BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

Worst - EH Diouf - Never seen someone duck out of so many tackles in one game, did the same with headers but then never made an attempt to get the 2nd ball either, only thing he did was set up the goal.

At the end of the day, setting up the goal meant the difference between being in the draw for the fourth round and facing a reply. He's not everyone's cup of tea, and admittedly he wasn't at his best yesterday, but this season - week in and week out, home and away - Diouf has been by far one of our most consistent performers. He's been the one player who has been capable of retaining possession and winning free-kicks in dangerous positions that Pederson has been able to exploit with his delivery from dead ball situations.

If Venky's have serious money to put into the club then I suspect that Diouf will be replaced in the summer but at the moment he remains a key member of the first team squad.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day, setting up the goal meant the difference between being in the draw for the fourth round and facing a reply. He's not everyone's cup of tea, and admittedly he wasn't at his best yesterday, but this season - week in and week out, home and away - Diouf has been by far one of our most consistent performers. He's been the one player who has been capable of retaining possession and winning free-kicks in dangerous positions that Pederson has been able to exploit with his delivery from dead ball situations.

If Venky's have serious money to put into the club then I suspect that Diouf will be replaced in the summer but at the moment he remains a key member of the first team squad.

Very true I've thought he's been one of our most consistent players this season, which in a way makes yesterdays performance more frustrating, but can definitely see your point, just glad he did do that one good thing :lol: No one wanted a replay

Warnock can say what he like's about EHD, both are horrible little men! But just listening to Warnock on the radio anyone who's not seen the 'tackle' would probably believe it was Givet's fault! Apparently Mr. Warnock couldn't believe the foul was given against his player!

Looking at the masses of empty seats at Ewood today it appears that you are well and truly in the minority Gav. It seemed today that many people took the opportunity to register their disapproval of the new owners after the events of the past month. I dread to think what the attendance would have been but for the excellent result against Lpool on Wednesday night.

I didn't attend because of flu - I would imagine that a lot of people didn't attend because of money & job worries. It may have been cheap - but £15 is still £15 - and QPR was never a particulary attractive match.

On this point - I think Rovers should offer a ST that covers cup matches - may help improve attendances.

I didn't attend because of flu - I would imagine that a lot of people didn't attend because of money & job worries. It may have been cheap - but £15 is still £15 - and QPR was never a particulary attractive match.

On this point - I think Rovers should offer a ST that covers cup matches - may help improve attendances.

So in that case you would be happy for an extra cost of £50 or £60 on season tickets to cover the cost of an average of 3/4 home cup matches would suit you David?

It's a good idea cos we would probably still be in the bottom 3 of providing the cheapest ST's in the Prem. The ST holders would just have to pay up or buy tickets on a match by match basis.

Hard to do though TMTP because we may not play any cup games at home, but then again we may play 8.

There used to be a cup-ticket scheme whereby they took money automatically for each cup game to 'guarantee your seat' :D but I think that went by the wayside along with the away-ticket scheme due to lack of interest.

Warnock can say what he like's about EHD, both are horrible little men! But just listening to Warnock on the radio anyone who's not seen the 'tackle' would probably believe it was Givet's fault! Apparently Mr. Warnock couldn't believe the foul was given against his player!

True, at least the Ref saw it as a foul by Mackie.

As for Warnock his Wikipedia entry says it all -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Warnock

The man is a bag of wind and deserves no respect. He has a lot fewer friends than most managers!

I couldn't believe Warnock's comments today, I haven't seen a replay of the Givet incident on Tv but my view of it in normal time was that the QPR player made an absolutely ridiculous challenge such was the speed and ferocity with which he went in. It's only by the grace of god Givet hasn't got a broken leg as well so it's impossible to feel any sympathy for Mackie.

As for the game I thought we were great until Givet's injury and Hoillet was an absolute joy to watch throughout. There's never been any indication he had that level of performance in him before Wednesday night. Someone somewhere has found an extra couple of gears from him.

As a side issue I reckon QPR will cause a mini riot if they get promoted and approach games like that in the Premiership. Tackles flying in at breakneck speed, elbows flying about all over the place and players jumping in at opponents rather than the ball. Extremely unpleasant.

As for the game I thought we were great until Givet's injury and Hoillet was an absolute joy to watch throughout. There's never been any indication he had that level of performance in him before Wednesday night. Someone somewhere has found an extra couple of gears from him.

Should we begin to give credit to Steve Kean? The change of style, albeit short of sufficient quality yet, to a passing one may be allowing the chains off the young man.

Hear, hear. Both in his running at defenders and his dribbling skills - not wishing to go too far ott, but I heard comparisons with "Dougie" yesterday.

As a side issue I reckon QPR will cause a mini riot if they get promoted and approach games like that in the Premiership. Tackles flying in at breakneck speed, elbows flying about all over the place and players jumping in at opponents rather than the ball. Extremely unpleasant.

Again; hear, hear, Rev.

I surely can't be the only one there yesterday to have wondered why the Ref [usually quite a good one, imo] left his Guide Dog in the dressing room. He seemed to miss so much from QPR.

If they do come up and continue to play like that, they could set a Premier League record for red cards.

Should we begin to give credit to Steve Kean? The change of style, albeit short of sufficient quality yet, to a passing one may be allowing the chains off the young man.

Absolutely not. Not even if he wins every game etween now and the end of the season. Because he's a Kentaro client. And a yes man. And a puppet for Venky's.

And I've heard he has a part time job at Northcote Curry House in the evenings under the auspices of Maitre D Jerome Anderson and Sous Chef's Kris Boyd and Geovanni.

Errrr.... well yes, up to a point.

It was Allardyce though who pushed/talked/persuaded Hoilett into signing a new contract, when there were real doubts as to him staying. Allardyce promised him that he would get first team opportunities and delivered those promises. Sam did what a good manager should do with youngsters - he brought him in gradually and allowed him to develop at his own pace.

and just in case we all forget, Hoilett was playing well before Venky's or Steve Kean took over, as many posters pointed out. He's done very well in the last two games in particular and there's no reason to doubt that that wouldn't have happened under any manager, because the lads got talent.

So, who to applaud for Hoilett's recent form for Rovers - the guy who kept him at the club and gave him plenty of games, where he undoubtedly improved as time went by, or a stand in manager who's got 5 games under his belt? Or should we just try to win brownie points?

I'll tell you who to congratulate, - Junior Hoilett.

Behave Rev.

The circumstances in which he got the job were frankly ridiculous. If he turns out to be a pearler it is by luck and the persuasion skills of SEM.

We all win if this does work out but it was a risk that could still be disastrous.

Errrr.... well yes, up to a point.

It was Allardyce though who pushed/talked/persuaded Hoilett into signing a new contract, when there were real doubts as to him staying. Allardyce promised him that he would get first team opportunities and delivered those promises. Sam did what a good manager should do with youngsters - he brought him in gradually and allowed him to develop at his own pace.

and just in case we all forget, Hoilett was playing well before Venky's or Steve Kean took over, as many posters pointed out. He's done very well in the last two games in particular and there's no reason to doubt that that wouldn't have happened under any manager, because the lads got talent.

So, who to applaud for Hoilett's recent form for Rovers - the guy who kept him at the club and gave him plenty of games, where he undoubtedly improved as time went by, or a stand in manager who's got 5 games under his belt? Or should we just try to win brownie points?

I'll tell you who to congratulate, - Junior Hoilett.

Like you say, errr..... well yes up to a point.

Hoillet rarely if ever started a game under Sam's preferred system so it's unlikely he'd even have been on the pitch the last two games to put in those sort of performances.

And he 's certainly never put in performances like the last two before then.

I also saw Hoillet several times for the reserves last season and he didn't particularly impress even at that level. So something or someone has got him fired up all of a sudden.

Behave Rev.

The circumstances in which he got the job were frankly ridiculous. If he turns out to be a pearler it is by luck and the persuasion skills of SEM.

We all win if this does work out but it was a risk that could still be disastrous.

Absolute rubbish. If he turns out to be a pearler it's an inspired decision by the owners for which they must take full credit. As they must equally take full blame if it goes wrong.

It might be a risk which you might say you or I wouldn't have taken personally but you have to give credit where it's due if it comes off.

How is it 'inspired' decision making by people that had never met the fella or watched a game of football?

SEM, now they obviously put the idea in Venky's mind and they obviously believe in their client, I will too when we are safe this season.

Inspired decision?

Who do you think was influential over the decision to make Kean manager?

How does Mrs Desai know Kean works long hours?

There are still a lot of question marks over how Kean actually got the job Rev, plus the potential conflict of interest, and it is pretty unheard of a coach leapfroging immediately up to manager in the Premier League.

All very strange stuff, only natural to raise eyebrows over it.

Inspired decision?

Who do you think was influential over the decision to make Kean manager?

How does Mrs Desai know Kean works long hours?

There are still a lot of question marks over how Kean actually got the job Rev, plus the potential conflict of interest, and it is pretty unheard of a coach leapfroging immediately up to manager in the Premier League.

All very strange stuff, only natural to raise eyebrows over it.

I don't know and I don't care if Kean does better than Sam. Nicko who claims to be in the know says Kentaro actually wanted Sam to stay.

Mrs. Desai was in charge for a while before Sam was sacked. She would soon notice for example if he took a lot of time off in the wake of last year's health scare, or delegated a lot of responsibility. Which you couldn't blame him for.

What you put in your last paragraph is not only potentially incorrect but potentially libellous. It could equally be nothing more sinister than new owners coming in and wanting a change in direction and a different style of play from the team.

Archived