for you are pathetic. It's not a he-man contest and Givet's skeleton has not been replaced with adamantium for goodness sake! That collision could just as easily have resulted in him being the one with the broken leg.

Oh here he it comes....pathetic this and pathetic that. No one wants to see a broken leg to any player, clearly a throwaway comment about Givet being a rock hard defender, nothing more. nothing less.

Valois. Potts didn't play it was Lowe, who I thought was fairly average and went missing for most parts of the game.

Thanks mate, ment Lowe, been a long old day, would normally drive to the game from Leeds, but got the train today as the car is in for repair, never again.

Archived