BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

• Backroom

Agree entirely mate, i was at the game but didnt really see the challenge and the highlights were crap, but if your saying it was a bad challenge on Givet, Diouf has every right to have a go at Mackie, its a natural reaction to defend a team matein situations like that.

The only thing I have a problem with, IF it is true the comment he has alledgedlly made to Warnock at the end, it just looks really bad, and doesnt do our reputation any favours at all. Like I said its on the QPR website so i take it with a pinch of salt.

Watched it back a few times in slow mo now and edited my post slightly as I worded it badly. Mackie goes over the ball but I don't think it was intended to injure Givet but very easily could have (in honesty I still don't know after repeat viewings).

We know Diouf is a windup merchant and Warnock isn't exactly a pleasant man so maybe Warnock went over ranting and raving like he does and Diouf simply couldn't be bothered with him, what is Warnock doing confronting Diouf in the first place?

Warnock is a horrible loser and his team were dirty throughout the game.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Focusing upon what Warnock has said:

He shouldn't have slated him as he did calling him a sewer rat etc but at the end of the post match interview he said

"things like that, they come back to haunt you. One day something will happen to him like that, and I'm sure there won't be many tears"

Now personally as I stated before I unfortunately blinked/glanced away from the screen at the vital moment and legitimately missed the challenge (itv :angry2:) so in some ways I am not in much of a position to criticize after missing the incident. But in my opinion those words are bang out of order and far worse than calling him a sewer rat.

From what I have gathered on here Mackies challenge may have been over the top and could have caused serious injury to Givet. Yet there are no Rovers fans happy about the fact that Mackie has broken his leg when in a skewed world some may see the outcome as karma. All that has been said are wishes for a speedy recovery. And rightly so. It's not something you would wish on any player.

As can be seen by the quote above, not Warnock. He has as much as openly wished Diouf have his leg broken. I doubt any action shall be taken but even through blue and white tinted spectacles it should. You cannot say these things. As for Diouf, to me it sounds like he has got involved in something he would have best kept out of. We all know he is no angel but I think he has defended his mate who has been floored and when backed into a corner will fight hence the after the whistle comments. No excuses for him though but Warnock is no better and if not a whole lot worse in my honest opinion.

At the end of the day I'm sure everyone's wishes go to Jamie Mackie in wishing him a speedy recovery.

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12606,00.html - Warnocks comments underneath

Having watched the tackle a few times back and it's still difficult to figure out. Givet foot was off the ground but it was the speed at which Mackie ran into the tackle that caused the injury, it wasn't even a tackle as such just looked like he was running and trying to poke the ball away but obviously didn't. In the process his other non-broken leg smashed into Givet's knee. In conclusion just looked like an unfortunate accident to me.

Agree entirely mate, i was at the game but didnt really see the challenge and the highlights were crap, but if your saying it was a bad challenge on Givet, Diouf has every right to have a go at Mackie, its a natural reaction to defend a team matein situations like that.

The only thing I have a problem with, IF it is true the comment he has alledgedlly made to Warnock at the end, it just looks really bad, and doesnt do our reputation any favours at all. Like I said its on the QPR website so i take it with a pinch of salt.

But don't dare say he doesn't give a toss, ooh now that would be naughty.

Focusing upon what Warnock has said:

He shouldn't have slated him as he did calling him a sewer rat etc but at the end of the post match interview he said

"things like that, they come back to haunt you. One day something will happen to him like that, and I'm sure there won't be many tears"

Now personally as I stated before I unfortunately blinked/glanced away from the screen at the vital moment and legitimately missed the challenge (itv :angry2:) so in some ways I am not in much of a position to criticize after missing the incident. But in my opinion those words are bang out of order and far worse than calling him a sewer rat.

From what I have gathered on here Mackies challenge may have been over the top and could have caused serious injury to Givet. Yet there are no Rovers fans happy about the fact that Mackie has broken his leg when in a skewed world some may see the outcome as karma. All that has been said are wishes for a speedy recovery. And rightly so. It's not something you would wish on any player.

As can be seen by the quote above, not Warnock. He has as much as openly wished Diouf have his leg broken. I doubt any action shall be taken but even through blue and white tinted spectacles it should. You cannot say these things. As for Diouf, to me it sounds like he has got involved in something he would have best kept out of. We all know he is no angel but I think he has defended his mate who has been floored and when backed into a corner will fight hence the after the whistle comments. No excuses for though but Warnock is no better and if not a whole lot worse in my honest opinion.

At the end of the day I'm sure everyone's wishes go to Jamie Mackie in wishing him a speedy recovery.

Top post mate, interesting point you make about Warnocks quote about Diouf, which is absolutely shocking.

I think TCO has since added that when he said over the top, he has gone over the top of the ball, but not sure if its a bad challenge or not.

Loving watching Hoilett play at the moment, reminds me of a young Duffer, now can you give out such high praise, shout me down by alls means if you think i'm wrong.

As for Lowe and Morris just dont think they are of the standard required, yet Linganzi, he looked by far more comfortable and assured and a head above Jason Lowe in the standard required to be, a successful premier league player.

How I remember when you were totally slating Hoilett from pillar to post.

Good find with the article.

Good to see the example used on how to tackle is Phil Jones.

He definiely could pass a a look a like for Mrs Doubtfire.

Taken from Wikipedia, Warnock hasnt got a leg to stand on, excuse the pun.

In January 2007, Downes was involved in a touchline scuffle with Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock after he accused Warnock of telling his players to 'break legs'. However Warnock said: "I made the kicking gesture to tell the referee that Steve Sidwell's tackle on Chris Armstrong had been the worst of the game. Fortunately for me, the referee heard exactly what was said and confirmed that." Downes has been charged with improper conduct for his role in the affray.

Taken from Wikipedia, Warnock hasnt got a leg to stand on, excuse the pun.

In January 2007, Downes was involved in a touchline scuffle with Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock after he accused Warnock of telling his players to 'break legs'. However Warnock said: "I made the kicking gesture to tell the referee that Steve Sidwell's tackle on Chris Armstrong had been the worst of the game. Fortunately for me, the referee heard exactly what was said and confirmed that." Downes has been charged with improper conduct for his role in the affray.

Does that not read that the ref back up Warnock and he was vindicated of the claim.

Does that not read that the ref back up Warnock and he was vindicated of the claim.

Sorry you are correct this is in fact the incident in which it occured. It's safe to say the guy has previous, and you have to wonder about the incident with Wally Downes as well, even though he was cleared in that incident, not enough evidence I guess.

Taken from here - http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23407367-poll-i-had-to-call-in-the-police-after-one-of-warnocks-most-vicious-outbursts.do

Fast-forward three years and Sheffield United won promotion to the Premier League. Their next match was against local rivals Leeds United who were pushing for a play-off place. Their manager was Kevin Blackwell who had been Warnock's assistant at Sheffield United and the manner of his 'defection' had angered Warnock.

Blackwell and Leeds coach John Carver were aggressively vocal in the other dug- out but Warnock behaved himself until just before half-time when Craig Short of Sheffield United and Leeds' Gary Kelly went for a 50-50 ball. Paul Robinson, the fourth official, called me over and reported that Warnock had shouted: 'Next time I hope he (Kelly) breaks his f***ing leg.'

Blackwell and Warnock

What a viciously spiteful thing to say about any player. I sent Warnock to the stand - one of the easiest decisions I had to make in 27 years - but he complained that the fourth official had it in for him and refused to go. He was out of control.

I got a police officer to help ensure Warnock left the technical area, but at half-time in the tunnel Warnock tried to have a row with the fourth official and there was another confrontation with Kelly.

First 1st team game I'd been to in a while.

Thought we started the game off well with some promising attacks on the break before the game went quiet after the double injury. I've only seen it once but it looked like to me that it was an honest challenge by both players, as for the booing for Mackie that was diabolical from some of our numpty fans.

Second half was poor on the whole, we for whatever reason decided to switch to a diamond in midfield to stop their attacks which were coming from central areas but that also meant that our attacks from wide were no longer there.

Great goal by Hoilett took it well and early which I think caught Kenny out.

Best players: Junior - He could be coming to fruition quality on the ball and caused them countless problems.

Nelsen- Thought he handled the backing in of Hulse very well and with an inexperienced defence at the end around him he did well.

Salgado/Hanley - Similar to Nelsen.

Worst - EH Diouf - Never seen someone duck out of so many tackles in one game, did the same with headers but then never made an attempt to get the 2nd ball either, only thing he did was set up the goal.

Gamst - Started off well but then played one hopeless ball after another. Would love to see his passing %

Roberts/Benjani/Givet - None of them I don't think played that well either.

Guest Walshy

can someone explain to me why neil warnock is so miffed off at EH Diouf? From what i have read its something to do with him giving that mackie player a piece of his mind for the challenge on givet? If so, he has every right to cuz it was a shocking challenge and you can see in the replay that he smashes his leg into givet's kneecap and the force snaps his own leg, i say, well done diouf. and warnock can eat sh1t

When did the old sticks and stones rule stop being relevent?

Edit: Just seen it, for me it looks like Mackie has gone over the ball, now what if it was Givet had a broken leg and Mackie was fine? Many would say he's a disgrace, that fact doesn't change because of the outcome.

Diouf makes life hard for himself sometimes but I choose to believe today he was just defending a teammate who looked to be in a bad way.

Edit: Having said all that I hope Mackie recovers quick, it was a poor tackle but I doubt it was premeditated and I'm sure Diouf would say the same after the adrenaline has worn off.

I think I will hve to disagree with you there TCO. In my own playing days tackling was used much more so than today and two-footed sliding tackles were common and legal as long as your timing was right and you got the ball before the player. So what I am getting round to saying is that in my opinion (from long experience) you cannot go over the ball and break an opponents leg accidentally; you have to do it deliberately. The only other way to do it is by being absolutely and completely wrong in your aim, which is certainly POSSIBLE' but you would have to either be drunk or have very bad eyesight.

can someone explain to me why neil warnock is so miffed off at EH Diouf? From what i have read its something to do with him giving that mackie player a piece of his mind for the challenge on givet? If so, he has every right to cuz it was a shocking challenge and you can see in the replay that he smashes his leg into givet's kneecap and the force snaps his own leg, i say, well done diouf. and warnock can eat sh1t

Very mature -_-

Archived